Using Metal Foundry?

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by isaacbean, Jun 1, 2012.

1. isaacbean

isaacbean SS.org Regular

I recently got The Metal Foundry, an expansion pack for Superior Drummer 2.0. I honestly have no clue how to start using it. I kinda figured that once I installed the disks, it would automatically apply itself to superior drummer, but that's not the case. Any tips? Thanks!

Xiphos68 likes this.
  2. Xiphos68

Xiphos68 SS.org Regular

To open it: You click on Drum Superior 2 to open with "solo." Then when the drum screen (drum kit) pops up, you click on the little tab that says "N.Y. - Avatar" and then select Metal Foundry, then Metal Foundry will be there, and you can do whatever on that page.

Also if you if you click "Load/Save" under the tab of Combined Preset, you can find presets inspired or done by other artists and people of Toontrack, some great stuff on there!

But good luck to you, it's an awesome program! So many options to choose from and edit!

God Bless, Xiphos68

EDIT: Also, I don't have much exp. with the program, so I'd love to hear some stuff from other guys as well, on how to use the program and what not.

3. isaacbean

isaacbean SS.org Regular

Sorry, I'm quite the noob when it comes to Superior Drummer lol. Where is the "N.Y. - Avatar" tab located?

4. asilayamazing

asilayamazing SS.org Regular

[​IMG]
    ABOVE THE KICK DRUM ^^^
    in the top middle here where it says "the metal foundry" by default superior loads the "n.y. avatar kit" u click on that and if its installed correctly then have a drop down option for TMF

5. isaacbean

isaacbean SS.org Regular

Hmmm... I think I might have installed the Foundry incorrectly. Is it automatically supposed to appear within Superior Drummer? I can't find any trace of it being on my computer actually. Maybe I should reinstall it?

6. Larcher

Larcher fpoon Contributor

made a video couple months ago for noobies in this regard!

7. The Uncreator

The Uncreator Control The Sun

Make sure it installed into the same directory as your toontracks superior drummer. If you changed the folder name or anything it wont show up.

8. isaacbean

isaacbean SS.org Regular

Okay yeah it's in C:/program files (x86)/Toontrack/Superior/Superior Drummer 2.0. I know that's the right spot. Am I missing something? I feel like it should work but I can't seem to be able to find Metal Foundry within the actual program of SD 2.0.

9. Santuzzo

Santuzzo SS.org Regular

Try the Toontrack support forum, they are very quick in response and they have helped me out several times! :yesway: