TUDOR United SportsCar Championship

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Joose, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Joose

Joose Custom User Title

Anyone been watching the debut at the Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona?

I really like seeing all of the Daytona Prototypes mixed in with the ALMS P2 cars. And even more awesome to see R8's and Astons in with the Vettes, Porsches, Vipers, etc.

The only thing I don't like.... The P1 Class from the ALMS has been discontinued. Which is just a goddamn shame.

2. F1Filter

F1Filter Contributor

^^^ This. Not sold on the DP formula at all. Your flagship prototype class are running tube-frame chassis? What century are we in? No matter, I'm more interested in the GTLM field than anything else.

Also. A rather eye-opening read about how things are being run. Already a lot of unhappy team owners in the paddock. Gordon Kirby - Auto Racing - The Way It Is

Glad that ruling against the Level 5 Ferrari team was overturned. Which was absolute BS to begin with.

Also glad to see that Memo Gidley is already recovering from surgery. That could've been a whole lot worse.

3. Joose

Joose Custom User Title

Yeah i'm really glad that was overturned as well. What an ending that was!

That article was a good read too. Hopefully everything gets sorted out to where everyone is happy, including us fans. Other than the discontinuation of P1, it's a cool idea.

GTLM certainly holds most of my interest as well. Glad to see the SRT team running much more consistently, now that they've had sufficient time to work out a lot of those early kinks. And maaaan does that Corvette C7.R look beastly!

4. shadscbr

shadscbr SS.org Regular

+1 to Level 5 ruling getting overturned, and no P1 really is a shame. :agreed:

Hoping for a good season :)

Shad

5. F1Filter

F1Filter Contributor

Update on Gidley's condition:

There's been arguments already that if he were in a monocoque-chassis P1 car instead of a DP. Perhaps his injuries would've been much less. Whether or not that's true. Thankfully the safety measures in the DP formula were good enough that we're reading stories about his recovery time, instead of where his funeral services are going to be held.

Gidley with a long road ahead | News | Motorsport.com