The Official Acacia Custom Guitars Thread

Discussion in 'Dealers & Group Buys' started by ACG, Feb 19, 2012.

1. InVirtue

InVirtue Trey Xavier

They did in fact get a CNC machine just recently.

2. InVirtue

InVirtue Trey Xavier

I like that nobody questioned my integrity when I reviewed 4 Kiesel/Carvins, 3 Ibanez, or a Fast Guitars, but now because it's SSO's favorite whipping boy I'm being scrutinized. Not many people know better than I do about their early stuff, having first-hand experience. I also have more experience with the new ones than literally anyone else, so keep that in mind.

3. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

If you came here to protect your reputation you're doing an incredibly poor job. Like, for real.

Do you think the guys at Guitar Player come on the forums if someone questions a review?

You're getting defensive, and really coming off poorly. If people don't like your review, that's with them. If you have a problem with your review, change it.

People probably didn't question your other reviews because those companies didn't put out garbage for as long and as recently. :yesway:

4. InVirtue

InVirtue Trey Xavier

I'm not defending my review - I don't care if people don't like what I have to say. I'm taking issue with being called a shill. I think people have a right to know that they're not being hoodwinked. Anyway, I'm done now, back to your regularly scheduled programming.

5. Hollowway

Hollowway Extended Ranger

It should also be pointed out that a bunch of us (me included) have been screwed a few times by companies who followed the path that Acacia is. It's not to say that they cannot turn out a good instrument at this point. But lord knows I've lost a few thousand dollars on companies that supposedly got their stuff together, only to find out it was all talk. It's entirely possible that they will turn out awesome guitar after awesome guitar. But it's also possible they can turn out a few good ones, when they know everyone is watching, and then return to crap.

The truth is, we don't have a favorite whipping boy. We ARE the whipping boy. In the past few years we've had people screwed over by Halo, Rico Jr, Strictly 7, Invictus, Brutalizer, Siggery, Vik, etc., etc. And there are a BUNCH of people who pose as reviewers, only to find out later that they were actually on the payroll of the reviewed company. So we are definitely edgy and high strung. And we are way to cynical to clap for a phoenix story of yet another luthier/company. So it's not you, per say. But, we are generally pretty skittish about giving our support or money to this sort of company, because, as Einstein said, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

6. TedintheShed

TedintheShed SS.org Regular

Taking a sec here to point out not to conflate this company with Matt Friedman's Acacia Basses, out of PA. He retired early, and after he retired and no longer made them this company started using the name Acacia. He made the highest quality basses one could ever fathom, one at a time all by hand. I own two of them and will play no other bass. Examples of his work:

Their symbol is what I use as my avatar.[​IMG]