this is not another typical metal cover , fastest guitar do it at a high level skill

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by LordAgni, May 10, 2018.

1. LordAgni

LordAgni SS.org Regular

this is not another typical metal cover , fastest guitar do it at a high level skill

2. bostjan

bostjan MicroMetal Contributor

Honestly, I think I would try it again if I were you. The following things got my attention:

1. You skipped the intro to the song.
    2. You skipped the guitar solo.
    3. Mix could use some freshening up, particularly the drums.
    4. Timing is mostly very good, but there are a few moments where it's noticeably off.

3. LordAgni

LordAgni SS.org Regular

I respect your suggestion but all opinions and sugestion are subjetives and particular points of view

-first I know that the mixing was not perfect but I like a lot how guitars do it rough and faster , If you mix with a lot effects you lost the essence and attitude

-second I know a few moment I programmed a drum a bit imprecisse finally I have just finished a new deicide cover mix and I think I was very very succesfull I added new plug-in and effects and it sounds so great , I will post in this thread very soon

bostjan likes this.
  4. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

I'm not sure what you're claiming? How is this not a typical cover? It's a bit faster I think.... I'm not sure I get it.

Jacksonluvr636 likes this.
  5. Ancestor

Ancestor Contributor

It's tough to get people to listen to your stuff sometimes. This recording sounds good to me.

The speed or skill or whatever is kind of secondary to the feel to me usually. Necessary but it's not like I'm trying to watch the Olympics.

This to me has a real nice feel. I love this riff. There's groove to MA that is hard to beat. Slayer does that to. They're pumping out some notes but there's a groove to it.

So keep recording as much as you can. Sounds good!

6. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

I think making claims about High Skill Level! Played even faster and better! is going to open you up to criticism pretty quickly, but I'm otherwise all for cover jams like this.
    There's a saying that's been floating around on the interwebs lately...

Just have fun with it. :lol:

ArtDecade and bostjan like this.
  7. bostjan

Thanks. Absolutely.

Yeah, I don't think you need effects. It's just that the drums have this sort of "digital rendition of a shoe in the dryer" sort of tone to them. A little width in the tonal spectrum of the drums would really help a lot, IMO. The guitars sound good in that mix, but I'm not going to pretend that I know how they'd sound in a fuller mix.

The parts that sound off of the beat could be punched in or something. Maybe a bit more difficult now that some time has passed.

Yeah, exactly, anything with "fastest guitar" and/or "high level skill" in the thread title obviously screams to me that the person doesn't want a sugar-coated opinion. Also, if you do a cover of a DM song with "high level skill," I expect you not to cut out the guitar solo - in fact, I want to hear the guitar solo and then some.

If I were to get more into the mindset of Just have fun with it. then I need to see a thread title more along the lines of "Hey dudes, check out this song I did!"

8. OliOliver

OliOliver SS.org Regular

I agree, I definitely feel a lot less attitude when I can actually hear the drums.

DevinShidaker likes this.
  9. ArtHam

ArtHam SS.org Regular

Not going to sugarcoat it. This sounds like ass. Badly programmed drums, terrible mix and the guitars are falling behind the beat all the way through. The chorus riff is wrong, all the accents in the solo riff are placed on the wrong part of the beat. Sounds like this is the first recording you ever made. Probably not the best idea to upload something as bad as this and then not want any criticism.

chuggalug likes this.
  10. ArtHam

ArtHam SS.org Regular

Maybe he means most people would not release something as bad as this. You know. Without vocals, drums inaudible, no guitar solo, no bass, guitar sounding like it's played through a vacuum cleaner.

DevinShidaker and chuggalug like this.
  11. ArtDecade

ArtDecade Unhindered by Talent

weak sauce
    wēk/sôs
    exclamation
    informal
    1. this is not another typical metal cover / fastest guitar do it at a high level skill
      "this roof leak is total weak sauce"

12. chuggalug

chuggalug SS.org Regular

cant wait for the full length album.

13. rx

rx I drink water.

Best thing I've heard all year. :)

14. LordAgni

LordAgni SS.org Regular

thanks for your words and support

15. LordAgni

LordAgni SS.org Regular

this is a new mix from guitars I recorded sometime ago , it`s sounds so great , I used another drum program software and I added new plug-in , guitar effects and compressor

I dont claim that my stuff deserves more attention , I know that I do a foreceful , precise , rough and fast black death metal guitar tone

16. prlgmnr

prlgmnr ...that kind of idea

This must be what it was like to hear death metal for the first time back in 1986.

17. feraledge

feraledge Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?

"LordAgni? 10/10" - LordAgni

There's a lot of opinions on the internet, forums in particular. But there's something to be said about the tried and true act of playing to your fanbase. As your number one fan is blown away, I think you have succeeded. Congrats.

18. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

That second one sounds way better, but still pretty bad. Sorry, but that's the truth. Anyway, just keep going and you'll get there someday...

bostjan likes this.
  19. bostjan

I can't say my music is any better executed than this, but, I mean, if I had "fastest guitar" to do "at a high level skill" like this, I don't think I would have used that gift so haphazardly. :lol:

p0ke likes this.
  20. prlgmnr

prlgmnr ...that kind of idea

This not your typical, reading comprehension everybody gets the wrong idea and totally misinterprets an OP, forum thread.

p0ke likes this.