Unpopular opinions

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by icos211, Feb 10, 2015.

1. bostjan

bostjan MicroMetal Contributor

This is one thing that I think might make humanity special. I've never been much into the pursuit of hookups and the like, so I really truly think that physical attributes are only there to get your attention. I won't deny that physical attributes are a perfectly valid way to make a very first impression. But then, after a person has another person's attention, they generally have ten seconds to follow through. At no point in my life would I have preferred to spend time with a physically attractive person with whom I have nothing at all in common to a physically unattractive person with whom I can have stimulating discussion.

If I was a spider monkey, then I'd probably be good to go after seeing a butt that's the right shape, but as a human, the butt is like saying "hello..." and if the person attached to the butt has nothing to say after that, I would just go back to whatever I was doing. :lol:

Now that I'm married, I can say that while my wife has a great butt, I'm much more interested in her brain. Not what it looks like, obviously, but what it has to say and do. I would like to think that the same preference is true for most people, regardless of their gender or sexual identity or whatever, but sadly, I don't think it is true for everyone, and it's sad because I think those who see it that way are simply missing out.

High Plains Drifter likes this.
  2. Ebony

Ebony "The Sugarcoater"

I like women because I like sex. I don't believe in love, I don't believe in marriage or relationships in most forms, and if god forbid I'll ever want children I'll probably just end up donating sperm.

I also think the idea that sexual desire is some insignificant, minor detail is delusional. Physical attraction is the gatekeeper to personality-based relationships, not the other way around. The integrity, sincerity, fulfillment, trust and blah blah blah, all that good stuff comes later. I'm sure there are exceptions, but not anywhere near to the degree people claim.

3. marcwormjim

marcwormjim SS.org Regular

I like the cut of your jib: Are you looking forward more to the autoblow 3, or rather just biding time until humanoid sex robots are economically viable to import?

vilk and Ebony like this.
  4. Ebony

Ebony "The Sugarcoater"

Humanoid>Autoblow. Spare no expense. Or who knows, we may just end up using a future version of the 3d-printer and be done with it. Speaking of technology, do you think we'll still require intimacy (from a biological standpoint) by the time we develop all of this stuff?

5. marcwormjim

marcwormjim SS.org Regular

I suspect the amount of humans exhibiting oxytocin bond to non-humans (and inanimates, for that matter) demonstrates that that fix can be obtained independent of the fetishization of the nuclear family.

6. Ebony

Ebony "The Sugarcoater"

Hear, hear.

Another piece of evidence lies in the already widespread use of proxies to synthesize affection thru consumable media and such. Think TV-relationships, obsession with royal families, movies, literature, affiliates with families, online chatting etc. This has already proven an efficient course of action in keeping the less fortunate of the homo-genus satisfied, or at least satisfied enough to be imploding (cheap for the government) instead of exploding (expensive for the government).

7. dr_game0ver

dr_game0ver SS.org Regular

Seriously, what does it cost to peoples to be nice to each other?

odibrom likes this.
  8. Science_Penguin

Science_Penguin SS.org Regular

I dunno, some shit about free speech or something.

cwhitey2 and marcwormjim like this.
  9. Ebony

Ebony "The Sugarcoater"

To anyone who wants to get cute over this, I'm obviously talking within the context of romantic endeavors, not in general terms.

10. PunkBillCarson

PunkBillCarson SS.org Regular

I can tell you now that this is going to be an unpopular opinion, but I loved Justice League.

Mathemagician likes this.
  11. USMarine75

USMarine75 Doc McStuffins Contributor

Ah... so you're the one? lol

12. PunkBillCarson

If I'm the only one, so be it. I loved it.

13. USMarine75

Hey, I liked Starship Troopers 2 AND 3 lol... we all have our viewing fetishes.

14. PunkBillCarson

You know, I never did see Starship 2 and 3. I saw one and I liked it pretty good.

15. USMarine75

Me and the wife had a huge B-movie DVD collection going in the early 2000s. We lived in the middle of nowhere AZ but they had a Hastings store that sold DVDs for 3 for $15 if they were older or B movies, and newer used ones 3 for $21. So that became our thing, buying 6-9 movies a week lol. And we had a particular fetish for finding good B movies. Among our favorites are those, The Skulls 2 and Cruel Intentions 2 (starring a young Amy Adams).

bostjan likes this.
  16. PunkBillCarson

I got a lot of my movies from Hastings as well, also Game Xchange. Half of my collection came from various deals. I've got some pretty shitty found footage movies and some superhero movies that people hate. I don't have a very high standard when it comes to movies. When I watch a movie, I'm not trying to nitpick everything. If I jive with a movie, I jive with it, simple as that. The Bell Witch Haunting has a VERY low score on IMDB, but I loved it. Am I weird, I'm weird.

USMarine75 likes this.
  17. Seybsnilksz

Seybsnilksz SS.org Regular

It's extremely rare that I feel like watching a movie.

cwhitey2 and xzacx like this.
  18. bostjan

bostjan MicroMetal Contributor

Same here, but when I was single in the 1990's, and B-Movies had just started coming out on DVD. Some of the movies I bought cost me $50 for one movie, but others I obtained in packs, which cost me $15 for umpteen+ movies, but usually there would only be one decent one in the mix, and the rest almost unwatchable.

I developed quite the taste for terrible movies: The Head That Wouldn't Die, Motel Hell, Basketcase, The Stuff, Class of Nuke 'Em High, Evil Dead, Master with Cracked Fingers, The Beyond (Gates of Hell 2), or The _____ of the Living Dead __ were all films I'd watch more than once. I just though that the flawed film production makes the characters and the story more fantastical. :lol: Anyway, I'd rather watch a $30000 movie no one has seen that sucks than a $300 million dollar movie everyone has seen that sucks. :shrug:

Rosal76 likes this.
  19. vilk

vilk Very Regular

20. odibrom

odibrom .

Has any of you attended this or will attend the next conference? You know, just for the laughs?

Edit, tickets were/are expensive, ranging from 100 to 200$...