Toronto - Drummer looking to start or join djent project

Discussion in 'Musician Classifieds' started by danielcalderon, Feb 6, 2017.

1. danielcalderon

danielcalderon SS.org Regular

Hello, my name is Danny, I'm 26, new to sevenstring.org and have been playing for ten years. I'm looking for like minded musicians to start (or if we have the same interests at heart, audition for your band in need of a drummer) something along the lines of Tesseract, Monuments, Periphery, Vildhjarta, etc. You know exactly what I mean: "Djent, thall, progressive metal, Meshuggah inspired," etc. haha. I only know a couple of people who are into this kind of music but nobody who wants to perform it or create it so that's why I'm here. I'm not a very "flashy" drummer. I rarely do stick tricks, I avoid unnecessary fills and Lars-esque antics/facial expressions, I just focus on the click track and groove. That being said, there's a lot of pedal hat and ghost notes involved. Ideally you'll be well versed in this "genre" of music, know how to program drums (for sending ideas back and forth) and be familiar with digital guitar processing. An appreciation for Meshuggah is also a must. I hate how this sounds but I think it's necessary to mention that I've taken a long time to invest in good gear so I'd hope you have too! It can be as heavy or as soft, as casual or as committed and as vocally clean, screamed or nonexistent as we can agree on! Biggest influences at the moment:
    Mike Malyan - Monuments
    Tomas Haake - Meshuggah
    Mike Bradley - The Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza (III)
    Nick Yacyshyn - Baptists
    Nathan Bulla - Auras
    I haven't recorded any relevant videos in a long time so for the time being, I hope this sums me up to a certain extent! (See my profile for a rundown of my gear)