The .strandberg* Thread

Discussion in 'Luthiery, Modifications & Customizations' started by Rook, Oct 5, 2011.

1. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

Bad news everyone. They aren't actually Sugi made, just using Sugi wood and painted by Sugi. Made in the same factory as the other Boden Js. A bit too expensive at that rate, if you ask me.

2. Lemonbaby

Lemonbaby SS.org Regular

Just saw by accident that Thomann is now selling Strandberg. Bad for Ola's margin, but good for his reach...

3. diagrammatiks

diagrammatiks SS.org Regular

Ya, I dunno. Those have the new and custom style backplate and nice wood but the old route styles. I dunno if I'd spend that much for that.
    They also have the 25.75" - 25" Scale 7 string scale length...
    for 5,874.99. Yikes that's a hardpass. The new swedish custom shops can come under that.

Reach is good! I think he already sold more 7 string trems then were even made in previous years.

4. Malkav

Malkav Washing your dishes.

I got a Boden Prog 7 on Monday, gonna try and get round to doing a NGD of it soon :) Which image hosting sites still actually work for here?

Is there anything in particular anyone would like to know or see? I haven't seen a NGD for this particular model as of yet, also got to try out a Prog 6 and in about two weeks I'll get to sit with 5 original series ones as well, with a Classic Trem set to appear at some point :)

5. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire 8 string hoarder

don't use imgur or photobucket, neither work here