Titanfall

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by Svava, Mar 10, 2014.

1. TheShreddinHand

TheShreddinHand Uber Stringer

Regarding the campaign mode, do you play matches against strictly AI grunts and spectors?? Or do they show you random cutscenes and then throw you into a normal multiplayer match?

Once I finally got into Live last night I set it up to download overnight so hopefully checking it out tonight if Live doesn't go down again. :noway:

2. HighGain510

HighGain510 Contributor

Okay I finally got to play it, so I can chime in on this now! :lol: "Campaign/story" mode (and I use the term loosely :lol:) is basically a few "on the drop ship" cut scenes while they tell you what the other guys are after, and what you're fighting for... it's either the manufacturing corporation or the militia you're fighting for basically. So one group is trying to hold their ground and keep people from stealing their shit and the other side is trying to steal stuff from the oppressive corporation, but the campaign has you fight for both sides (once through for the corporation and once through for the militia). It's still all basically multiplayer. :lol: Then you can play the classic mode with choosing the specific battle type, hold the points, team death match, etc.

It's always 6v6 but a lot of random AI guys (some AI is worse than other... ;)) so it gives you more to shoot at to build your team score and collect points. Achievements are for both killing AI and human players so you have to do them all if you want to get points quickly and unlock the guns and attachments.

Overall it's not bad! Not sure I'll get the season pass without knowing what the DLC is going to be, the maps are not bad but some are less creative than others. :rofl: Since it's the only title I'll have for a while I'll probably either play until I get burned out on it or switch to BF4 on PC to take a break so I don't get TOO tired of it. :)

3. F1Filter

F1Filter Contributor

Fun game so far. :yesway:

Haven't really spent all that much time with the online gameplay. But I'm noticing that the matchmaking is taking quite a bit of time to set things up. Might also be due to the "data center" I'm connecting to probably isn't that busy yet.

4. HighGain510

HighGain510 Contributor

That's my guess, MOST of my games were connecting quickly, but it could be a data center-specific issue. A couple connections took longer as 1-2 people dropped and it waited to load the other 1-2 back in, and one game froze completely, but so far it's been pretty smooth. I was RATHER bummed last night, but it's much better now that things are actually working today. :yesway:

5. F1Filter

F1Filter Contributor

Finished campaigns on both sides. Every team I was assigned to eventually ended up losing. So I'm guessing there's a 'good' and 'bad' ending for each faction? Trying to get back onto a getaway ship if you've lost, can be downright comical if the other team is all equipped with Titans. Some of the funniest game replays I've seen in quite a while :lol:

Definitely going to wait and see about the season pass. More maps would be welcome. But really, they should expand this campaign mode to something else than "capture this rally point" with a whole bunch of cheesy dialogue.

6. Mike

Mike The Traveler Contributor

is this you? lol

[​IMG]

Svava likes this.
  7. TheShreddinHand

TheShreddinHand Uber Stringer

Played for a couple hours last night and overall I'm enjoying it and it's a fun game for sure. It's no Halo 1, 2, or 3 :hbang: for me (my personal fav mulitplayer games), but it's fun regardless.

8. Svava

Svava Djento ergo sum

That made me lol xD!!!

No that wasn't me- I only posted that much of an opinion cause eye hart jew guys and wanted to give you another honest opinion before you dropped gear-money on this thing xD

9. Pandaonslaught

Pandaonslaught SS.org Regular

I've been having tons of fun with Titanfall so far. I get the same giddy feeling playing like I did when COD4 came out. I hope my interest lasts for awhile. my PC is crushing the game too, I have it cranked and never have any hiccups.

10. Xaios

Xaios Foolish Mortal Contributor

Some people on Metacritic and the like (trolls aside) give games lower numerical scores than they think a game actually deserves because they feel like they're combating the hyperbolic fanboyism of many people that give 10s.

11. Mike

Mike The Traveler Contributor

This is very true which is why I take what I read on there with a grain of salt. It's sad that such a good idea got ruined by biases and trolls, wait...that's just about every site on the internet.

12. Choop

Choop n______n

TBH I'm kind of ok with this. Hyperbolic fanboyism is just as, if not arguably more destructive to the analysis of a product or service than people with legitimate concerns.

One just has to be understanding of why things get negative reviews, and don't just get fixated on the fact that a review is just plainly negative.

13. Xaios

Xaios Foolish Mortal Contributor

It goes the other way, too. I remember how people were downvoting COD4 on PC like crazy (I'm not a COD fan, but even I can admit that COD4 was a pretty damn solid game) simply because it wouldn't allow dedicated servers for multiplayer.

14. Choop

Choop n______n

I think that was MW2 actually. (COD4 had dedicated servers on launch)

15. Captain Butterscotch

Captain Butterscotch SS.org Regular

Okay, so I'm more of an RPG kinda guy with no real love towards FPS games. Titanfall is the shit. Seriously. I just lost 3 hours of my life and I don't even care.

16. Mordacain

Mordacain 1-watt brigadier

That's what I'm hoping for when I play it. Damn I hate having to wait.

17. Grand Moff Tim

Grand Moff Tim Some call me... Tim

Am I going to have to use Origin if I want to get this on PC?

Also, will it be pointless to get if I intend to avoid the multiplayer?

18. Choop

Choop n______n

Multiplayer is all there is to the game, pretty sure...

19. Captain Butterscotch

Captain Butterscotch SS.org Regular

Yes, you'll have to install Origin. It's a 3 disk install and the first disk is wastes no time in getting it on your machine.

Yes, completely pointless. Even the terrible "campaign" consists wholly of online matches against opposing factions.

20. HighGain510

HighGain510 Contributor

I'm rank 42 as of tonight, but I've seen guys in-game on XB1 who are like prestige 3 rank 5 and up already! :eek: Either no jobs or no life outside gamez! :lol: