#ThisIsACauseNow Why Is Everyone a Special Snowflake?

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Konfyouzd, Dec 4, 2015.

1. Konfyouzd

Konfyouzd Dread-I Master Contributor

The ones that the girl working the desk thinks are cute get to get out and roam around sometimes... :lol:

2. vilk

vilk Very Regular

I'm convinced people who grew up between the 20's and 70's have brain damage from lead exposure.

3. Konfyouzd

Konfyouzd Dread-I Master Contributor

:lol:

That's a big ass range.

4. Rev2010

Rev2010 Contributor

And the one's that grew up afterwards even more severe brain damaged due to insecticides, nuclear radiation, cow growth hormones, and more severe and more diverse types of pollution.

.... and iPhones :lol:

Rev.

5. vilk

vilk Very Regular

Well, I mean, in defense of my statement, lead is proven to cause psychological issues. Those things Rev's said are said to cause cancer.

Didn't you guys watch Cosmos with Neil DeGrasse Tyson?

6. narad

narad SS.org Regular

I just think dogs need families. Anyone that adopts a puppy from some facility where they're basically "ownerless" to a home and a family they're actually apart of - I feel that is rescuing in some sense, given how heavily dogs prioritize that.

But I get what you're saying. I imagine your annoyance with the sue of "rescue" is dead-on with my annoyance with the use of "heroes"

7. flint757

flint757 SS.org Regular

The word hero practically has no real meaning anymore. We call people hero's who have done .... all to earn that title on a regular basis nowadays.

8. Rev2010

Rev2010 Contributor

Well I was just kidding, as I took it that you were. Obviously not every home had peeling paint on the floor that toddlers were munching on. Plus there's an endless list of other things available these days that can cause health issues I didn't even list, since it was just a joke :)

I read the book Cosmos that Carl Sagan wrote. Actually just lent it to my mother telling her she should read it. I also own the original Cosmos series on DVD and have watched it all as well as almost all episodes of Tyson's Cosmos. Read Pale Blue Dot as well, and Contact is my favorite movie (read the book too but the movie was better). Huge Sagan/Druyan fan here :metal:

Rev.

9. Explorer

Explorer He seldomly knows...

Formerly from Cucaramacatacatirimilcote...
    There's a power in Rev's words which causes cancer?

How does that wor... Aagh! My eyes!

10. vilk

vilk Very Regular

let me guess you were born between 1920 and 1970

Also I wasn't talking as much about paint and toys as much as I was talking about car emissions.

11. tacotiklah

tacotiklah I am Denko (´・ω・`)

I'm on the fence with this issue. I've seen horrible and annoying things from both sides of the fence. On the one hand, I deal with people that make my skin crawl regarding their outright disgusting comments on LGBT people and especially on transgender people almost on the daily. There should be more discussion on these topics and there's a real need for it, given the higher suicide rates. That said, when I see this kind of stuff discussed on places like tumblr (*shudders*), it's like people take their frustrations out in the most hyperbolic ways and there's a weird groupthink that everything in life must kowtow to their personal "safe place". Life just doesn't work that way, and they haven't gotten that message into their thick skulls yet. People don't always say things out of malice, but rather from ignorance and that it's the context of what people are saying that matters most.

So while I'm not a fan of the article in the OP, I'm not saying that it doesn't have a point either. Moderation is the spice of life and I feel people have to accept the fact that not everyone is going to agree with you, nor is anyone expected to like everything everyone says/does.

12. ghostred7

ghostred7 Banned

13. asher

asher So Did We

So, all of them?

14. lemeker

lemeker SS.org Slacker

I knew there was something wrong with me.....:lol: