Thoughts on this mix?

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by BlackFalcon17, Nov 4, 2017.

1. BlackFalcon17

BlackFalcon17 SS.org Regular

The drum mix is what I really focused on here, but feel free to point out anything else that stands out or could be improved. I used my ATH-M50x's for this, which I'm still getting used to, so I'd just like some outside opinions and ears. Thanks!

https://soundcloud.com/chukwu-uduka/random-mix-test

2. justinjcm900

justinjcm900 SS.org Regular

Hey man,

On first listen this sounds pretty solid and I'm judging on my AT M50s also!

The drums sound good, plenty of attack and sustain on your main kit pieces and your cymbals sit nicely on top. What are you using for your drums?

Snare sounds are incredibly subjective so I would imagine not everyone will like it but I do and if this is the sound you are going for them I think you are hitting it well!

I'd personally like to hear a bit more bass guitar just to fill it out more. Other than that, great, tight playing on this!

Justin

3. BlackFalcon17

BlackFalcon17 SS.org Regular

Thanks for the feedback Justin, much appreciated! I'm using Steven Slate Drums. Unfortunately, I don't remember which packs I used for each piece in the kit, I have all of em.

I completely agree that the bass guitar could be pushed up a bit. I'm still trying to find that sweet spot where it doesn't drown out the guitars. I guess that's just another EQ problem to solve.