Ukrainian Girl - help requested

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Survival101, May 14, 2010.

1. Survival101

Survival101 Banned

Ooookay. I apologize for the length of this. If I'm in the wrong thread feel free to move this.
    So I've been teaching myself a little Russian for some reason. There's this store near where I live that is apparently all Russian-owned now. And I went there today to test out my Russian. Lo and behold, it's all Russian GIRLS. Insanely, beyond all human comprehension HOT Russian and Ukrainian girls. I about came walking in the door.
    So I decided to grow a pair and talk to these two girls asking them how long it would take to get some dumb shirt sprayed or whatever (this store is a tourist trap). I make an ass out of myself, but one girl tells me I should come back the next day.
    I, however, being an idiot (or possibly a whore), don't learn my lesson and go upstairs to talk to the girl who is probably the hottest in the joint. God only knows what I was thinking.
    So I asked her where something was and just slipped in "thank you" in Russian and then she seemed genuinely interested. So I talk to her, bought what I was actually looking for (a small backpack for day hiking) and was halfway out the door when I went back and talked to her.

I ask her when she's free and she had a strange response to it and started asking me at about school. Apparently she's already graduated from the University I go (I'm 19) and she looks to be about 21-27 (hard to tell). I persist slightly and she gives me her phone number. So, I walk out of the store with a backpack an insanely hot Ukrainian girl's number. I figure the age difference might come back to haunt me, as one of the girls downstairs looked a little closer to my age. But whatever.

I'm an anthropology major and I'm kind of obsessed with different culture's norms and I'm not really sure what is the norm with them. I noticed they were all incredibly stoic. I've been using my good friend Google but I noticed that sevenstring.org is an international community and decided to ask you kind people for assistance. So! If anyone has any advice or any knowledge of Ukrainian or other such cultural norms or any general advice other than being confident and well-bathed I would greatly appreciate it.

2. Customisbetter

Customisbetter WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot Contributor

UKRANIAN GIRLS ARE THE HOTTEST

FUCK I HATE YOU

ALso, what do you want to know? I don't really understand what you are asking. :lol:

3. Survival101

Survival101 Banned

Hahahaha.
    Basically I want to know if they have any cultural practices or norms that I need to know about. Like things that might be offensive or rude that I wouldn't normally think to be so. And this may be a silly question to ask but do they look for anything significantly different in men than the average American women does?

4. Necris

Necris Bonitis.

:scream: I need to get down to Orlando and make an ass of myself apparently.

5. ittoa666

ittoa666 /)'3'(\

ANOTHER girl thread?

6. Prydogga

Prydogga Giddyup.

At least there's sense in it. Also grammar.

BigPhi84 likes this.
  7. Empryrean

Empryrean Undecided forever

this actually makes sense!! good luck man!

8. scottro202

scottro202 I'm walkin' here!!!

Of the only time I've veer met a Ukranian girl, I met like 4 of them. And they were all fucking hot as hell. I say go for it!!! As far as I know there aren't any cultural things that are THAT big of a deal you'll run into. Especially since you're in America.

9. Customisbetter

10. Survival101

Survival101 Banned

Yeahhhh I know another girl thread. I really didn't want to make it, but I didn't know where to go to help. Hopefully I didn't burn out any of your eyes with it.

11. Origin

Origin Rainbow In The Dark

Well see, yours wasn't "I like this girl/I'm dating this girl/This girl knows I exist, ruhruhruhruh something about reservations, some kind of...I just kinda scrolled WHAT SHOULD I DOOOO?" This is something legitimately interesting with a unique twist that actually makes for a nice thread. :lol:

My only advice would be...Google harder, then GO FOR IT.

12. BrainArt

BrainArt Deftones Guru.

And no crying about a 3-day "relationship". Oh snap! :lol:

13. stryker1800

stryker1800 Sweet Pickle

The key is were they raised in the Ukraine or Russia, because although their parents may have been, if they were raised here they are likely to understand american culture well enough for you not to make serious mistakes. If by chance they are not american natives there are indeed difference between america and the rest of the world but generally is not all that different.

14. R3D

R3D SS.org Regular

take her to the winchester for a date.....

then you two can bond while trying to survive the zombie apocalypse that will follow :lol:

vhmetalx likes this.
  15. Prydogga

Prydogga Giddyup.

Lulz, epic Shaun of the Dead reference ftw.

16. Mr. Big Noodles

Mr. Big Noodles Theory God

17. JohnIce

JohnIce Singlecoils = tr00

LOL at banner :lol:

[​IMG]

18. Survival101

Survival101 Banned

Bahahahahaha! Too many things to quote.
    No and if I get totally owned on this I won't come back crying either.
    I'm assuming she's from the Ukraine because she said she speaks Ukrainian and this might be stupid of me but I was under the impression Ukrainian is somewhat of a dying language. One of those situations where they're having trouble getting the youth to pass on the language because another language (Russian) is more practical. So I'm assuming she's Ukrainian. She's obviously lived here for awhile though if she went to the same uni I'm going to. The age difference and any potential culture gaps is what is intimidating me.

Man I wish I could do that. Probably easier to pick up chicks with zombies running amok. You probably start to look pretty good compared to that bloke with blood dribbling down his face and entrails hanging out.

19. Customisbetter

I have never had any issue with talking with girls older than me, but I'm intimidated by all girls to start with, so your mileage may vary. :lol:

20. Rick

Rick ALL HAIL DJOD Forum MVP

^That's epic. :lol: