Unpopular opinions

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by icos211, Feb 10, 2015.

1. dr_game0ver

dr_game0ver SS.org Regular

Heineken does that to peoples...

2. Science_Penguin

Science_Penguin SS.org Regular

The term "overrated" lost all meaning for me when I discovered music that, by the standards of average human ears, doesn't qualify as anything but atonal noise, yet, under the guise of "free-form artistic expression," or some shit, it still manages to find fans.

What do Sonic Youth do, write actual songs? Yeah I can see a good number of people getting behind that...

3. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

Never had any interest to listen to Sonic Youth, and probably never will.

r33per likes this.
  4. CrazyDean

CrazyDean SS.org Regular

Ever heard of "prepared piano"?

5. PunkBillCarson

PunkBillCarson SS.org Regular

I personally don't see how a band can be "overrated" when their name is hardly ever spoken/typed, or do I just exist in a reality where everyone else talks about them but me and I just happen to not be around when that happens?

6. bostjan

bostjan MicroMetal Contributor

I love weird-ass music. Honestly love it. I used to think that other people only didn't love it because they had not yet heard of it, so I had to share it with everyone. It took me a few years to realize that pretty much everyone hates weird music just as passionately as I love it. Oh well.

I have to laugh at all this talk about the Sonic Youth. Probably the most attention that band has received since the 1990's.

Like I'm going to come in here and say something about how Hansen was a shitty band when they were more popular but then they got better once people no longer cared. (I guess I just did :lol: ) Nothing wrong with that, but it just seems like an incredibly random thing to say.

7. PunkBillCarson

PunkBillCarson SS.org Regular

I guess what I listen to is deemed weird where I live, but not so much here. I'll be willing to bet that in the small hick-ass town I live in, I'm the only one who's heard of Alcest and Wolves in the Throne Room. Here, those two bands scratch the surface of what's really out there, or so I would assume. I'm also a fan of Greg Puciato's The Black Queen and Chino Moreno's Crosses side projects, so there's that also.