Trying out GGD for the first time!

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by TempuraNugget, Aug 26, 2018.

1. TempuraNugget

TempuraNugget SS.org Regular

Hola friends!

I'm genuinely surprised at how good the drums sound right out of the box. I've had a harder time trying to get a decent tone out of SD3. I might be sticking with GGD for a while.

What do you guys think?

https://soundcloud.com/lawlcaeks/spicy-demo-2

2. Flappydoodle

Flappydoodle SS.org Regular

I have both GGD and the Modern Massive pack. They do sound really good. Quite a specific sound, but pleasing overall. The room sound is really nice especially.

TempuraNugget likes this.
  3. karjim

karjim Set the World Afire

switched from SD2 to Modern and massive this summer. Very transparent, less work so a massive gain of cpu. Cool room, nice snares, punchy kick, clear cymbals.So much easier with velocities, it s not nothing then brutal death. Nolly did a great job. One complain is the controll of the bleeding. For instance I struggle with too much Hhat in my OH. I like little compress on cymbals and its pretty hard to find a sweet spot between HH and OH with parallel comp. Anyway I think I will never go back to sup drum specially the 300gga of SD3...it s too much for my work

4. TempuraNugget

TempuraNugget SS.org Regular

Definitely feel you on that one. I'm also struggling with hat bleed. Just need to play around with it some more I guess.

5. Flappydoodle

I'm lazy. Left everything at default, turbo at 100%, and changed a couple of the drums to match my preferences. Didn't fiddle with bleed or anything else, haha

6. karjim

karjim Set the World Afire

I must be stupid I ve found in settings section that you can configure the OH, so you can tamn the hats and level up the ride. I love Gojira cymbals, soft cymbals, thin hats, and a giant ride dom.

7. linguos

linguos SS.org Regular

Not trying to hijack the thread and I'm sure this has been touched on many times but don't you really need to have Kontakt full? I dabbled with GGD demo and Kontakt player and gathered that while you technically don't need the full version you'll be so crippled by the player version that it's not even worth it?

8. Flappydoodle

Nope. You don't need the full version of Kontakt. And you aren't crippled in any way whatsoever that I can think of.

9. linguos

linguos SS.org Regular

Doesnt the player only work for like 15 minutes at a time or something? Picking my vague memory here..

10. Flappydoodle

Not for me