The Official Lace Music Products Thread

Discussion in 'Dealers & Group Buys' started by Lace Music Products, Feb 24, 2012.

1. The Spanish Inquisition

The Spanish Inquisition Unexpected

I really want a set of Nitro Hemis, but they are so expensive. Why are the 7 string version buckers so much cheaper in the EU webshop.

2. Lace Music Products

Lace Music Products SS.org Regular

Hi there. I just saw this post - I've contacted our European distributor to let him know that there is a discrepancy and that it needs to be corrected. If anything, the 7-string versions should be priced the same as their 6-string counterparts.

3. Lace Music Products

4. Lace Music Products

Just wanted to let everyone know that this discrepancy has been fixed. The 6-string versions and the 7-string versions are now the same price, just like they should be. :)

5. jorgercrosa

jorgercrosa SS.org Regular

Hi there! I am kind of new to the whole Lace thing and I could use some help. I have a Deathbar/Bassbar set that I really like and now I would like to try something different.
    I have a Carvin DC700, walnut neck and body, and I was wondering if the Drop n Gains or the Nitro Hemis are for me. I tune to Ab and need this guitar for Death Metal and Jazz Fusion. Could you please school me a little bit on said pickups or recommend me something else if that's the case? Thanks!

6. Lace Music Products

Hi there!!

Tuning to Ab and doing Death Metal AND Jazz fusion - that's a tough one to nail with one set of pickups but i think we have the answer.

I'd use an Alumitone Humbucker 7 in the neck and a Deathbucker 7 in the bridge. These pickups will give you the clarity and output you need for death metal, while retaining good wide-range clean tones for jazz fusion. I think that combo is going to serve you best.

Metal and Rock Guitar Pickup | the Nitro Hemi Humbucker by Lace. Rock, Heavy Metal and Hardcore Guitar pickup made special for low noise and huge output, gain and sound.
    Metal and Rock Guitar Pickup | the Deathbucker 7 by Lace. Rock, Heavy Metal and Hardcore Guitar pickup made special for low noise and huge output, gain and sound.

Be sure to check the installation/specs page on the website to make sure these pickups will fit in your Carvin.

7. Lace Music Products

8. stuglue

stuglue SS.org Regular

Big Lace fan here. I've had your Deathbucker Pickups, Nitro Hemi, X Bars and the Finger Burners Pickups.
    I want to know where I can get the chrome Deathbucker Deceptor Pickups in the UK.
    Also with the Dirty Heshers sale, is that discount available in the UK?

9. The Spanish Inquisition

The Spanish Inquisition Unexpected

Hey guys, what is the biggest, heaviest sounding pickup you have for 6 string baritone guitars? I want to replace my EMG 81-85 combo because they don't give me enough oompf. Preferences to play are sludge, stoner and doom.

10. jorgercrosa

jorgercrosa SS.org Regular

Hey! Thanks for the reply!

I do have a Deathbar/Bass Bar combo in another guitar, and I was aiming for something different than the alumitones... I don't need the guitar to cover that much range, as I got other guitars for all sorts of applications. I do need a thick and powerful bridge, and a neck pickup that would give me a good clean tone, warm and smooth.

What can I expect from the Drop n Gain and from the Nitro Hemi sets, which are the ones I have in mind? Just remember it is a mostly walnut DC700.

Thanks!

11. stuglue

stuglue SS.org Regular

Another question, the new Pickups which come in the pickup mounts (Griller, Aluma Hero). Is that a pickup ring that mounts to the body like a traditional Pickup surround or does it go into the pickup cavity and is direct mounted like an uncovered Pickup?
    I'm a bit confused but definitely interested in the Deathbucker Griller and I'm thinking of buying a set to go in an Ibanez but I don't like the look of Pickup Rings.

12. Lace Music Products

For UK sales on Deathbucker Deceptors, contact Hinesite Hinesite Distribution Ltd 01634 241213

For the dirty heshers, sale, I believe it's over now but yes the discount had no location restrictions.

13. Lace Music Products

I'd go with either the Nitro Hemi or the Drop & Gain. The Nitro Hemi is a little hotter and "bigger" sounding and the Drop & Gain will have slightly more clarity for lower tunings.

14. Lace Music Products

You're referring to the trim rings, correct?

[​IMG]

Those rings are mounted directly and grounded to the pickup, just like a traditional pickup cover. They move with the pickup and are not connected to any part of the guitar body or pickup cavity.

15. stuglue

stuglue SS.org Regular

Cool. Can you tell me the dimensions of the pickup as I'm interested in buying a set of Griller Deathbucker Pickups

16. Lace Music Products

Dimensions of any alumitone with a trim ring are:

W: 3-9/16" (outer edges of mounting legs)
    H: 1" (bottom of mounting legs to top of cover)
    D: 1.5" (back to front of the cover)

This applies to Grillers, Aluma Captains, and Aluma Mans as well as Alumitones with Deceptor covers installed.

17. stuglue

stuglue SS.org Regular

Are those measurements the same as the Lace Finger Burners? I had a set in my Ibanez and they fit perfectly.

18. Lace Music Products

Are you referring to Finger Burners with metal covers or plastic?

19. Lace Music Products

20. Lace Music Products