Thoughts on Changes to Marketplace Regulations?

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by mcsalty, Mar 18, 2015.

What are your thoughts on the upcoming changes to the Marketplace regulations?

1. I agree with/support the changes.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I disagree with/do not support the changes.

29 vote(s)
    90.6%
  3. I do not care about/am not concerned with the changes.

3 vote(s)
    9.4%
  4. I am "on the fence" about whether or not I support the changes.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. mcsalty

mcsalty Keepin' it Kodos

This probably (read: almost definitely) won't have any effect on the final decision, and I'm sure I have an idea of what the consensus will be based on other threads. That said, I figured this would give everyone a good place to share their opinion on the changes that will be made to the Classifieds' regulations.

I tried to keep the choice of answers flat and objective, so feel free to explain your reasoning.

2. Hollowway

Hollowway Extended Ranger

I voted that I disagree. Why? Because the reasons to keep the situation the same are obvious, and I can't figure out what the reasons to change it are. There is no way the people who come on here just to hock wares are going to contribute in a positive way, and it's pretty damn hard to monetize someone like that.

3. TechDeathWannabe

TechDeathWannabe SS.org Regular

I am currently NOT qualified to really interact in the Classifieds, -from what I understand, at least. And based on the rules I read upon joining SSO,- but I feel like the changes would screw things up for the people who ARE qualified. I see no benefits from reducing the restrictions, and while it would mean a newer guy like me could go through and sell unwanted gear, or buy someone else's, it also means they don't really have to give a s... about 7 strings, or even the website/community.

I'm no one to talk, as I'm not a daily visitor, don't post much, and usually only stalk threads for insight or guitar photos, but still. *shrug*

(If it is not obvious by this point, I voted that I disagree as well.)

4. ferret

ferret Not worthy

TechDeathWannabe: Just to clarify, the rules are about posting trades and sells. You are free to buy, even without 100 posts or necessary registration age. The seller is, of course, free to decline your offer, but you should definitely message sellers if you want something.

All that said, I disagree with the change. There's no positive to removing the restriction, and I don't see how the forum software change has any bearing on the rule change... It will still be restrict, just 5 posts instead of 100, so it's not a TECHNICAL reason...