Union City, TN-Murray, KY

Discussion in 'Musician Classifieds' started by highlordmugfug, Jul 9, 2010.

1. highlordmugfug

highlordmugfug themuthaphukkindeath

Going to be staying in Union City, Tennessee while going to college in Murray starting next month. Looking for people for either a live band, or just doing recordings. I have a ton of different ideas I'm interested in so anyone who these sound good to, hit me up!
    -Tech Death
    -Doom/stoner metal/rock
    -Alternative/grungy type stuff
    -Experimental stuff ala Sleepytime Gorilla Museum/Idiot Flesh
    -Indie-esque
    -Grindcore (Pig Destroyer, Agoraphobic Nosebleed, The Red Chord as references)

I play a seven string RG7621 with a lundgren M7 in the bridge in Bb standard as my main guitar but I have other sixes that I keep in various tunings. Anyone close by to either of these places and interested in any of the types of music listed above, SPEAK UP! :)

Guitarists, bassists, drummers, drum programmers, anyone who plays any type of instrument is someone I am interested in talking to. Vocalists also.

2. highlordmugfug

Music makers, let us get together and jam.
    :bump:

3. highlordmugfug

4. jymellis

jymellis Talk To DeWalt

murray kentucky? good luck with that one bro. my brother in law lived there for all of a month and a half. said it was full of frat kids :(

5. highlordmugfug

Poo. Well, I'll actually be living in Union City. It isn't full of anything :lol:. So I'm kind of screwed on both counts, but you know, I'll be there, so there's a chance someone else will be too. There's got to be a better way to explain that. Poopy town, but has one musician guy, so maybe, has more musician guys.

Yeaahhhh.

6. jymellis

jymellis Talk To DeWalt

i am in cinci if you ever wanna come up and jam:shred:

7. highlordmugfug

You'll be about 6 hours away. But hell, sure. :D It be cool to get together sometime. Was it you who was talking about wanting to do something akin to The Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza?

8. jymellis

jymellis Talk To DeWalt

im the guy talkin about doing fooking anything lol.

9. highlordmugfug

:lol: Sounds good. If you're into Primus or Gogol bordello, I'm going to be in Columbus August 5 to see them. Tickets are only like 45 bucks after fees and whatnot.

10. BigPhi84

BigPhi84 Pronounced "FEE"

LOL @ Mr. Ellis about the Frat kids. I was about to comment about how my old University band director, Mr. Johnson, went to Murray State University 35-40 years ago. I bring that up b/c he joined Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia while he attended Murray State (Gamma Delta Chapter for my frat bros that are interested). The stories that he tells us are classic. Two years before he pledged, "Animal House" came out, so sure enough, most of his stories are about hazing. Nationally, we don't haze anymore, but his stories bring out a sense of "The good ole days". Don't get me wrong, is someone paddled me, I'd kick their ass and shove that paddle right up where the sun don't shine! It just make me wonder if those guys back then appreciated things more than we do today. Oh well, I rant. Please, excuse me. :nuts::lol::lol::lol:

11. jymellis

jymellis Talk To DeWalt

its not that there is anything wrong with people being in a frat. but my brother is a metal head. he has alot of tats, and shit. he said he stuck out like a sore thumb and couldnt find anybody "cool" to hang out with or talk to. thats actually why he moved back. his girlfriend was telling him how awesome it was there (she had visited before) and talked him into moving. well yeah its cool if your a girl cuz theres all kinds of college guys and girls there. and she likes the hip-hop-rap-dance stuff so she got along great there.

12. highlordmugfug

Anyone that's even near Murray, KY or Union City, TN.

Come on guys, let's jam!

13. highlordmugfug

Anybody? What if I say please? :lol:

14. highlordmugfug

Really really old BUMP because I still have absolutely no one that I can play with that I know of in either town.
    So...
    BUMP

15. highlordmugfug

Necrobumpo. I still need people close by to jam with.

Come on people who live close to me that totally exist :D let's make something happen!

16. SHASTY

SHASTY THE WAR OF 1812

Hey man, I know where that is. I'm from southeastern Illinois, about 4 hours north of you, but my bands vocalist is from Paducah. I think that's about an hour away. I don't know you're transportation situation, but seeing that you go to Murray and that's about an hour from where you are, I'd say you have a car haha. Hit me up

17. highlordmugfug

Yeah, Paducah is about an hour away from here, I used to live there when I was really young actually. And yeah, I commute everyday :lol: Planning on living on campus next semester. Do you guys jam in Paducah?

18. Dyingsea

Dyingsea SS.org Regular

I grew up in Western KY and went to Murray as well. It's tough to find musicians to play with in that area other than a few bar bands.

19. highlordmugfug

Yeah, there's not much around here, not that I've seen anyway.

And I don't know anyone in the city where I actually live: There's one guy I've played with (LavaJoe on here) that I've played with before that lives an hour away, and some friends that live 2 hours away.

20. SHASTY

SHASTY THE WAR OF 1812

Unfortunately not =/ We practice in Illinois because that's where the rest of us live. But I'm sure we could work out a ride situation sometime