The Walking Dead Season 3

Discussion in 'Movies, Books, TV & Media' started by iRaiseTheDead, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Philligan

Philligan The White-Knuckler Contributor

I never thought of that, now I'm doing it too :lol:

This. I thought it was weird how he just took off, killed everyone, and they never mentioned him again. I wonder if he's gonna show up like a season and a half later, Merle-style. Also surprised that no one shot him while he was gunning down a truckload of people. They were all giving each other the same look, I doubt anyone would have been that worked up if someone had shot him.

And yeah, it looks like they're grooming Carl to be the next problem. If I knew my kid had shot some kid without warrant I'd slap him into next week. Or get him to talk to a psychologist because he probably has some issues. I thought it was kinda dumb how they seemingly tried to justify what he did, at least a bit.

2. Riffer

Riffer PRS SE Inspector

I thought the episode was solid. It was entertaining and I'll definitely watch the next season. Everyone gets so butthurt about the show not being exactly what they want. I actually liked that the Gov flipped his shit and did what he did. I'm curious as to how/if he will show up again.

Some people can't just enjoy something and have to get so upset about stuff like my friend who post this big long rant about how he "doesn't know why he wastes his time watching it". Really dude? It's a TV show about a made up story. Why don't you write something better and let everyone shit all over it. Just watch the damn show and be happy it's even on. I enjoy the characters and their stories. If I liked every single character I think I'd get bored. I love the fact that the writers did what they did with some of the characeters. There's always going to be haters.

:yesway:

3. stuglue

stuglue SS.org Regular

I really enjoyed the last episode. It ended on a positive note, Rick is trying to teach Carl some compassion and humanity which he is losing.
    The biggest disappointment for me which has become evident in season 3 is how slow and lumbering the zombies have become.
    I recently watched season 1 and noticed how sluggish they now are. They could climb and were far more aggressive in the earlier episodes.

4. MicrobeSS

MicrobeSS SS.org Regular

They've run out of food in 3 seasons they're getting weaker :lol:

5. TheDivineWing22

TheDivineWing22 You've got the touch

The argument could be made that many of the original zombies from the outbreak have decomposed to the point that they don't have as much strength as they used to. :lol:

Overall, I think last nights episode was good. It just had a very horrible conclusion.

6. MicrobeSS

MicrobeSS SS.org Regular

The mid season finale, would have made a better finale

7. Mexi

Mexi SS.org Regular

I liked the finale. Ever since the group stayed at Herschel's farm, they've wanted some semblance of stability and "normalcy", given everything they've been through. The prison represents that stability for them, and now that the Governor is no longer in the picture, they can focus on regaining some of the humanity they've lost (especially w/ regards to Carl) and to try to build some future with the other people of Woodbury. Ending the season on a positive note has been something the show's missed and gives more of a "blank slate" impression of the coming season.

edit: my only real gripe was the lackluster showdown between the two groups, it felt rushed and didn't really "go anywhere" Also, Woodbury is, arguably, a better place to live (especially since it still had the barricades set up) so why not just move the whole group back to Woodbury instead of moving to a blown up, broken apart prison? maybe they elaborate it on the comics, but it just doesn't make much sense to me.

not AS good as I would have hoped, but as a whole, I enjoyed the season more than season 2. so I'm eagerly looking forward to season 4

8. Sicarius

Sicarius Reggie J Worthington

Seems your friend was just disappointed in the show and was expressing that.

To be honest, I don't know why I watch it anymore either. I'm not happy with the way the writing is anymore, and it seems more and more like they are just trying to ride the cash cow into oblivion.

I'll probably watch the first couple of episodes in the fall to see what they're going to do, but if it's the same old bullshit I'm done.

9. ghostred7

ghostred7 Banned

The story arch is so far off of the comics, that I'm just sitting back and enjoying whatever story they develop. As long as I have friends on the show, I'll keep watching.

10. crg123

crg123 SS.orgLocalArchitect

Hate to say it but I feel the same, maybe things will pick up next season. I also wonder about the zombies, they just seem like background noise most of the time now. Like they'll be having an argument or go somewhere and it'll be like "oh its a zombie" kills and moves on*.

11. Sicarius

That's the way it is in the comics. Zombies are just a pest, it's the human factor that's chaotic and has to be dealt with all the time.

12. groverj3

groverj3 Biologist/Guitarist

I actually really enjoyed the season finale. Ended it with a bit of optimism for a change.

I do think the showdown between the governor's men and the prison was kind of lackluster, but when you really think about it... it makes sense. His "army" was mostly untrained softies that lived in relative luxury in Woodbury the whole time the world was going to shit. As soon as they encountered some resistance inside the prison they realize "Fuck, I don't want to die because this psycho with an eye patch has some beef with a bunch of dudes we've never even seen."

I would like to see the show move on to a different location in season 4 though. It doesn't seem likely, but the prison setting is getting old.

A lot of my friends were bitching about the episode sucking. I fail to see what's so bad about it. The good guys win, a character that nobody likes bites the dust, interesting character development with Carl for a change, Rick finally seems like he has his shit together, Tyreese joins up with Rick and Co. The only problem I see is that the confrontation between the gov. and the prison was a little short.

I'll be waiting for season 4, hopefully they can find a way to keep me interested in the show if they continue to stick with the same settings.

13. Sicarius

I'm just going to blame Kirkman for everything.

Kills a character in the comic, because the show's counter-part is doing a better job than he can write.

Kills a pretty important character in the comic on the show because they've written them as an annoying twat that just gets in the way of everything.

Just do something good for a change and kill the little bastard, Carl, already.

14. glassmoon0fo

glassmoon0fo Some Say...

spoiler tags just in case, yall might want to follow suit :yesway:

He IS the writter for the show now, or at least the head writter. i believe the small details are left to another team, but Kirkman is controling the storyline for both the show and the comic. He mentioned on an early episode of Talking Dead that he's essentially pulling ideas from the show from the alternate storylines he discarded for the comic, meaning he saw the characters and events going a different way in his head at one point and simply picked another route for the comic (a better one, methinks). To top it off, the show has those previously mentioned constraints that the comic has, for instance: I think the actor that plays Andrea has that "god I hate her" look about her, like the kid you just kinda want to beat up for no reason :lol:. That, to me, contributes more to my dislike of her character than any of the decisions she's made because, hell I've done some pretty lame shit in my life and I wasn't even under any duress like a zombie appocolypse so I don't blame her. Plus, you have the fact that Carl does NOT look 10 anymore, actors have agents, and end of the world settings are hard to pull off for a tv show over long periods of time. I'll take it as it comes from here on and enjoy the ride. As long as Glenn is ok, and stops being such a BITCH soon :lol:

And yeah, I don't think Carl's going anywhere soon, but I'm gettin real tired of his shit. Real tired haha.

15. wankerness

wankerness SS.org Regular

I didn't think it could be possible, but that episode was so bad I wasn't even happy
    that Andrea died. At least she died in the most Andrea way possible - by spending at least a minute of running time just sitting there staring at the dude while he died instead of trying to get out.

16. MailMan

MailMan SS.org Regular

Now that's a happy ending :D I'm not sure about the quality of the episode itself. Could've been worse I guess. They'll need to come up with some fresh ideas for season 4 though to make me keep watching.

17. TheDivineWing22

TheDivineWing22 You've got the touch

Wow, why all the hate for Carl?

18. Basti

Basti not much space to wr

Well, my main reason for watching the show is still because, well...zombies. But there was a little bit more to the depth of meaning in the last episode/s like Rick saying that he wouldn't sacrifice anyone for the greater good for the fact that he believes that their lives are in fact the greater good. I actually remember that so it was quite deep.
    Also Carl gives a good reason (valid or not) for shooting the guy, he says he's seen people including himself not taking their chances to eliminate an enemy when they could have, and then someone dying as a consequence. It ties in with what Andrea said, she couldn't bring herself to take a life but it just resulted in all those other lives being lost. BOOM. Meaning.
    Not much of a spoiler but y'know.

19. wankerness

wankerness SS.org Regular

He never does anything interesting, likable or sympathetic, he always is tromping around acting like a little petulant thug, and most importantly he's always wearing that goddam hat. :lol:

20. Sicarius

I fucking hate that hat.

It offends me as a Texan.