The Official Carvin Guitars Thread

Discussion in 'Dealers & Group Buys' started by ChrisH, Oct 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mnemonic

mnemonic Custom User Title

Should inlay 'JEFF' on the 12th fret.

2. marcwormjim

marcwormjim SS.org Regular

mod edit: let's not harass dealers in their threads about something that has nothing to do with the companies or guitars

3. KieselGuitars

KieselGuitars Banned

A few of our guys love it, and most of the K's ordered have it, so yes, a bunch do. :D

4. possumkiller

possumkiller SS.org Regular

So a few forum kids don't like an inlay big deal. No need to be dicks about it trying to .... all over somebody's hard work. I don't particularly care for most of these guitars but instead of coming into these threads nitpicking and bitching about how much I don't like them I just look at other guitars that I do like and let these builders get on with their lives. I mean if you really don't like these but still want a custom you could always go put down a deposit on a Decibel, Strictly 7, Halo, Sherman, or hey I heard BRJ is taking deposits again...

5. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

You know, the spirit of builders posting here was originally more about getting feedback, good and bad, from the community in an effort to make the most desirable product and the consumers the most happy and engaged, not to just shill.

Obviously the opinion of "a few forum kids" matters as many of the recent additions to the Carvin/Kiesel lineup have been driven by comments here, the old BBS, and social media.

Pure praise is what gives you the Decibels, Sherman, and Ricos.

But what do I know, I'm just a stupid forum kid.

6. Randy

Randy Ooh, Degrasse Tyson-son Super Moderator

I agree but it's hard to see what's gone in this threads over the last few days as little more than a "pile-on" just because the last Kiesel thread was closed and people still wanted to get their digs it.

Quality feedback = "The 'K' Inlay seems a little self-serving IMO and I've heard that from other people. You'll probably sell more 'in-stock' builds without them"
    Not Quality feedback = Whatever that "70%" quote was before it (rightfully) got pruned.

7. ferret

ferret Not worthy

I haven't really seen an official announcement but Jeff confirmed on instagram yesterday that Japan and Korea no longer have dealers and are direct sales now. For the few folks out that way!

8. possumkiller

possumkiller SS.org Regular

As Randy pointed out, there is a pretty big difference between giving constructive criticism and just being a douche. Some people's comments sound like things I would've said when I was 14 which is why I assume they are kids. Adults are more polite and considerate right?

I do agree that mindless praise and fanboyism goes a long way in creating problems like BRJ, Vik, S7G, Decibel and the like.

9. narad

narad SS.org Regular

Praise in the context of ^^ those guys is largely celebrity guitar players enlisted to sell them, or flippers hoping to profit. Next to none of it is just regular ol' SSO guys going fanboy on them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.