Too Many Books....

Discussion in 'Movies, Books, TV & Media' started by Vegetta, May 21, 2006.

1. Vegetta

Vegetta SS.org Regular

I have over 1000 hardback books. My wife has around 400. They are slowly beginning to take over the house. I have 5 BIG boxes just full of paperbacks that I have no where to put. I used to have them triple stacked on a book shelf - That shelf was kind of ratty (I had it in a walk in closet in my old place) So I left it there when I moved.

My Friends are allways telling me to sell them at one of the many used bookstores - I cant do it - its like some kind of disease:lol: I buy up to 6 books per month (and read them)

anyone else here a book junky also?

2. Akrin

Akrin 5/4 > most

I have a stack of books right here that I've bought and are in queue to be read :cool:

Just a little light reading...two are 1000+ pages :lol:

3. The Dark Wolf

The Dark Wolf Contributor

I'm not as bad as you, Rick, but I'm still guilty. Book junkie #2.

4. distressed_romeo

distressed_romeo F'king ............ Forum MVP

I'm a serious horder of books. I've actually run out of space in my (fairly large) bedroom and have them stacked up on any spare surfaces now.

5. The Dark Wolf

The Dark Wolf Contributor

I find compulsive readers to generally be 1) very intelligent and 2) very interesting!

6. Shannon

Shannon Lord Super Awesome Contributor

I use to read a lot of non-fiction books. I've never been into fiction much. With that said, I generally find tons of information worth reading through trade magazines and the internet. I do go through a bunch of magazines. I can read a 200-page magazine cover to cover in one sitting (a couple of hours).

7. Vegetta

Vegetta SS.org Regular

I read a bit of everything - Fiction, Historical, IT stuff, art stuff- I read a lot of magazines as well - Mainly design stuff - automotive - occasionally guitar mags- I used to keep magazines too:wallbash: I did finally break myself of that tho...

8. David

David je t'aime Contributor

I try and read a book a month... But, everyday, I probably research and read about 20+ pages on the computer screen for politics and current events, then go and debate it.:yesway:

9. Desecrated

Desecrated Guest

I have about 4000 books in my apartment, I seldom read fiction exapt some poetry and some novells sometimes. I read about 200 books every year and when I get the money I will get some more :)
    we have a nice second hand store that sells bookracks for about 20 dolls each. so storage is no problem for me.