Uncreative123's Body Transformation Thread

Discussion in 'Lifestyle, Health, Fitness & Food' started by Uncreative123, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Uncreative123

Uncreative123 SS.org Regular

I said I would post pics, so here they are. This is my 11-week transformation. This was all done for Bodybuilding.com's $100k Body Transformation contest. I have one week left, but I'm currently on the road which makes everything harder, so I'm not sure if it'll get much better than this. I knew this contest was coming, so I really let myself go ...much worse than I thought in order to make the most drastic change possible. I followed the Lean Gains method (Intermittent fasting diet for fat loss, muscle gain and health) for basically all of this. Very low carbs for the first 8 weeks. Usually did about less than 50g carbs for about 2-3 days straight, then on the heavier carb days, I'd usually still stay under 2-300.
    This method works. And it works well. I'm lifting the same amount now that I was before I started- but I'm 26 lbs less and 12% bodyfat less. This transformation has been ALL about diet. My lifting routine didn't change at all. Did some moderate cardio in the beginning, but that was about it. I currently don't do any.

ANYBODY can do this. It's so easy it's stupid. It just requires 100% commitment. I'm currently training with a friend on this tour which is keeping me in check this last week and all tour, since I usually eat like total shit. I'll go into the details a little more in a follow-up post. I'm kinda doing this really fast before we crash for the night.

I only have the photos that I quickly uploaded to photobucket before I left home. So I really only have week 1 and week 11- none of the inbetween.

I feel really really small at my current weight and size. I haven't been this small in a long time. This is maybe the best shape I've been in, or second best. Definitely going to be putting some size back on after this.

Starting stats:
    6'2" 226 lbs, 22.5% body fat

Current stats:
    6'2" 200 lbs, 10.5-11% bodyfat (11.5ish pictured)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. TRENCHLORD

TRENCHLORD Banned

Great progress man.
    You definetly know what you're doing.
    Your arms about 18.5-19"?

3. flint757

flint757 SS.org Regular

Your before photos are where I am physically so i might give this a shot. It'd be cool to have more details.

Great job though :yesway:

Discipline has always been my weakest point when it comes to routine workout and eating right (can't stick to schedules)

4. Winspear

Winspear EtherealEntity Vendor

Absolutely brilliant job! Very impressive for 11 weeks. I hope you don't mind me posting here for advice but you seem to know what you're doing!

I'm currently cutting, too, after really having let myself go on a heavy bulk (worked, though! Gained a lot of strength and size so hopefully plenty of new muscle is hiding haha)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here's me 3 weeks ago at the beginning of my cut.
    I've gone from 150lbs in October 2010 to 182lbs in this photo. I'm just under 5'10"

I've lost 5 or 6 lbs so far in the 3 weeks.
    I might have to try this leangains thing, so far I've just reduced my calories down by cutting a lot of carbs.

Bulk: Around 3900 calories a day, just over 250g of protein, 430g carbs, 120g fat as a guideline.

Cut: About 2600 calories, 220g protein, 190g carbs, 100g fat.

My routine hasn't changed either, just straight heavy lifting on a 3 day split.

The calorie difference is huge and it seems odd to me, but both figures seem to be about good for me..I'd gain just under a pound a week on that 3.9k. And I'm losing 2lb a week on the 2.6k.

Any advice? I'm looking to get to the exact same bodyfat as you by 6 weeks from now. Short time I know but I don't think I was as high to start off with.

I'm also interested on how you obtained that tan in 11 weeks haha!

5. Metalus

Metalus JP BFR Whore

So how does this Lean Gain thing work exactly?

6. Greatoliver

Greatoliver Looking to windward

Hold on, you're telling me all those transformation videos on youtube aren't fake? :lol:

Huge respect tho :metal:

7. Bevo

Bevo SS.org Regular

Looking good!!
    Huge change to your body..well done!

You look exactly as I thought you would!

8. Marv Attaxx

Marv Attaxx ಠ_ಠ

"$100k Body Transformation contest"
    Wait, what??
    :eek:
    That would have been the motivation I needed to stop bulking up and finally start cutting :lol:

Good work dude :yesway:

9. TheShreddinHand

TheShreddinHand Uber Stringer

Congrats man, keep at it!

Eric

10. SirMyghin

SirMyghin The Dirt Guy Contributor

Looking excellent dude, good luck with the contest.

11. Murmel

Murmel Fapping to J-rock

Great work dude. Everything I've seen from lean gains has been amazing.
    Makes me feel like an ass because I haven't been able to work out this entire week, but tomorrow I'm gonna kill it.

12. UnderTheSign

UnderTheSign SS.org Regular

Solid progress. Shows what a tan (?) and a lower fat % can do to how you look.

13. cwhitey2

cwhitey2 BlackendCrust Metal™

Shit son. Good job.

14. Infamous Impact

Infamous Impact SS.org Regular

Insane transformation. Hope you win, you deserve it with all that hard work.

15. JStraitiff

JStraitiff Melodic Mamma Jamma

I blame the tan :lol:

16. TRENCHLORD

TRENCHLORD Banned

Some one should send word to Carvin (joking of course) that a huge order is on the way. :lol:

17. Uncreative123

Uncreative123 SS.org Regular

I'll try to cover a little more in this post. Again, the one thing I can't stress enough is how diet is everything. I've often heard diet is 50%, but I think it's more like 99%. Everybody who's trying to lose weight reading this and understands it is already lifting and probably doing so at a moderate level, so I won't go into details about lifting routines. That really wasn't what helped my transformation, but it definitely had to be solid. It was something I already did so I don't really count it as part of the transformation. The one thing I changed was some light/moderate cardio, usually in the morning while fasted.

The most important thing was definitely the lean gains method of fasting for 16 hours and eating for 8 hours. I adhered to that pretty strictly. I'm never hungry in the mornings so it worked really well for me. By fasting it increases your insulin sensitivity and everything else. I won't bore you with all the details, you can read about them for yourself on the leangains site. It's really what helped me RETAIN muscle while dropping fat. As long as you make sure you pulse through the day with BCAA's you should be all set. That was the most important part for muscle retention.

Lifting with a purpose is really important too. Prior to this contest I really felt like I was just going through the motions and my weightlifting didn't have much purpose. This contest was the thing that got me motivated. I respond very well to competition. I'll probably always have to do competitions like these to keep motivated from here on out. But whatever it takes. One of the things that helped get me through it was writing down all the days on the calender and being aware that there was a deadline that had to be met. I wrote out every day on the calender and marked off each day as it went by. I think that was incredibly helpful mentally. Dieting is all about will power and mental strength. Fasting/low-carbing for ONE day seems a lot easier than trying to think of it in terms of weeks. Just telling myself to get through THIS day and then I can eat more tomorrow helped me get through the whole thing. Just one day at a time. I kept track of my progress...almost daily, but did pictures only once a week, on Mondays. I had my routine, go to the gas station, get a paper, do pics. etc. Routine is always good for this stuff.

I'll touch on some other things of importance while responding to this next post.....

First of all, your carbs need to be reduced SEVERELY. On all days. I would do something like less than 50g carbs for 2-3 days straight, then one day of moderate carbs, under 200g. Every carb g counts and they will add up fast. On days I thought I was around 50 I was actually closer to 100. 50g is key. And you will be hungry. You just have to get past it. Calories don't necessary need to be restricted, it's all about carbs when it comes to losing fat.

Cheat meals are very important. This is something that I should have said in the first post so I will make it bigger here. While on this diet I ate pizza EVERY week. And I don't mean like a slice or two, I mean an entire fucking pizza from papa johns, all by myself, in one sitting. I ate arby's, quiznos, mcdonalds a couple times, lots of other pizza places, etc. No lie. The cheat meal/day is A MUST. I started to stall out around week 3 and couldn't figure out why. I was working so hard and dieting and not eating very much and I totally stalled out. I read more on the cheat meal I think from lean gains...decided to eat an entire pizza, and by the next day I had lost two lbs, bodyfat went down, and I looked leaner. It's important because it basically tricks your body and gets it to process food faster (i.e. metabolism). So, SO important. Now, I wouldn't go completely overboard and have a whole cheat day and just eat like shit. I would make it one meal, and make it moderately shitty. I still didn't eat fries or drink pop, but I had lots of burgers, pizza, ice cream, etc.

I definitely slowed up on that the last three weeks. I've been consuming more carbs, but I'm taking a shitload of supplements so it works out for me.
    I'll try to cover a little more next time as well.

Feel free to post any other questions in this thread, everyone.

LoL, nah, it won't be Carvin. It'll be something else. Probably gonna have to be 7 strings for the time being...

18. SpaceDock

SpaceDock Shred till your dead

Nice work man, that is a super impressive transformation.

Can I ask you about the diet? I have the opposite problem, I am real lean and can't seem to gain weight too well. Does this work for guys wanting to bulk up?

19. ghostred7

ghostred7 Banned

Great job!!!

When we gonna see you do a remake of this shot?! :evil:

[​IMG]