TSE Audio x50 AMP/CAB SIM

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by chuggalug, Jun 2, 2016.

1. ComaPrison

ComaPrison SS.org Regular

I pose the same question to you. Have you tried X30 in the latest X50 Suite release (v2.4)? I am getting the impression that some of these comments are based off the several year old free edition of X50.

[​IMG]

Perhaps it is time to start a thread that deals specifically with the current release?

2. gujukal

gujukal SS.org Regular

I'm using the latest X50v2 that i bought years ago. I remember using the X30 years back when it was free and remember that i liked it a lot, probably prefer the ENGL tone over 5150.

3. ComaPrison

Seriously? If you haven't upgraded... then do so. All the upgrades have been FREE!!!

Login into your account and receive HUGE improvements for free. Let me know if you have any problems or contact the excellent TSE AUDIO support.

4. I Shot JR

I Shot JR SS.org Regular

I've got the most recent version of x50, and as for the x30 it was ok but I liked it less than the x50. As I said I think the 5150 sound just isn't for me. Depending on the style I either go Recto or Marshall, 5150 has some characteristics of both but never "wows" me.

5. Xcaliber

Xcaliber SS.org Regular

I downloaded the x50 demo over the weekend and I couldn't get any sound out of it in Reaper. I didn't play with it a ton, but I need to do some Googling and see if I can figure it out. I could use another great high gain amp sim.

6. ComaPrison

I use reaper. There is no reason why you shouldn't get any sound. Msg me if necessary or contact customer support. I'd even be willing to send you a RPP project file.

7. Xcaliber

Xcaliber SS.org Regular

Thanks, I really appreciate that. I'm going to give it another try and if I can't get it working I'll shoot you a message.

8. ComaPrison

No Problem.

Recorded with a cellphone....sorry for crappy quality. But I wanted to show that the X50 suite does in fact work with Reaper.

9. ComaPrison

I'll even go one step further and offer this...

TSE General Troubleshooting | The TSE Collective

This serves as a supplemental source for troubleshooting. Please contact TSE AUDIO directly for your customer support issues.

Edit: More things to come. I have only shared a portion of The X50 Suite capabilities. ;)

10. Xenogen

Xenogen SS.org Regular

You can get some pretty amazing sounds from simple plugins these days. TSE is no exception to that. I've used their x30, TSE808, and I still use them to this day for their exceptional tone.

I've also used LePou's amp sims, which are absolutely fabulous. Both the Hybrit and the Le456 have been used in my more recent mixes.
    I've also used LePou's LeCab to blend impulses. It allows you to use up to 6 different impulses in one instance. You can get a great tone from blending impulses with a little bit of phasing i.e. Blending 2 instances of the same impulse together to simulate microphone phasing techniques

LePou's Plugins: LePou Plugins

There's also Ignite amps who do great tube amp sims, which I've tested and loved the results:

Ignite Amps: Audio Plug-Ins

And finally, Nick Crow, of which I've used the 7170, and Wagner Sharp. I think he has abandoned his projects now, but they are still great:

Nick Crow: https://sites.google.com/site/nickcrowlab/

Please don't let the shoddyness of some of these sites fool you. These plugins are pure gold.

There is, infact, an entire forum dedicated to the use of amp sims and impulses, which all blow Guitar Rig and Amplitube out of the water. Best of all, they're FREE!

11. Xcaliber

Xcaliber SS.org Regular

I was able to get it working last night. I'm not sure why it didn't work before, but I created a new project, added a new track and when I added the X50 demo it worked right away. Must have been something with the other project I created?

It sounds awesome. Best high gain amp sim I've used yet. I'm definitely going to purchase it.

Thanks to everyone to provided ideas and offers of help. I really appreciate it.

I use all of these as well. All great amp sims. LePou's Lecto is my favorite of those, but the X50 is by far the best sounding high gain amp sim I've heard yet.

12. ComaPrison

Great, glad you got it working and are enjoying it.

13. ComaPrison

14. Drezik27

Drezik27 SS.org Regular

I just picked up the x50 v2.4 after using Revalver and Amplitube for awhile.

Really digging it.

I also put up a preset I made on the forum below. I was going for a BDM - Everblack style tone.

Drezik's Presets | The TSE Collective

15. ComaPrison

16. ComaPrison

17. ComaPrison

18. ComaPrison

Edit: See Below

19. ComaPrison