Trade Prestige RG2550 plus cash for RG752FX-SPM

Discussion in 'Beginners/FAQ' started by IrvOnly, May 31, 2017.

Which one will you get / keep?

1. RG752FX-SPM

80.0%
  2. RG2550EX-GK

20.0%
  1. IrvOnly

IrvOnly SS.org Regular

Do you guys think this is a fair trade? A guy wants my Ibanez rg2550ex gk plus 200$ for his rg752fx. Are rg752fx good quality guitars or am I better off keeping my 6 string and saving for a better 7 string guitar? I just wonder if my guitar will be better quality than the RG752. Thanks

Attached Files:

2. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

That seems like a lot of cash to throw on top. Is this a local deal or is shipping involved?

3. IrvOnly

IrvOnly SS.org Regular

local deal. I have my doubts regarding adding cash on top, thats why Im wondering if its a good trade. what do you think it would be a good deal? and most importantly, would you do the trade? I am suspecting te rg2550 may be a higher end guitar than the 752 (may be wrong though)

Last edited: May 31, 2017
  4. Jonathan20022

Jonathan20022 Engineer

I'd say that's an even trade or at the very least you only cover the shipping for both guitars at worst. 2550's can be had for about 7-800 used, and it's the same for the RG752fx. 200 on top is definitely not what I'd agree to if I was in your position. I don't recall what the 2550's sold for new, but I have a feeling the 752 cost less new.

EDIT: Just read your reply, I'd do a straight trade if you really wanted it. They're both Prestige guitars so I wouldn't say one is more "high end" than the other, they're in the same bracket in terms of quality. The 752 is a newer model so it has less age which is nice.

IrvOnly likes this.
  5. MaxOfMetal

Both guitars are on the same level, quality wise. That's not an issue.

Used ones tend to go for similar value, and while I don't think you're getting hosed, I would probably try to work things out a little different. Perhaps offer to pay shipping for both, it'll come out less than $200 (at least it should) and might sweeten the pot enough for them to agree.

IrvOnly likes this.
  6. IrvOnly

IrvOnly SS.org Regular

what do you think would be a fair trade? It is a local deal so no shipping will be involved

7. MaxOfMetal

I wouldn't add the cash. They're both "basic" Prestige models. I mean, if you REALLY want a 7-string and want it now, go for it. Like I said, you're not getting hosed.

8. odibrom

odibrom .

7 Stringers are generally higher priced, however, this one is a basic model, no floating bridge.
    Your guitar is "higher tech", 3 pickups and floating bridge, which should compensate the difference. How much older is yours compared the the 7 stringer? How is the wear on both?

As a trade, I'd just swap one for the other. Can you test the other guitar before? If so, please DO IT!.

AkiraSpectrum likes this.
  9. IrvOnly

IrvOnly SS.org Regular

well mine is from 2004 and his is 2014. I somehow sense they made them with more love before lol. its a nice guitar though.

10. odibrom

odibrom .

well, how much wear does your guitar has... is it mint or used?

11. IrvOnly

IrvOnly SS.org Regular

Its used and it has some wear on the hardware, it work flawlesly though, paint is pk fpr a 13 year old guitar

12. cip 123

cip 123 SS.org Regular

Both same year, they're worth the same. They both go for the same where I'm from. Giving the guy 200 is a bit far. $100 yes, but if he's the one wanting the trade he should come down from $200.

13. odibrom

odibrom .

The guitars are 10 years apartar... so IrvOnly's one may show more wear...

14. cip 123

cip 123 SS.org Regular

Yes but imo not $200 worth, what I meant was that if they were both the same year they're worth the same. I know that Irv's is older. He can still talk a better deal with the guy imo.

15. odibrom

odibrom .

well, without seeing the guitars in hands, all we can do is speculate. It gets a lot on the subjective value of things.

The question is more on the biggest difference besides the extra string, which is the absence of the floating bridge... Is it a pro or a con for IrvOnly?