Thinking about recording our EP ourselves. Thoughts on the mix? Djentyness ITT

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by polarbeast666, Jul 6, 2012.

1. polarbeast666

polarbeast666 SS.org Regular

My band Transcendency | Facebook is ready to record, and we can either do it ourselves our go to Bullet Ride Productions | Facebook.

These are the recordings so far for our instrumentals, although we will do vocals with someone else if we do it ourselves.

How our mix sounds (except song 2, that is way old) (free)
    PolarBeast666's sounds on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

How going to Bulletride would sound (our vocalists old band) (100 dollars a song)
    Ages ICT's sounds on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

And any help on making our mix any better? And yes the guitars are panned one left and one right

2. Djentleguy

Djentleguy SS.org Regular

Great song! :) The drums take the main part in the song and in my opinion, "Djent" or whatever needs the guitar to be the main leading part in the mix. I'd make the snare more "alive", kick and cybmals sound good though. Boost that guitar so it will fit better in the mix. And am I hearing a dry signal guitar at 3:40? or clean guitar I don't know lol.

3. polarbeast666

Thankyou duder, and yeah noted for that drum stuff, ill work on it tonight.

4. XxSilverburstDiezelxX

XxSilverburstDiezelxX Audio Engineer

Song three is pretty awesome, criticism. The delay in the intro doesn't sync up. The drums and the bass sound sick. The guitar needs a better tone and needs to stand out in the mix more prominently

5. polarbeast666

Noted, thankyou. And it sucks because Im trying to get a better tone by opening up vst's in fl studio but whenever im in fl studio and hae podfarm open the sound double and everything sounds terrible, bleh