Video of me & my 8 string + drum vid!

Discussion in 'Extended Range Guitars' started by SYLrules88, Apr 2, 2010.

1. SYLrules88

SYLrules88 I play drums!

I decided to make a clip of this thing ive been working on for about a week and a half now. Im a much better drummer than guitarist but it took me a hell of a lot longer to record a drum clip that was good enough. I tried to get it as perfect as possible. For some reason, I kept rushing the part at the end, and take after take, I wasn't getting better. it sounded fine while i was playing, but I discovered how much Id rushed when id go back and listen to it. if i had a way to record my real drums, things would be a lot tighter, i promise :lol:. hard rubber pads are barely an adequate substitute for the real thing.

i finalized the mix in sony acid studio but i dont have an interface so i recorded everything on my boss micro BR and exported one track at a time. thats about the best guitar tone i can get. im using the cab simulation out on my digitech metal master dist pedal going into an old jackson jx-3 on which i also use the cab simul out. im still new to recording and im in the process of learning how to add life to everything. Dont know where I got the idea for the weird shit at the end, but i think it adds a little spunk to it. sorry that im not that exciting to watch. I did over 30 takes on the drums :spock: so i stopped trying to ham it up and just concentrated harder. hope you all enjoy!

haha i dont know how to embed, so here's teh links

gtr
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7kAJg4bvuo

drums
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckIdKdUjoh4

JonnHatch, Gitte, Auyard and 4 others like this.
  2. Xiphos68

Xiphos68 SS.org Regular

Sounds really cool dude!!!

3. Apophis

Apophis Banned

cool, I like it :yesway:

4. hmmm_de_hum

hmmm_de_hum SS.org Regular

Awesome man, well done, glad you finally got a demo sorted :yesway:

5. Innerside

Innerside SS.org Regular

Sounds really cool !
    Thanks for sharing this ! :metal:
    If only i could have an electronic kit to record my drumparts it'll be great ! :agreed:

6. SYLrules88

SYLrules88 I play drums!

thanks for the compliments! as i said, im working on adding clarity and life to everything, so my next one will sound better. :agreed:

it makes recording so much easier, but i think in order to get a decent kit, you really have to spend some dough. the one im playing on was purchased by my lead singer several years ago for $1000. the hard rubber pads kinda suck, but at least he bought a mesh pad for the snare. the tracking isnt the best, but overall, i think the sounds are pretty good, and there really are lots of different snares, toms, kicks, etc to choose from. kinda sucks that this technology still costs a hell of a lot of money.

7. Wookieslayer

Wookieslayer OOOAAARWWWRR

Very cool man. keep it up. lol my drummer has the same e drum kit. at least it looks the same and i know it sounds exactly the same from jamming with him :metal:

8. JonnHatch

JonnHatch SS.org Regular

HELLLLLL YEAHHHH!!!!:hbang: