UV7pwh new look

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by reptillion, Aug 30, 2009.

1. reptillion

reptillion SS.org Regular

[​IMG]
    I got it set up by a tech. He didnt know what he was doing with trems. I got it with the tremol-no locked, he told me to unlock it and the floyd will work. The original angle was wrong, i opened it up, the floyd went out of whack, but the angle was better, so I locked it. Now the angle is better but the intonation is screwed. I'm not going to ask for my money back because this guy does business with my dad, but I lost 100 dollars. Oh well, now im going to learn how to do it myself.

But anyways, I think it looks sick and i have the original mounted to plywood.
    I was going for this look

But i dont think it needs black knobs or pickup covers.

~Ryan

Shawn, playstopause, Rabsa and 2 others like this.
  2. Apex1rg7x

Apex1rg7x Agent of Chaos

That looks sick with the black pickguard bro :agreed:

3. TomPerverteau

TomPerverteau Tube & Analog Snob

I like the white knobs & pickups against the black pickguard!

4. NegaTiveXero

NegaTiveXero .... Your Face!

Why would you let a tech who doesn't know how to work on trems work on your trem?

Why is there a guitar tech that can't work on trems? That doesn't sound like much of a guitar tech. I'd get my money back, especially if he charged you $100 for a job I could do in my sleep. I only charge $30 for a floyd set-up, and my customers love my floyd set-ups. Then, I'd probably charge $10-15 to swap the pickguard.

That's just me though.

5. Adam Of Angels

Adam Of Angels The GAS Man

Fuck that shit, dude - you paid him to do something and he didn't do it. If you paid me to paint your house and I just splashed paint on it in whatever sloppy manner I wanted to, would you just let it slide? What you need to do is take a 1" black steel pipe to his shop and tell him how unhappy you are... ok, wait... scratch that, just tell him you'd like a refund because he didn't do anything useful.

... and come to think of it, why is he charging $100 to set up a guitar? Its not like he's restorting the damn thing.

Nice looking guitar, by the way. I love that color scheme

6. 7slinger

7slinger wake up dead

I like the original pwh look better myself :2c:, but it looks pretty good with the black too

just learn how to do the setups yourself, then you don't have to deal with this kind of crap

7. vortex_infinium

vortex_infinium Asian Women Fanatic

I liked the original look as well. But I have no complaints with the new look either. The contrast looks better with white on black on white as opposed to black on black on white.

And yea $100 is insane for a set up. Stores around where I live do it for $40 CAD +strings and at home tech's do it for less. I'd say learning how to set up a guitar isn't a particularly difficult task and is worth learning if you have the time, not saying everyone has that much free time in their day. But apart from that i'm going to say don't get a refund, it's too late for that if you were aware of the problems and still walked out.

8. Purist

Purist The Pure

Looks cool! i also like the white knobs on that black guard.. $100 for a setup? thats absurd.....Get a refund...since u have to do all the work again..A tech who doesn't know how to work on trems? is that some kinda sick joke? most of the work done on a setup is around the bridge. its like takin ur car in for a tune up but the mechanic doesn't know fuck all about engines.Get ur cash back man. Sounds like hes not a real tech and apparently real techs charge half that :lol: you shouldn't be hesitant to ask for a refund, he wasn't hesitant to take ur cash when he knew he didn't do a complete setup. Just my :2c:

9. CrushingAnvil

CrushingAnvil \m not jesus land m/

LOL @ 'tech'.

10. Mattmc74

Mattmc74 SS Contributor

:agreed: :yesway:

11. Koshchei

Koshchei Banned

I like the original look better, but it definitely captures that Ritchie Blackmore look :)

Get your money back - if the guy didn't set your guitar up, he didn't earn the $100 you paid him.

12. reptillion

I know, its pathetic. The guy is an old blues guy with a les paul and stuff. He said he doesnt believe in Floyds and says that a tremol-no makes it worse :lol:. I trusted him because my the neck on my sg had some problems and he fixed it up good. As far as getting the money back, I've talked it over with my dad, and because he does business with my dad, my dad says we'll just eat the cost. :wallbash:

As far as absurd for the cost, the local shop I know charges 85 for a floyd, 95 for a 7 string, but I've played a uv7bk at their shop, i know they do good work. I guess the D.C. area is expensive, as I've heard its about 50 for a floyd.

I'm going to wait and see if my teacher can fix it up for me, but if that doesnt work out, anyone in the D.C./northern virginia area good with floyds?

Also, the pyramids add so much to the look with the white pickups and knobs :yesway:

13. Rayne Mann

Rayne Mann SS.org Regular

Man for that price I glued the headstock back on a kid's SG, THEN did a really nice setup (lowered the action, fret dress and polish, bridge intonation), and most importantly, DID IT RIGHT! I would avoid doing future business with this guy, regardless of whether or not your dad continues to. Here's to the people that give guitar techs a bad name! :fawk:

14. reptillion

yah man, imma get someone to show me how, probably my teacher, then i'm good to go. But im not gunna go and ask for my money back...

15. mattofvengeance

mattofvengeance Team Ibanez

I dig the look, dude. I plan on getting a pwh myself someday, and I think I just may do that! :yesway:

16. Fred

Fred SS.org Regular

Looks cool man! As much as that sucks, I understand your predicament about getting money back - had a very similar experience with getting fucked for £125 by some bike repairers. Not cool. Still, learning to set stuff up yourself is seriously basic and seriously rewarding stuff! Not to mention you can then do what I do for some of my mates and fix their guitars up for the price of a couple of pints. Extra experience plus extra booze money!

17. TheSixthWheel

TheSixthWheel bangetzit

As others have said - Anyone who claims to be a 'tech' and doesn't know how to adjust a floyd rose trem really is in no way a tech. That's called 'only being able to adjust fixed bridge guitars', whereas the term 'tech' indicates they know how to adjust different types of guitar bridges. And a huge :lol: goes out to anyone who suggests a Tremol-no is going to make things worse.

Also, Holy shit...Those prices you're quoting are ridiculously expensive. Even in $80 or $90 Australian dollars, that's still very expensive for a setup.

Goddamn dude, learn how to do it yourself. Have some fun learning a skill and save some $$$ in the process.

18. Apophis

Apophis Banned

looks awesome :agreed: