Titanfall

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by Svava, Mar 10, 2014.

1. asher

asher So Did We

Spring Break maybe? :lol:

2. HighGain510

HighGain510 Contributor

Maybe, but isn't Spring Break usually around Easter though? :lol: I haven't been playing a ton, think I'm like rank 48 or so now so should prestige the next time I'm online. :D

3. asher

asher So Did We

At least for UVA it was this past week.

4. Tiger

Tiger SS.org Regular

I play it on the computer and really enjoy it so far. I'd like more Titan choices, however.

5. loqtrall

loqtrall Banned

I got it the day it came out (preordered), and I've got to say. It was fun, for the first 4 or 5 days. After that, the game got really repetitive. I don't think it was worth $60. There are only like 6 gametypes, all of which feel and almost play the same. There's a downright puny list of firepower to choose from. There are only like 10 more actual customizable options added that weren't in the beta. Almost every gun has the same 3 sight attachments. The only thing I can say good about it is that there are 12 maps at launch and they're all phenomenally designed.

And yes, I realize they have a season pass and are coming out with 3 DLC packs, but Jesus H. Christ. They already charged $60 for the game, then want you to pay an extra $25 to get THE REST OF THE GAME THAT SHOULD HAVE ALREADY BEEN THERE AT LAUNCH. They should have spent less time preparing DLC and more time adding to a game that is severely lacking compared to other games in it's genre. I'm sorry, but parkour and robots don't make up for having 9 weapons to choose from, 3 sidearms, a futile amount of gametypes, and little to no weapon, character, or titan customization at all.

Not to mention the novelty that are Titans wears off unbelievably fast. The first dozen games or so, sure, I thought the cinematic value Titans added was awesome. But after getting level capped (I'm not going through a dumb ass "prestige" system like CoD), Titans just annoy the living shit out of me. It's like 99% of the games I get in to start off with everyone camping windows and rooftops for the first 2 minutes and then the WHOLE enemy and friendly team hops in titans and starts going balls to the wall. It's like the only kills they can get is spray and praying while headglitching a window, or in a one-shot-kill-pilot machine. The ONLY thing that would redeem this game and stop me from taking it to gamestop to trade in is if they include a Pilots-Only/No Titans gametype in the DLC.

The game MIGHT be bearable then.

Edit: I mean, come on. What they added from the beta: like 6 weapons, ONE sidearm, ONE anti-titan weapon, 4 abilities, ONE grenade type, and oh boy, here's the big one: they added CTF and Pilot Hunter. I mean, holy shit. If I play a beta, I expect it to be "part" of a game, not 99% of the game. That'd be like 343 Industries doing an open beta for Halo 5 with only the Slayer gametype, then at launch, the only gametypes are Slayer and Oddball...

6. Bobo

Bobo SS.org Regular

Game feels fantastic. The smooth feel of the game and movement is addictive for me.

The amount of content is limited for sure. This is a huge deal for XB1, maybe they are afraid of blowing their load right out of the gate? Maybe the devious plan is to slowly add this, that, and the other to string people along and keep the franchise going for quite awhile. Without much competition, the market should be there regardless.

7. TheShreddinHand

TheShreddinHand Uber Stringer

Maybe I'm old school, but I don't quite understand the need for more guns, mods, perks, etc. I've put in an ungodly amount of hours with halo 2 and 3 on xbox live and not once gave a crap about a new gun or mod or whatever. Just give me a battle rifle and let me go to town. Maybe it's cause that's the type of shooter I dig, but I never cared for all the perks/weapon mods, etc. That never justified the price of the game to me. If the game is fun and I keep going back to it, than it's more than justified the cost to me.

8. Bobo

Bobo SS.org Regular

My favorite multiplayer shooter is a game I consider a one gun game, Gears of War. Ok, it has more than one gun, but the up close action with the Gnasher shotgun is the backbone of the game and the reason I have played it so much in the last 7-8 years. I like the opposite idea too though, games like Battlefield and COD (Halo has a good variety too) with lots of weapons have a unique appeal because I like to get a feel for new weapons.

Titanfall feels like a game that could benefit from a larger weapon choice for loadouts, but a Pilot vs Pilot game mode is my top wish...then maybe more maps...I've got other game mode ideas...a campaign would have been nice...well at least the DLC is gonna be cheap at $25, even if it's lacking a bit too lol.

9. Preacher

Preacher Lord of Beer

I would like to play this game, but alas it crashes in the menu on my pc and I have yet to find a fix. looks like a DX11 issue, anyone else had this and fixed it?

10. wannabguitarist

wannabguitarist Contributor

So, who's playing Titanfall 2? It absolutely kicks ass :metal:

11. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

They had Titanfall 2 on sale Wednesday for $35 at BestBuy... Went back last night looking to grab it, back to full price :( Heard 2 blows the original out of the water, and I've heard plenty of good about the original (haven't owned an Xbox One up to this point, maaaaay get one this year).

12. MoshJosh

MoshJosh SS.org Regular

been playing Titanfall 2 on PC and it's pretty damn good. Mostly played the story so far, but some multiplayer as well. Both are great fun.