Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by icos211, Feb 10, 2015.
I'm often bored at metal shows.
The seven string Crunchlab sounds mushy as hell on bottom and the D-Activator 8 just sounds terrible.
-EMGs aren't the end of the world.
-The D-Activator is overrated and sounds nothing like an active pickup. EDIT: Thanks, asher, for reminding me about the overrated Crunch Lab.
-Clawfinger and Stuck Mojo are the best rap metal bands, and are actually pretty damn good.
-6505+/6534+ > 6505
-The Floyd Rose (or any double-locking bridge) is the greatest bridge system ever, and the Tune O Matic isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be.
-22 frets > 24 frets
-Spalted and burl maple looks like crap. Flamed maple is where it's at
-On top of that, solid finishes are better than trans finishes.
-The Marshall JVM is the greatest Marshall ever made. I'd take it over a stock JCM800 + OD pedal.
-Diezel amps are overrated.
-Devin Towsend + Mesa > Devin + Axe FX or Peavey
-Dino Cazares' tone on Obsolete sounds like crap
-Endgame was Megadeth's best record.
-On top of that, Megadeth's tone on Rust in Peace is pretty bad. Thin as paper.
-Contradictions, DEI, and Chaosphere are Meshuggah's best albums. In that order from best to "worst"
-Van Halen's recent album is actually pretty damn good, and probably the best album they released since Fair Warning
-In Chaimaira, Rob Arnold + Matt DeVries >>>>>>>> Emil Werstler + Matt Szlachta
-Feared (Ola Englund's band) is a damn good band
-People who claim guitarists "have no feel" are pissed that said guitarist is more talented and skilled than their favorite player
-Middle pickups are awesome, especially for cleans and crunch tones
And thanks in turn for reminding to say that ToMs are just fine and perfectly comfortable
... on a carved or arch top. I had a KE-7 with one and it felt hard to get a good spot to rest my hand from the flat top and neck angle.
Or it was just that guitar.
I don't like Meshuggah's tone. (except for on the single F string.) The rest of it is too shrill, hot, dark, and sluggish. I don't care how much sense that does or doesn't make.
Attila's vocals detract from Sunn O)))'s music. I like Attila, but he shouldn't be on so many Sunn O))) recordings. I could have dealt with like, one album feat. Attila.
The vast majority of people who have pets should not be keeping them. It'd be better to let them go into the wild and die like they're supposed to, unless it's a functioning member of the family (as very few pets are).
Women shouldn't wear makeup or shave... or at least it shouldn't be the standard.
Women with blonde hair, blue eyes, and large breasts are not attractive.
Facebook is a freakshow. The manner in which people post updates about your life into a public forum in hopes of grabbing attention is really unnerving to me. Every one of them that I read, even the modest ones, come across as desperate. I also feel like it has affected how much everyone is expecting people to pay attention to them, and the last few times I've met new people I felt like every time they opened their mouth they were making a facebook status update. Actually, maybe this opinion isn't so unpopular
There should be a salary cap. Full on salary cap. No one in this country making more than 1 million. Or how about a net worth cap? I dunno what the number for that would be I think it'd be aight. I think that people need to restructure our ideas of ownership/possession of property and it's relation to success/happiness/propriety. I would hope that someday in the future we look at a person with so much more stuff than he needs in a similar fashion to how we view obese people who eat so much more stuff than they need.
I'm ever so eager to discuss this if you would like.
there are some seriously bad opinions itt
1. I think that all of the social programs in the USA, like Social Security, Medicare, etc., are likely to spell disaster for the USA as a country, due to the fact that the country was built upon the foundations of economic and social freedoms. These programs may well work in Europe, because the general population has a set of ideals and a culture that is nothing like that of the USA, but even Europe faces problems with these programs as large numbers of outsiders immigrate into the area. The USA, as a population of transplants and descendants of transplants, has a culture that lends itself more easily to lethargy and stagnation without the proper capitalistic motivators to breed innovation and hard work ethics. This culture combined with these social programs leads to the perceived "entitlement" culture that could potentially ruin the economy. But that's just my opinion.
2. Online piracy is the same as stealing. People pirating stuff online are essentailly shoplifting from multimedia distributors. If you would like to see the destruction of such corporations, that would not necessarily be a "bad thing," but it would be analogous to protesting Walmart's corporate excise by going there and shoplifting pockets full of blurays and XBOX games. But that's merely an opinion.
3. There is no good and no evil, in any grand sense, nor any such thing as "Karma" enforced by any supernatural means; merely that which has immediate consequences, and that which has long term consequences. If a person commits acts that transgress society's code of morals, that person will likely be punished as the truth will likely come out; however, many people who have not trangressed the same code of morals will likely suffer in the process of the cover-up - and the punishment of the innocent based on false pretenses, although equally indicative of the lack of justice in the society's system, will never garner nearly as much attension as the inverse example of a guilty party getting away with a transgression. That, in my opinion, is why there is simply no higher good and evil. But that does not justify acting like a jerk in any way.
4. The Planet Waves Strobe on String tuner was the greatest invention for the gigging musician since the peg winder. I am very sad that it was discontinued. But that was merely my opinion.
5. Everyone should be allowed to have his or her own opinion. This is inclusive of one person's opinion being that another person's opinion is stupid. Having an opinion does not mean that voicing that opinion is appropriate. People who voice a lot of opinions publicly should understand that people who disagree with said opinions will likely react harshly. For example, it's okay to think that the Earth is flat; yet if you express this opinion unsolicited, to your coworkers, and you get fired from your job for being an idiot, that's still on you. But that's just my opinion.
Generic alternative music
Black guitars are terrible and I refuse to ever own one
i own several and wish they were blacker...
...blacker than the blackest black X infinity!
This thread brought to you by removing the rep system. Thank you, AllFather Odin.
The lack of these types of threads has nothing to do with the existence or in-existence of rep and everything to do with the arguments they insight.
I have to say (and maybe this qualifies my post as fitting the criteria of this thread), these 'I am a unique snowflake' type threads, where you're allowed to stick your fingers in your ears and shout your unpopular opinions to the world, free from the expectation of criticism, are bullshit. If you've got a backbone, you offer your opinions and stand for something when it matters. Proclaiming them in an empty chamber is meaningless.
Boss metal zone > axe fx
EDIT: There's a ton of hate from post-grunge bands that usually deserve it (Creed, Nickelback, Crossfade, Puddle of Mudd, etc.), but there's quite a few bands out there that nail the genre, IMO. For example, Breaking Benjamin, Evans Blue, Alter Bridge, 10 Years, and Chevelle.
Even if their hair doesn't cover their neck, though.
- I think pixie cuts are sexy (I kinda like the idea of having longer and more fabulous hair than my gf )
- I think men should be allowed to grow their beard as they wish without being ostracized by women and their employers. And men who don't want to grow their beard should be allowed to do so without being called unmanly.
- I like headless guitars (the new Carvin Vader series are pure sex)
- I think bass should have a more prominent role in metal
- I prefer tits over ass (lately this seems to be the unpopular opinion). My preference, however, would be a little bit of both rather than either end of the spectrum.
- The sexiest thing in a woman is her smile
- While I understand it was never heard of when they started out, I find the Beatles' music kind of boring
- People bragging about how much alcohol they drank are full of shit 100% of the time. Divide by two and you'll get a closer estimate of how much they actually had.