The "Stupid Stuff the Audience Says" Thread

Discussion in 'Live Performance & Stage Sound' started by LeviathanKiller, Dec 3, 2011.

1. Vostre Roy

Vostre Roy Disciple of Djod

We had a place named "Le Triolet", wich closed more than a year ago. It was a little bar where we could just come and play if there was nothing on schedule that night (there was never anything planned). We played there a couple of time, lets say that people there were more used to rock cover bands, but they were quite open minded when it came to metal. Here are the two funniest things that happened to me there.

#1: After a little gig with my band and our drummer's rock cover band, we went outside to smoke a cigarette. Some guy who had listened to our set just threw the horns at us and yelled: "MEGADEEEEETH!". Close, but so far at the same time lol

#2: Before our first "official" gig, we decided to play there as a "rehearsal" gig. There was like 5 people in the bar, and there was that old drunk man (around 60 years old, that could barely stand on his feets) that was in front of us during the set. After we're done playing, he came at us:

Drunk man: You guys are playing an agressive music, but I liked it!
    Us: Well thanks, it was actually a rehearsal for our gig in a month
    Drunk man: Well I'll be there, you guys rock!

We thought "yeah, he'll barely remember that he saw a band playing when he'll wake up tomorrow". You guys should had seen our face when the guy actually shown up during our gig. Never understimate an old drunk man's parole lol

2. monkeywrench

monkeywrench SS.org Regular

1+ Freebird

3. MitchellJBurgess

MitchellJBurgess SS.org Regular

I was once half way through playing Classical Metal X for like, a hundred people?
    With a wireless
    So it wasn't just like, a small showing.

But anyway, I heard somebody, while I was half way through the song, they yelled out "DO MORE SWEEPING".

I ended up just looking at them funny, not quite knowing what the fuck I was supposed to do.

4. Fiction

Fiction For Mod

I hope you did more sweeping.

5. avenger

avenger SS.org Regular

The stories of the crazy drunken people at shows reminded me way to much of myself.

One guya t a show came up to me after and asked me to sign his album or soemthing (I was tanked). I wasn't even playing the show in any of the bands nor was I even really writing at the time but I played along and scribbled obsence words all over his album then scriggled a signiture. Couldn't stop laughing when I remembered that the next morning.

6. havocvulture10

havocvulture10 SS.org Regular

:lol: foreveralone

Thats fucked up haha

7. cwhitey2

cwhitey2 BlackendCrust Metalâ„¢

my one friend, at every show, after our first song always yells we suck :lol:

i just agree and then proceed to throw down :cool:

8. the fuhrer

the fuhrer SS.org Regular

I think that may be an inside joke or something. At the show in Orlando there was a drunk black midget (Not really a midget, just really short) with dreads yelling the same stupid shit over and over. LICK MY NUTS SUCK MY ASS!!!! It was pretty annoying, so was the rest of the crowd though.

9. damigu

damigu stay tuned

"FREEBIRD!!"

i heard someone yell that out at a meshuggah show!

10. iamdunker

iamdunker SS.org Regular

I once yelled "Get off the Junk" to a national(who i won't name) who was totally fucking twacked on heroin during his set. He canceled all shows after that gig and actually went to rehab. I am sure i was not the only contributor to his new found soberness but I am sure I helped.

11. damigu

damigu stay tuned

the worst i've ever heard was at the meshuggah show in chicago in february 2009.
    the lineup was the faceless, cynic, and meshuggah.
    some asshats were were heckling cynic, yelling for them to get off stage so meshuggah could come on.
    that's just extremely disrespectful to both cynic and meshuggah--don't they know that a lot of times it's the headliner that invites the opening bands on tour with them?
    those people should have just stepped out for a smoke and/or sat at the bar during the cynic part of the show.

12. guy in latvia

guy in latvia SS.org Regular

Reminds me of when I saw the black crusade tour in Amsterdam 3 or so years ago.

Machine Head headlining, supported by shadows fall, arch enemy, dragonforce and trivium.

There were 2 guys in front of me constantly screaming for all the bands to fuck off, waiting for MH to get on. They were smoking up the entire time, and shouting like a bunch of tools, by the time MH came on stage, i noticed them sitting at the back on a bench totally passed out. :D made my day!

13. Moolaka

Moolaka SS.org Regular

We have always had a friend that yells "You suck!" at us from the back of the bar. It really eases my nerves for some reason, I tend to be that friend as well.

I asked a dude what tubes he was using in his single rec, he looked at me like I was a moron and informed me "You can only put Mesa tubes in a Rec.", which is garbage. I looked at my vocalist and we both just shook our heads. They weren't so good either.

Used to get flashed a lot from the front row, sorta wish we never had (buhh).

The bassist and I would always get off from the rest of the band at the last riff in the last song. Once we got off so horribly...it was blatant and atrocious even for us. We eventually just locked in where we could and cut it a few bars short. Afterwards both he and I had people complement us on our "crazy off-time breakdown" :bowdown: . We still joke about that.

In my last band a lot of times people we know would walk up and just start yelling shit into the mic between songs, those show's were always a blast.

14. highlordmugfug

highlordmugfug themuthaphukkindeath

When I saw DTP, Cynic, BTBAM, and Scale the Summit last year, there were guys calling Cynic "hippie bullshit".

15. Rick

Rick ALL HAIL DJOD Forum MVP

"Why does that guy's guitar have 7 strings on it?"

16. bradthelegend

bradthelegend ESP Fanboy

At one of our last shows, we were starting our last song (which has a clean guitar intro) and people in the audience were talking so loud that you couldn't hear the music. So our vocalist shouted "Hey!" into the microphone to get people's attention, and a bunch of kids shouted "HEY!" back. :noplease: Kids around here just want you to play breakdowns.

17. jordanky

jordanky Contributor

I had a guy try and convince me for about twenty minutes trying to convince me that my Axe FX was actually a Line 6 POD.

Also, it's fun playing local shows, because most of the kids around here don't know anything about gear. If it's not a 5150/6505 or some type of Line 6, Crate or other stuff like that, they have no idea what it is and make fun of it. A kid told me that my Soldano was an 'off brand Crate Blue Voodoo' :lol: :lol: :lol:

18. Blasphemer

Blasphemer Bird Law expert

Same here when I saw that tour in Boston. Some dude yelled "You're gay and your music sucks!"

I REALLY wanted to just haul off on the guy...

19. TravM

TravM SS.org Regular

I love my 5150... But totally would if I had the $$$$ for a snax II:shred:

20. Alpenglow

Alpenglow music and shat

Only story I've got is some 13 year old girl messaged me on facebook about how I was apparently "amazing" at guitar and went so far as to say I'm basically famous and that was why she was messaging me 3 months after my band broke up... I'm 15. My band played maybe 15 shows total, last year. :lol: