Unpopular opinions

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by icos211, Feb 10, 2015.

1. icos211

icos211 Schecter faithful

This has to have been done before.

But, if it hasn't, and since there is no more chance of being negged, what do you have to say that would rustle the hell out of your fellow SSOer's jimmies?

No personal attacks, no flame wars, in fact no discussion. Just your most unpopular opinion. I'll start:

Rings of Saturn's Lugal Ki En has been playing on my Pandora station lately. I think it ....ing rocks.

Your turn.

TheHandOfStone, asher and Don Vito like this.
  2. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

inb4: edgier than bismuth

3. Explorer

Explorer He seldomly knows...

Formerly from Cucaramacatacatirimilcote...
    A lot of the claims about scale lengths, tension and inharmonicity aren't from accurate calculation or from experience, but instead from people just repeating what they're heard as "common wisdom."

4. Jmat

Jmat SS.org Regular

Lugal Ki En rules

5. Noxon

Noxon Is a Lurker

I find most AAL songs unlistenable and weird for weirdness sake, pretentious. :shrug:

Velokki likes this.
  6. piggins411

piggins411 SS.org Regular

^ I think that some of their songs are great, and others are just a clusterfvck

7. MoshJosh

MoshJosh SS.org Regular

Not super unpopular, but 24.75 is where its at!

8. Jake

Jake GAS Master Contributor

As a guy with 3 24.75" guitars right now this man knows whats up :lol:

9. Metaldestroyerdennis

Metaldestroyerdennis Heavens Football Bat

Generic alternative music kicks all sort of ass

Yes I am an adult and not a 12-year old trying to cope with pimples and girls

10. BornToLooze

BornToLooze SS.org Regular

Out of all the 7s I've played my Les Paul standard in B standard was brutaler than all of them.

11. Eliguy666

Eliguy666 V's are Just Better

-Mahogany SUCKS. Looks boring, takes plenty of filler, its color is gross and pink, it sounds bad, and it smells awful.
    -I feel F#1 needs at least 32" of scale to sound right.
    -The 5150 sound is too undefined, generic, and fizzy.
    -Dream Theater bores me.
    -The super-strat shape is ridiculously used, especially considering that it's no longer among the more practical of designs.
    -Thicker necks are more comfortable.
    -All fourths tuning is significantly more pleasant to play on.
    -Natural finish is almost always better than staining or solid color.
    -Macassar ebony is the ideal neck wood, with rosewoods (including some things relatively unrelated, like bubinga (african rosewood) and african blackwood) and maples following.
    -Meshuggah is pretty good, but inspired a lot of really mediocre bands.
    -Gold hardware is usually ugly.
    -Hypermasculinity is incredibly unattractive.
    -Americans' ideas on guns are largely affected by dehumanization of criminals and faulty logic.
    -Furries put up with far too much nonsense. Even if they creep you out, they don't deserve the kind of stuff they face.
    -People complaining about "political correctness police" are usually kinda bigoted, but don't realize it.
    -Feminism is good, especially for the male or nonbinary.
    -Synyster Gates' proficiency matters little in light of the boring, boring nature of his songwriting.
    -Any amount of strings is good if the guitar handles their tones well. (E2: 24" preferable. B1: 27" preferable. F#1: 32" preferable.)
    -Misha seems like a chill enough guy, but I just really don't share his taste.
    -Amon Amarth are great, but at the same time more difficult to enjoy because they've gained a thoroughly non-death-metal following.

Strobe and JohnIce like this.
  12. Leuchty

Leuchty Previously CYBERSYN

Line 6 RULEZ!

13. AliceLG

AliceLG \m/^_^\m/

Being a highly-opinionated agnostic liberal this one always comes as a shock to most of my friends: I am (mostly) pro-life. You won't see me picketing at an abortion clinic, but I don't support it either. A planned adoption strikes me as the best choice in almost all cases, except if the mother's life is in extreme danger due to childbirth.

14. Sumsar

Sumsar SS.org Regular

Periphery and Dream Theater are groups of pretty talented guys who plays the most boring music known to man! ( except James LaBrie of cause, he has no talent and no voice, but people usually agree on this so that is not an unpopular opinion :lol: )

An income tax of 50% is awesome and I wouldn't mind if it was higher.

Carvin guitars in general look bad / boring.

The deepest strings on a guitar should not be super thick (bassstrings) 9 - 54 for a sevenstring is great :)

15. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

Hey, how about this. I'm a pro-life Christian, but pro-choice too. Who am I to tell someone not to turn their growing fetus into a protein shake and vacuum it out with a shopvac. [I'm actually blissfully ignorant of what they do during an abortion, thankfully. I'm just trying to be obnoxious; forgive me.]

I agree with the rest also. Well, as an alternative to abortion. But preferably, in a perfect world, the parents would love each other and planned for the little shit. Unfortunately, that's rarely the case and the saddest part 98% of the time.

16. kamello

kamello DESU METARU!

not completely agreed, but props to you for actually don't being a dick about it :yesway:

on topic, I found the post I made a few years ago regarding the same topics, it's kinda fun how some of those opinions have changed

the ones in bold are my current changes certain the topic, and maybe I'll add a few...

-I like Gibson and Fender (unpopular on this forum ) I NEED A FVCKING TELE, I played a lot with a Squier Standart last year and man, definitely one of the best guitars I've played for the price :yesway:
    -I like handful of Djent bands
    -I prefer TesseracT, Skyharbor, Sithu Aye, Corelia and Haunted Shores over Periphery add Uneven Structure to the list, dem feels
    -I liked Star Wars EP 3, although I recognize some dialogs are terrible, and I ....ing hate Hayden Christenerhedmnrh man, they are really fvcking terrible
    -I just can't get into Meshuggah still no dice
    -I don't like Soccer (consider that I live in a latin country) the world cup was awesome
    -I like Starbucks (although there are far better chain Caf├ęs), those prices though, those ....ing prices! the hell I was thinking
    -I prefer 6 strings over 7, but I would love the range and to play some covers on a 7 finally got a good quality 7 string and Im loving it, still though, I prefer sixers
    -I like the Beatles, but I hate how some people put them in the highest pedestal on earth
    -Speaking about Beatles, Queen and Pink Floyd are way, waaaay better Queen is the best band evah
    -I dig Breaking Benjamin and Disturbed now add Lostprophets and Korn to the lists of Nu-Metal bands I enjoy
    -I think that almost any political ideology could work if aplied by a non-corrupt goverment Im a little more restricted here now
    -Don't find the interesting thing in Marihuana, smoked 3 times, the last one lots of it, and nothing happened smoked a lot last year, it's fun :D
    -big tits? give me a wide hip and ass instead
    -I like women with short hair (but not the point of not covering the neck)
    -Can't stand Wine or Vodka aaaaaand now I love rum
    -I prefer Shirts over T-Shirts
    -prefer clean vocals over screams in most metal (with lots of notably exceptions though)
    -Im happy with my gear
    -I really like some deans (no ML or Razorbacks though, kill em' with fire)
    -fvck Mayo, Ketchup and Mustard, BBQ Wins

new ones:

-. BKP's are overrated, I say it as a BKP owner. They are indeed, really good pickups, but god, people here treat 'em like they are the holy-grail of tone
    -. I think there are luthiers doing far more interesting and awesome stuff than Blackmachine
    -. The Dimarzio D-Activator sucks
    -. Rammstein is awesome
    -. Marshall or VOX pushed clean tone over Roland JC or Fender cristal-clear tone
    -. I don't give a fvck about guitar specs as long the guitar Im playing gels well with me and looks half-good
    -. I like Visual-Kei aesthetic, can't explain it, I just know I would play in one of those bands If I was asian :lol: (I think non-asians look ridiculous dressed up like that though), maybe I been listening to way too much DELUHI lately...
    -. I hate elitists musicians who can't stand being in a party listening to EDM or some other popular stuff (there are limits, though, Nicky Minaj for example :ugh: )
    -. Post Hardcore (as Fall of Troy, Stolas, Dance Gavin Dance, Glassjaw) is awesome

17. SeditiousDissent

SeditiousDissent i drove bus

Ok... (takes Ace Ventura-style deep breath)

- Red is the best color option for a guitar.

- Black metal flat out sucks. It all sounds the same, and those dudes take themselves entirely too serious.

- Blackmachines are ugly. I cannot, for the life of me, understand why people would pay such exorbitant prices for such a boring guitar.

- Metallica's tone had never, nor will ever, sound as good as it did on Load and ReLoad.

- Whenever I see "kvlt" or "br00tz" used in a serious manner, I want to punch a kitten. I cannot stand that bullshit.

- Still Life is much better than Blackwater Park.

- I want all of the EMGs in all of my guitars.

- I know all the lyrics to Rollin'...Don't act like you don't know them, too.

- Bands from the 70's and 80's put on much better shows than any band today.

- A good singer is vastly more important than a good guitarist.

- In and Out Burgers are disgusting.

- The P&CE section should be renamed "SSO Anti-Religion Circle Jerk."

- Shredding is becoming too overused. Not every fvcking song needs a solo.

- 95% of the audience gives no shit about your tone or through what kind of gear you play. Rigs are just massive pissing contests between guitar nerds.

18. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

Dunno why I addressed every point, but whatever. :lol:

19. M3CHK1LLA

M3CHK1LLA angel sword guardian

these options need to be one per post so I can like the ones I agree with and neg the ones I...

...oh wait!

20. chassless

chassless Don'tDeserveMyGuitar

Unpopular opinions...

Music/playing related:

i really care very little for Iron Maiden, Dio, Motorhead or so much of the classic metal bands (or most pre-1995 bands). that's mostly a reaction to all the metal scene in my country where everybody is stuck in the past, and teenagers today adore Slayer as if Reign in Blood was released last year.

i also care little for Pink Floyd. they might be geniuses, and in all fairness i don't know all of their discography, but the fact that next to none of their music has stuck with me in the past 10 years since i found out about them speaks much.

i hate blues purists. the "that's not real music. there's no 'feel'. here, constrain yourself to five notes and learn some real music" kind.

i find flat top guitars are wholly undesirable, for some obscure reason. it has to do with playing comfort and a preconception that archtop = quality. i don't know how unpopular of an opinion that is, but on this forum it seems to me that it is.

people who play cleans exclusively on the bridge humbucker position make me cringe. it's like neglecting the neck position is a thing. split/single coil are ok though.

i'm stopping here before i start talking about other stuff that make me cringe since it's not in the opinion territory anymore :lol:

general stuff:

i much prefer my Nokia 105 over any smartphone right now. i've had smartphones for the last 2 years and all they did was bring frustration to my life. it costed me 20$ and the battery lasts for 9 days. get on with your times, Apple/Samsung/whatever.

i find legs are by far the most attractive parts of the female body. i just think that a woman with big boobs can be completely unattractive and unfeminine, while a woman with shapely legs and an elegant walk just can't. not that the rest of the body isn't any attractive to me though: the back of the shoulders are a close second.

I've been to Amsterdam 3 times already and smoked up only once. travelling for the sole purpose of smoking up is a very, very silly, especially in such a place where there's so much to see and to do.

Unpopular opinions...

Music/playing related:

i really care very little for Iron Maiden, Dio, Motorhead or so much of the classic metal bands (or most pre-1995 bands). that's mostly a reaction to all the metal scene in my country where everybody is stuck in the past, and teenagers today adore Slayer as if Reign in Blood was released last year.

i also care little for Pink Floyd. they might be geniuses, and in all fairness i don't know all of their discography, but the fact that next to none of their music has stuck with me in the past 10 years since i found out about them speaks much.

i hate blues purists. the "that's not real music. there's no 'feel'. here, constrain yourself to five notes and learn some real music" kind.

i find flat top guitars are wholly undesirable, for some obscure reason. it has to do with playing comfort and a preconception that archtop = quality. i don't know how unpopular of an opinion that is, but on this forum it seems to me that it is.

people who play cleans exclusively on the bridge humbucker position make me cringe. it's like neglecting the neck position is a thing. split/single coil are ok though.

i'm stopping here before i start talking about other stuff that make me cringe since it's not in the opinion territory anymore :lol:

general stuff:

i much prefer my Nokia 105 over any smartphone right now. i've had smartphones for the last 2 years and all they did was bring frustration to my life. it costed me 20$ and the battery lasts for 9 days. get on with your times, Apple/Samsung/whatever.

i find legs are by far the most attractive parts of the female body. i just think that a woman with big boobs can be completely unattractive and unfeminine, while a woman with shapely legs and an elegant walk just can't. not that the rest of the body isn't any attractive to me though: the back of the shoulders are a close second.

I've been to Amsterdam 3 times already and smoked up only once. travelling for the sole purpose of smoking up is a very, very silly, especially in such a place where there's so much to see and to do.

what's that?

how come?