Trem arm loosening Halp!

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by sean106ESP, Oct 8, 2011.

1. sean106ESP

sean106ESP SS.org Regular

I want it loose like how if u loosen a Floyd arm it hangs down south when standing up and u pull it up when needed.

it is so stiff on my Apex's. A friend on here told me to sit for a half hour watching TV and turning it over and over and after about 30 minutes it will be all nice and loose. Which I am doing and no go.

I hate having to pull it up to use it and then have to use my hand to push it back to hanging south. it has the little white bushings and I am wondering if I take those off it will sit in the arm cavity all loose. But my boy on here swears it will loosen up after do above.:scratch::scratch:

Thanks in advance all!

[​IMG]

Ancestor likes this.
  2. brutalwizard

brutalwizard Pretty Your Petunia

haha i want the opposite on my 7620 mine is so loose.

one thing i found that loosened mine was lots of flutters i mean but there certain technique of pulling and flicking it, made mine all loose like you describe.

3. Swyse

Swyse Swyse

I would probably start by taking off one of the white things, or finding someone to swap you for a used and abused bar. Some people kill for your type of problem haha. If taking off the white shim things isn't ideal for you, you could maybe try sanding the shims a touch to get em going. I would stop wasting your time turning something with zero friction because the shims are teflon and get more abrasive with it with some higher grit sandpaper. Also, did you try loosening the screw on the bottom of the trem where the are goes in?

4. sean106ESP

sean106ESP SS.org Regular

Thanks. Yeah I looked up in the manual...duh on my part and removed one white bushing and worked like a charm. Thanks again.