Unpopular opinions

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by icos211, Feb 10, 2015.

1. TheStig1214

TheStig1214 Mr. Tophat Jones

I just hate how zebrawood doesn't really look good dyed any color. To me, at least.

I will admit to having a love affair with the looks of a fastback Mustang, but the anemic engine makes it stupid.

2. Eliguy666

Eliguy666 V's are Just Better

Guess it's a personal thing, it does have an odd grain texture.
    And yeah, the fastback Mustangs were great, especially 71-73. I think that the reason that the engines were so underpowered-per-displacement was to make it so people could set them up however they wanted, it's pretty easy to get 600+ horsepower out of a 351 without too much pain.

3. will_shred

will_shred not that good.

I think metal shows are boring unless i'm playing them. I usually get really tired from standing around, being under 21, and not having many friends. Plus I would rather spend $10 on an album than on a door fee.

If you can't pass a basic test of the workings of the US government, you shouldn't be able to vote. Understand what the different parts of government are, how they work, and what power is assigned to where. If you can't name those basic things, I don't think you should be allowed to elect our leaders.

4. Hollowway

Hollowway Extended Ranger

+1. I'm a HUGE fan of Cepheus passives. I even bought a set specifically for use in my hollowbody Shad Peters 8 string. (Which, unfortunately got halted when his shop burned down).

5. Church2224

Church2224 Guitar Whore

I am just going to write what I know comes into my head.

- EMGs can sound incredible when dialed in right
    - Headless guitars are very over rated. I played a Steinberger and did not get the deal with it. I think the fad is just another excuse for people to get more guitars.
    - Carvins may look good but their quality is nothing to brag about and quite frankly is embarrassing. Didn't ELQ get one with a chewed up fretboard and other defects on one or more of them? The two I owned had issues as well.
    - Schecter USA Makes some of the best damn guitars out their right now. While not revolutionary or new, they are built extremely well for the price and I find it amazing Schecter can make such great high end guitars after only two years of revamping and expanding their custom shop to great lengths.
    - I love America
    - I am very Conservative and Christian, which is why I never go into the P & CE Section
    - Capitalism is awesome and one day I hope to be a very rich man living in a big house making over $1 million a year. I often look at those who do make good earnings as inspirations. This is coming from a guy whose family has a history of being poor/ working class. I do find it weird as I do not need much in life, just some nice guitars, two good trucks for work and play, a dog, a good woman and a family. For me it is more of the goal, challenge and pride.
    - Sex outside of love is immoral. Sex should be between two people who love each other. Note I said love, not marriage, and I said people, not man or woman or man and man, woman and woman ect., as long as it is between two adults who LOVE each other. There are too many people banging every thing that moves and make their lives all about that. And yet we wonder why people have STDs and many families, especially the kids, go through so much trouble. People are human beings, not objects for you to get off to. Get a hobby or an actual relationship instead, make life worthwhile.
    - I will take a Ford or Chevy pickup truck or sports car any day of the week over most vehicles out there. F Series trucks and Silverados can be ran into the ground and still keep on going, and Mustangs, Corvettes and Camaros as sexy. I will take a damn Toro or John Deere riding mower over most of these luxury or fancy imports.
    - Too many people buy too many cheaper guitars instead of saving their money for better, higher end equivalents.
    - "Clear alcohol is for rich women on diets" - Ron Swanson
    - I will take a strat, super strat or tele over anything else. If it is not broke, do not fix it and those guitars still rule to this day. They work, look great and are practical. Having played what people call "Superior" get over it, there is nothing that great about some of the 'new and improved" designs guys like Parker, Strandberg, ect have come out with in recent times. Just because it looks good on paper does not mean it is that great
    - I will never tire of shredding or fast guitars solos
    - The small lutheir and company love craze needs to stop, how many more Viks, BRJs, S7Gs, ect. are going to pop up and people get shafted? Plus what can they do quality wise the big guys cannot do ? The only one I found worth anything is Ron Thorn.
    -Guitar Center is not that bad and usually has decent service and will try to get you what you want. Many stores have knowledgeable staff too.

Bring on the hate!

6. Eliguy666

Out of curiosity, what's your opinion on love without sex?
    I've never really thought that the two ought to be the same thing, and I'm dating an asexual person right now.

7. Church2224

Church2224 Guitar Whore

That is a good question, as I really have never thought about it. I always thought first came love, then came sex as something people did who loved each other. But I think that love can exist without sex.

I can say this, having been with some one purely out of the fact I loved them, it was a beautiful thing. I was physically attracted to her, yes, but I rarely thought about having sex with her, instead I just wanted to spend time with her and make her happy. And it was a beautiful thing...

Sorry I cannot give the best answer, but that is all I have for now. I will think about it and come back to it.

8. Eliguy666

That's good with me. I feel like we disagree on plenty of things from your post, but it's pleasant to see an openness to introspection in somebody.

9. Black43

Black43 Hated Ibanezes once

-EMGs kick ass when you're using them live
    -Boss Metalzone sounds great, shoot me
    -Prestiges are overrated and wildly expensive for what they really are, give me a Premium or a before-prestige Ibby (a.k.a RG550) any day. Hell, even a Iron Label is more value for money.
    -Another man over here that prefers ass over tits. Not that tits are bad :lol:
    -Hipshots are the only good looking fixed bridge around, all the others look untidy and shit
    -Same goes for vintage trems. Unless it's a Babicz or Wilkinson, they just all look blocky and ugly
    -Nickelback's new album kicks a ton of ass. Edge of a Revolution is a fantastic song and I've never fallen in love with a song faster.

Well, now I'm done. Time to eject :lol:

10. Kullerbytta

Kullerbytta Newborn

- I dislike big tits.
    I much, much prefer smaller/petite natural tits to naturally big or implants.
    - I dislike the new Batman movies by Nolan and I think TDKR was the weakest most boring of them all while Batman Begins is my favorite out of the three.
    - Cradle of Filth is awesome 8) Edit: Was.

11. Chiba666

Chiba666 SS.org Regular

Ok here we go.

I prefer EMGs in my guitars, just as long as it is not an 81 in the bridge.
    I really like Burzum, dude may be an ass hat but he can write some great tunes.
    Anything described as Brutal I ignore, its not brutal is it, in fact its not heavy.
    I really love alot of the bands that came a few years ago inspried by the NWOBHM.
    Majority of Metalcore/Deathcore bands can't write a song to save their lives, enough of the breakdowns already.
    If Sepultura isnt Sepultura without Max or Igor then In Flames isnt In Flames without Jesper, simple.
    I really wish the US would stay out of World Affairs, you do more harm than good. Sort your own country out first.
    Israel you comitt warm crimes against civilians ona yearly basis, when will the world see this.
    Since when was tuning down to B classed as not being low enough.
    Heavy is not relient on tuning low and palm muting a song to death.
    D Standard is the tuning to rule all tuning, followed by E Standard and then C Standard.

12. Sumsar

Sumsar SS.org Regular

With an income tax of about 50% (or actually it is income dependent, for the first x amount you earn you pay 39% then for the next amount about 50% and then for more than that the tax is about 60%) money is taking from the rich and given to the poor in many ways. You get a very equal society: No really poor people, very few homeless and of cause both of those leads to very low amount of crime (so we don't have to spend a ton of money on fighting crime).
    Also free healtcare for everyone (for example I had cancer 9 years ago when I was 16, and it was just: Hello, here is the best treatment for your sickness that is avaivable today, 100% free of charge, no worries) (Try and tell that to Chuck Schuldiner, oh wait you let him die you silly bastards!)

Free education: again 100% free. At university level you actually get money for studying, but you have to pay for books. I am studying right now, and I don't have a job, I just live by the money I get for studying (I don't have any loans or anything).
    It insures that you can live the "american dream", that is, anybody, no matter if their parrents are rich or poor can get the best education money can buy, i.e. anyone can become something.

Of cause tax also pays for a lot of other stuff, but those are the best parts of it. And of cause once i finish my studies (this summer, MSc) I will be paying 50 - 60% tax for the rest of my life. Worth it? Totally!

So yeah 50% tax or higher please :fawk: :lol:

13. chassless

chassless Don'tDeserveMyGuitar

^ as well as infrastructure, public transport, and everything that comes with it. man that sounds like a dream.

the government in lebanon works in the worst way imaginable: it takes our money and buys itself private jets and stuff.

14. Sumsar

Sumsar SS.org Regular

- Metalcore sucks
    - Djent sucks (I know Djent is metalcore, but just for explicity)
    - The big 4 sucks (yes they did play some good music 30 years ago, but why in santa / satans name do they have to headline every festival you go to?)
    - newest wave of blackmetal inspired stuff sucks big time (Looking at you Deafhaven)

This however rocks :)

15. bostjan

bostjan MicroMetal Contributor

Although I disagree with many of your points, I dismiss those as harmless. This, however, caught my attention. It seems that you are informed on a very specific few instances and are ready not only to solidify a blanket opinion about a whole genre of something, but have taken an apologetic and pragmatic stance as such. There are tons of people on this forum, and also all over the world, who have had very pleasant experiences with small builders. Each builder has his or her own set of specialized skills. My eight string Oni was, at the time, something that no one else would have done. Not a single big builder would have taken on such a task, and I doubt even today that any would even try to come close. I would bet that you could not find a lighter electric solidbody guitar in existance today.

16. TheStig1214

TheStig1214 Mr. Tophat Jones

This. So much this. Though I like a petit girl overall. I'm 6'2" and both my exes were sub-5'3" lol.

17. Alice AKW

Alice AKW Wolf Ninja

As a transgender woman, I think radical feminism and the radical SJW types are the absolute worst things for both women and the LGBTQ communities.

18. TauSigmaNova

TauSigmaNova Guitarist Wannabe.

- Arch Enemy and Avenged Sevenfold are not bad bands (except for most of rise of the tyrant and some of khaos legions)

-I think Ibanez guitars lack options/variety for the most part and tend to look boring, although the S body shape is beautiful.

-Pickup rings are not a bad thing. Sure, I like the look of direct mount, but pickup rings aren't the end of the world and are not a deal breaker when buying a guitar

-The Floyd Rose is an amazing bridge system and isn't too hard to set up

-Marshalls work great for metal

-mayonnaise doesn't go well with a BLT

19. Sicarius

Sicarius Reggie J Worthington

90% of the things said in this thread are entitled drivel and you all should feel ashamed for the incredibly vapid things that've been said.

20. Mike

Mike The Traveler Contributor

I think half of these opinions aren't that unpopular..