Vocal test - suggestions?

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by Chris, Jul 25, 2004.

1. Chris

Chris metalguitarist.org Forum MVP

http://www.club3g.com/cq7string/vocals.mp3

Thoughts?

Disclaimer: The cracks and pops are Sonar cutting out, because like a dink I had a billion other apps open, and I got like 5 fuckin' spam emails while recording. That background hum is my acoustic picking up the lamp on my desk, because again, I'm a jackass and forgot to turn the fuckin' thing off. :D

Lyrics are nothing special, since I half forgot what the hell I was singing. I also go out of key a few times (notably in the beginning) because I'm trying to be quiet (it's 11pm, after all. ;) )

Anyhow, that aside, lemme know what you think.

2. Goliath

Goliath Contributor

All things aside, that sounds great Chris. :)

3. Digital Black

Digital Black SS.org Regular

Have you ever though of Guitar tracks pro. I have 2 and 3; and are much better suited to multiple tracks and general guitar characteristics..

4. Chris

I'm just getting the hang of Sonar, and moreover Josh, my resident go-to-guy for all things recording, is mega good with it, so I'm not about to switch away from my free tech support. :D

5. Josh

Josh Guest

Sonar is awesome. Some interfaces are harder to get setup than others....but that doesn't have that much to do with the software you're recording with...it's more to do with drivers and all that jive.

Guitar Tracks is a Cakewalk product right?

6. Digital Black

Digital Black SS.org Regular

Yeah...

7. Josh

Josh Guest

Sonar is Cakewalk's flagship recording package. I'd find it hard to believe that guitar tracks was better suited to multi-tracking than Sonar...but I can see how it being less complex would make it substantially easier to use. :agreed:

8. Chris

Yeah, the more I screw with Sonar and figure out where stuff is, it's really not as daunting as it looks. I used Cakewalk 9 a ton, which helps a bit, but other than the PhD in Driver-ology you need to set it up, it's pretty damn great.

9. Virtue

Virtue Prog Nut

Whatever vocal tone you used on the other vocal song you have - use that. ;)