The Official Agile ERG Thread

Discussion in 'Extended Range Guitars' started by darren, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Hollowway

Hollowway Extended Ranger

Not a dumb question at all! I'm a HUGE Agile fan. (No pun intended, lol.) Mind you, I have a strandberg, KxK, Fast, OAF, XEN, Skervesen, etc. And I'm still blown away by the value of Agiles. Obviously, you're not going to get a $1000 Agile that will compete with a $3000 Skervesen, but much of it has to do with appointments, not playability.

The only thing that gives me pause is the custom part. Is there not an in-stock version that meets your needs? I haven't ordered a custom, but I've got an Intrepid Pro 828, an Interceptor Pro 827, and a Renaissance 827. They all took a little finessing to get to a good playing position (aka I had to lower the nut in all of them some) but I'm very happy with them.

2. BetterOffShred

BetterOffShred SS.org Regular

Thanks for the response. No they don't have any multi scale with maple fret board, or passive for that matter last time I looked. I'm not afraid of working on a nut or whatever either.

3. LordIronSpatula

LordIronSpatula Indeed.

Have you considered an Ormsby GTR? One of their upcoming runs will contain maple-boarded hypemachines, and I imagine they will have some spares available. Their production at WMI has been way behind due to all the CITES nonsense, so it might be a couple more months before they're made, but they seem to check all your other boxes and would only cost a little more than the pendulum. (In fact, they may even be available within the timeframe of a custom order from Rondo. I'm not sure exactly what that would be.)

As an owner of an Intrepid 830 I have nothing but respect for the value of Agile instruments. But given the damn-near-perfect fretwork on my GTR, I personally would rather pony up a little more cash for an Ormsby once we're talking about spending $1k+ on a custom from Agile.

4. BetterOffShred

BetterOffShred SS.org Regular

I have not considered an Ormsby, though I've been looking at them for years. Thanks for the sound advice and I'll take a closer look :cheers:

5. kuro_hasegawa

kuro_hasegawa SS.org Regular

IMG_0006.JPG Anyone here ever used Kahler trems before? I'm thinking about getting this guitar, but I've no experience with these trems. My Intrepid has a brass block tremolo.