UPGRAYDD!!! EZ-drum to SD 2.0

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by Ill-Gotten James, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Ill-Gotten James

Ill-Gotten James SS.org Regular

With two D's, for a double dose of death to your hearing... :hbang:

So a few months ago I began learning how to program drums with EZ drummer. I don't really use the preset fills and rhythms, but mostly just use the drum tones, individually placing hits as I create my mix.

I saw in another recent post that SD 2.0, with metal foundry, is being sold on Amazon for a decently low price, which reminded me that I saw the same deal a few weeks ago, but did not pull the trigger. I'm satisfied currently using EZ drummer, but I also have trouble resisting a good deal.

For those who have used EZ drummer and have upgraded to SD 2.0, has it made that much of a difference in your mixes? It seems like a great program from what I have read, but I also understand that it is more complex than EZ Drummer.

Also, I have done a brief search to try and answer my question on my own, but if there already is a thread started that has my question, please direct me to it. Just to clear anything up. I did read the SD 2.0 Q&A's thread, so please do not direct me to that thread. Answer was not found there.

Thank you

thedrummerkid likes this.
  2. pattonfreak1

pattonfreak1 Bored Member

I'll take that ezdrummer of yer hands for ya :D