The Official Lace Music Products Thread

Discussion in 'Dealers & Group Buys' started by Lace Music Products, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Lace Music Products

Lace Music Products SS.org Regular

Hey guys!

We are new to the forum, but some of you might know about us already.
    This is another outlet for us to interact with you guys, the players! This thread is here for information on our products, pic and vid updates, and Q&A. Tell us what you want to see from Lace and we will do our best to make it happen. We have some things that are in the works which are geared towards the metal crowd!

I'll be showcasing some things below that you may have already heard of...or have taken part in naming. :metal:

We also will have some exciting new artists joining our roster this year!

So ask questions, give your thoughts, and stay tuned for our brand new facebook launching on March 1st! :hbang:

Deathbar in Black (also available in chrome)
    [​IMG]

X Bar 7 (neck position), Deathbar (bridge position) in a Fernandes 7 String.
    [​IMG]

X Bar 8 (neck position), Deathbar 8 (bridge position) in an Ibanez RGA8.
    [​IMG]

Nitro-Hemi
    [​IMG]

Drop & Gain
    [​IMG]

Deathbucker 7 (DB7) ** Brand New!
    [​IMG]

Keep in mind, the X-Bar and the Deathbar are available in 7,8,9, & 10 string versions! :hbang:

Stay tuned for some high quality video demos, pics, and new color options.

2. Hollowway

Hollowway Extended Ranger

Welcome! I'll tell you what I would like to see: Deathbars (and other bar models) in >10 string versions. Reason being is that the vast majority of 10 strings, and an ever increasing percent of 9s and 8s are fanned. Which means you need a pickup one or two string numbers greater than the number the instrument has just to deal with the fan. And since you guys have no pole pieces, this would be ideal. You could corner the market for fanned 10s. The whole, incredibly tiny little niche market. :lol: But seriously, I'd love to see that and not have to go custom for my fanned ERGs.
    Also, do you guys do custom work?

Durero likes this.
  3. Valennic

Valennic Many Fingers

Great to see you guys finally putting a firm foothold here, I've always wanted to check out your products, and I hopefully will be able to soon :cheers:

4. yuureikun

yuureikun SS.org Regular

I am very interested in hearing some samples for the Deathbar and X bar for an 8 string. :D

5. Lace Music Products

Thanks for the input Hollowway! Yes we do custom work and if there is enough demand for fanned 10 models...we will definitely make them. We are having a meeting on Monday and the Fanned Models will be discussed so I'll keep you guys updated on that. :yesway:

6. Lace Music Products

We have been talking to an artist that will be doing this video for us. Just a matter of time until it happens, but stay tuned for that! :agreed:

7. explosivo

explosivo SS.org Regular

Hell yes! I've been wondering about fanned instruments greater than 8 strings, since the 4.5" X-bars I have in my fanned 8 are just wide enough for 8...

8. biggator

biggator SS.org Regular

I've been pondering Deathbuckers in my next baritone (6 string/27" - which will be here in a few days). Have you had anyone using these for this purpose? How well do they work?

9. Tom Drinkwater

Tom Drinkwater ERG/ERB Builder

Welcome to the forum!! You guys are really doing great things by supporting such a broad array of musical styles with your products. Keep up the good work!!!

10. Lace Music Products

There is an artist that is currently endorsed by Acacia Custom Guitars who has Deathbuckers in his 6 string. He uses Drop C tuning, but it is not a baritone guitar. A promo video is being shot next weekend to showcase this guitar and the pickups so stay tuned for that! :yesway:

11. Lace Music Products

Thanks Tom! We appreciate the support. :hbang:

12. theo

theo Got Hype(machine)?

This is really cool, I can't wait to see some more colour options. Bright florescent colours are always a winner ;)

13. mikernaut

mikernaut pixel pusher

Welcome ,I've been intrigued by your pickups after seeing them on one of Michael Spalt's guitars. Very cool looking pickups and I would like to hear/see vids of them in action for metal/distortion.

14. in-pursuit

in-pursuit SS.org Regular

this has me curious. Tom D is currently building a fanned 9 string for me using Lace X bar and Death bucker pickups, you must have quite an extreme fan I hope.... I'm also hyper keen to find out about custom colours, I was doing a green stain with gold hardware for my build and if I was able to get gold pickups rather than the grey I'd pretty much be the happiest man alive haha!

15. explosivo

explosivo SS.org Regular

There's a good possibility I'm wrong about the range, but that's just what it looks like to me (3" fan, for reference).

16. signalgrey

signalgrey Ambiente Savante

Has there been any news on possibly having the standard Sensor Pickups adapted for 7 strings?

17. Goatchrist

Goatchrist Jebus

The Deathbar looks fucking badass! Looking forward to see some clips! :D

18. biggator

biggator SS.org Regular

Thanks for the info. I have blackouts in my current baritone and was looking for something a shade less hot, but that won't get muddy down at B tuning. New bari will be here tomorrow or Wed - may have to slap a deathbucker or two in there.

[edit]
    While I have you answering.. would I be better off with a Deathbucker or a regular Alumitone humbucker in a baritone? Not playing pure metal - more heavy rock (Tool, Chevelle) with some clean.
    [/edit]

19. celticelk

celticelk Enflamed with prayer

Thanks for showing up here! Always good to see manufacturers engaging directly with players.

I got a pair of pre-release X-Bars in my Oakland Axe Factory 8-string because I wanted something that *wasn't* necessarily designed as a balls-out metal pickup, and the P-90ish elements in those pickups meshed well with the hot-rod Tele design of that instrument and my tendencies towards more Bill Frisell-type playing. I'd like to encourage Lace to develop a wide range of pickup voicings for extended range instruments, including single-coil and classic-humbucker types. Djent may be the flavor of the month right now, but the possibilities of extended-range instruments reach well beyond its parameters (see: Charlie Hunter), and it would be nice to see more hardware that encourages experimentation in those directions. (BKP offers all of their humbucker flavors in 7- and 8-string models, and DiMarzio has just released an 8-string PAF, so obviously there's some demand already.)

20. JaeSwift

JaeSwift Of Blood and Sawdust

What I would like to see: MUCH better sound and play samples of all of the Lace pickups, but for me personally some proper metal samples would be nice as well. The ones on your site/youtube are really not that great at all.