The Official MMA Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by mattofvengeance, Jul 2, 2010.

1. TRENCHLORD

TRENCHLORD Banned

Would have been better than RR vs HH.
    HH just has not IMO shown anything that would suggest she could even remotely challenge RR. She could hit a lucky kick I guess, but she hasn't knocked the piss out of anyone else yet in the UFC, so that seems unlikely.
    HH is a great points striker but brings no real power with the hands.

I would have done the Nunes match first, then maybe a rematch vs Tate then Zingano (who I think had the ability to challenge if she hadn't done the bum/dumb-rush thing right at the bell :lol:).
    Julliana Pena is no joke either, but I'd sure like to first see her log some more fight minutes against some top girls like those already mentioned.
    There's some great matchups to make now and I wonder why the UFC isn't amping up the pace with it. :scratch:,

I'd love to see Zingano vs Tate II, Nunes vs Pena, Holm vs Correia, Liz Carmouche vs Pennington (who really is finally starting to become more aggressive, she previously fought with the inspiration of an old lady doing laundry:lol:), plus with Liz vs Rocky there's some serious potential for a postfight hookup, if you know what I mean:agreed:.

2. ShredandBalls

ShredandBalls SS.org Regular

Fedor returns, a rubber match with the guy who technically gave him his first loss. Fedor kicked his ass years later, so I don't really see the point. Bellator also announced Shamrock vs. Gracie and Kimbo against another famous internet brawler whose name I can't recall. This feels like MMA is becoming the WWE haha.

3. Solodini

Solodini MORE RESTS!

The UFC is becoming WWE, at least. Same sort of marketing; trash talk over sport and art.
    Seems Bellator are trying the same with these bouts they've announced.
    That's why I tend to stick to One FC these days.

4. TRENCHLORD

TRENCHLORD Banned

Yeah i hear ya. I'm not much on that crap either.
    I never watch any of the UFC's promotion stuff because of that.
    The whole "who ya gonna call out now" thing after every fight in the center of the ring really demonstrate's that point :lol:.

5. Solodini

Solodini MORE RESTS!

"ANDERSON SILVA, YOU SUCK!"

6. TRENCHLORD

TRENCHLORD Banned

^^^ :scratch: That guy right there ^^^ is an idiot! :lol:, but he's also a happy idiot right now! :hbang:

7. ShredandBalls

ShredandBalls SS.org Regular

Holy .... guys.
    UFC postergirl has been KTFO, it was bound to happen as soon as she faced an elite striker.

8. Solodini

Solodini MORE RESTS!

I'm glad. Holly seems to have the humility of a champion. Hopefully this will bring Ronda down a peg or two. I laughed pretty hard at the point where Holly moved out of the way and Ronda just fell over.

Pretty disappointed in Luis Santos missing weight for Friday's One FC. Askren offered to still fight him if he weighed less than 190lbs on the morning of the fight, which Santos refused, so he must have been cutting pretty far.

9. TRENCHLORD

TRENCHLORD Banned

I sure wouldn't say Cruz schooled TJ, but he definitely went tit for tat with him.
    I had Cruz winning also, but it was close and I didn't care either way really.
    TJ was pressing more, but he was also missing more, and his face looked worse than Cruz's at the end :lol:.

BJ Penn is back, and now under Jackson-Winkeljohn at 145 again to attempt the 3-classes champ thing..
    I'd totally dismiss it, but if he really lets those guys control/manage EVERYTHING then who knows. Still though it's hard to imagine him making that kind of resurgence at 37. He did last much longer vs Edgar both times than Mendes did awhile back.

edit; Great episode with Condit tonight 1/20/16

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMyZjQlK7wM

10. kootenay

kootenay SS.org Regular

Seems like this thread does not get enough action?

What does everyone think about Miesha Tate beating Holly Holm? Personally I was stoked to see her win. I have been following her career since before Strikeforce and have seen most he ups and downs. She has stayed the course and finally got it down.

Also, Nate beating Connor? All I have to say, is .... yeah, 209!

11. thrsher

thrsher \m/-_-\m/

i had them both wining those fights and won a bunch of money on them. was not suprised by the outcomes by any means.

12. kootenay

kootenay SS.org Regular

I actually had $$ on them both as well as I really thought Miesha could grind Holm down and get a win. I only bet against Connor because I don't like him....hahaha.

Sadly I only have $50 into each fight, but a win is a win!

13. Solodini

Solodini MORE RESTS!

I'm elated with both victories. It's nice to have the relative underdogs come up. I still think Holly is ace, though.

14. Lorcan Ward

Lorcan Ward 7slinger Contributor

So Mc Gregor is fighting Diaz again instead of defending his title? I don't even watch UFC and I knew he wasn't going to win the last time. I even put down a bet on a second round submission and made 20 times what I put down.

15. Solodini

Solodini MORE RESTS!

Hopefully he'll suffer an even more embarrassing defeat this time!

16. ThrustTony

ThrustTony SS.org Regular

UFC 200 looks pretty poor at the moment!

Main event has already happened once and recently, the co main isn't a full title fight, then there's a number 1 vs a number 7 and a number 5 vs a number 12.

Hopefully they'll announce some bigger fights.

17. BigViolin

BigViolin SS.org Regular

Giving Conner a rematch outside his weight class is weak imo and typical ufc BS. He should have to defend his belt. I have no problem with him going up for that last fight but having lost he should have to defend his belt before getting a meaningless rematch with Nate. It's all about protecting their cash cow and his ego before feeding him to Edgar who would tear him up right now.

He's got very little to lose in a rematch outside his weight class and everything to lose against Frankie. He's being protected and that's lame for the sport despite being a good business decision for Dana and co.

Money wins.

18. Chiba666

Chiba666 SS.org Regular

Not good news there.

Who enjoyed UFC 199, Hendo is unstoppable at the moment.

Bisping coming out with the 1st round KO, who would have thought that would happen

19. Ebart

Ebart SS.org Regular

I didn't watch it live, but instead read the play by play as it was happening. Wish I had watched it, although I saw Hendo and Bispings wins on FB afterward. Also, Dominick Cruz is unstoppable.