Wanna Play Live? We're looking for a guitarist...

Discussion in 'Live Performance & Stage Sound' started by eaeolian, Jul 26, 2005.

1. eaeolian

eaeolian Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore! Super Moderator

Howdy. I know I'm new here, and all, and I wasn't planning on having to do this, but...

My band, Division is currently looking for a guitarist, after the guy with the pointy Jackson 7 strings (Matt) decided to move on to other ventures last week.

Needless to say, this leaves us with a problem, since our music is virtually unplayable by a single guitarist, at least without a lot of smart harmonizer programming - and since I don't have a smart harmonizer, I feel it's a better financial move on my part to just find someone so I don't have to spend any more money of gear...

(Well, OK, not really, it's just lets me buy DIFFERENT gear. :metal: )

So, I figured this was a good place to look. We're a power/thrash/whatever metal band, with a heavy songwriting emphasis. We're in the Washington, DC area, and have lots of experience and contacts. We gig fairly regularaly, and are writing our fourth album while shopping a new three song demo.

We're looking for someone with ability, drive, willingness to play 7 string (should be pretty easy to find here), decent gear (ditto), maybe some vocal ability, and somewhat realistic expectations.

Still reading? Interested? Drop me a PM...

Mike

2. Chris

Chris metalguitarist.org Forum MVP

Good luck bro. :hbang:

3. The Dark Wolf

The Dark Wolf Contributor

Not that this helps, but I was just in Fredericksburg last week, being a tourist in DC and whatnot. Took the VRE right through Woodbridge. :hbang:

DC is awesome, BTW. But Va is TOO freakin' HOT! :lol:

4. Shannon

Shannon Lord Super Awesome Contributor

I ran into the same problem with my last band, Byaxis. I wrote all the music for 2 guitarists. I had a hard time finding guys to commit to the band. We played tons of diatonic harmonies & I didn't have a smart harmonizer. Finally, I just got tired of being held back. When we began playing live, I just used the harmonizer in my Rocktron. It only does parallel harmonies, not diatonic. My harmonies didn't match up exactly to our CD, but I found that harmonies in 5ths and minor 3rds worked out quite well & still sounded great. Try that out. You may find out that you don't need another guitarist. ;)

5. Shawn

Shawn Ibanez Guitars Forum MVP

2 guitarists? I thought it was all you on "Born-Rough"...lol.
    Anyway, from what I heard, I liked it but, Im assuming The End Theory is better. :)

Good luck, Eaeolian. ;)

6. Leon

Leon {##[====:::. Contributor

i have the ability and the drive, but not the ability to drive to the DC area on a regular basis :).

sounds like a great gig, good luck filling the spot!

7. eaeolian

It's got it's moments. Can't say I blame anyone for not wanting to drive here...

8. Shannon

Shannon Lord Super Awesome Contributor

The "Born" Rough Mix track I sent you WAS all me. I just recorded all the harmonies diatonically.

9. Ancestor

Ancestor Contributor

Your music is cool. Yep, LOL, you need two guitars. I think you'll find someone, though, without too much trouble. If you were in my area, I'd be all over that gig. :)

10. eaeolian

Thanks. So far, there's a couple of candidates. Hopefully, one will work out, but the job's still open...

11. noodles

noodles Contributor

Wow, if I knew this before, I would have just dropped my harmonizer off, rather than torturing you with my playing. :shred: :lol: