The Metal Foundry - it arrived!

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by Leec, Jul 10, 2009.

1. drmosh

drmosh Sir Paul of the Mosh Contributor

You can only download part of it, not the entire sample set.

2. Santuzzo

Santuzzo SS.org Regular

I got mine in the mail tow days ago. Installing went fine, nop problems.
    But in operation Cubase crashed when I loaded a preset/kit that needed lots of RAM, but that seems to be a Cubase issue (that's what Toontrack support tolde me).
    But when I ran MF with Toontrack solo I got a runtiem error once and another crash today. No idea what that is. Maybe still some bugs that they will fix after a while with an update patch.

I love the sounds, though!!!:yesway:

3. All_¥our_Bass

All_¥our_Bass Deathly Chuuni

Good god that must be annoying, and what's worse is you don't know that the disk is fucked until you try to use it. This makes multi-disk games a pain in the ass too.

Also, why make such a nice program and then use the cheapest production of the physical medium possible? Does not compute.

4. Variant

Variant Banned

Mighty Marco left it on my desk to install. I should probably load it up. Are there any mixdown presets (i.e. compressed & wet) with it. I'm still running S2.1 dry and hate it. Just too lazy to spend 1000 hours getting a good processed sound. I was hoping for a good starting point.

5. cadenhead

cadenhead Get Some!

Let me know if you have any problems so I can call ToonTrack. I believe they have some presets on their website. If so, bring your memory stick on Saturday.

6. friendforafoe

friendforafoe Chugga+Djent=Happy Contributor

So I finally recieved my copy of Metal Foundry in the mail ... The whole time I was installing I was looking at SS.org and the Toontrack forums and seeing all the problems people were having and even with replacement discs, some were still having problems.

My asshole was puckered the whole time during install after reading issue after issue people were having. Disc 3 started making horrible noises in my drive ... 15 stress-induced cigarettes and almost two hours later, Disc 5 completed it's install and I was happier than a pig rolling in shit. I hope you guys get your replacement discs and they install without a hitch, because Metal Foundry is awesome ... like whoa

7. Variant

Variant Banned

Could not copy "SL-MetalFoundry/eula.html" From DVD. Try Again?

:noplease: Any suggestions? Try again doesn't work. :(

8. cyril v

cyril v Contributor

jeebus this stuff sounds like a pain., this is how stuff ends up being posted on download sites.

9. zimbloth

zimbloth Nick // Axe Palace Vendor Forum MVP

That message comes up when you're not installing it in the right directory. Click on the 'browse' thing and make sure the proper folder is selected (ie: c:\program files\toontrack\superior\whatever). That message came up on mine as well. I just did what I described and then it worked fine.

nojyeloot, Dionysian and myrtorp like this.
  10. Variant

Variant Banned

^
    :bowdown: Thanks... I'll try to finger that out. I'd rep. you but apparently I rep'd your awesomeness recently. :lol:

11. zimbloth

zimbloth Nick // Axe Palace Vendor Forum MVP

Haha, no problem man. Good luck with it :)

12. JoshuaLogan

JoshuaLogan Banned

the overheads in the metal foundry sound really good.. i'm digging it so far. still need some sample replacing/augmenting on snare and kick but everything sounds much better, especially the cymbals

13. Hýrukante

Hýrukante SS.org Regular

i still amazed by how unlucky i have been with my copy, so i thought i'd share this epic tale! :squint:

got my copy yesterday, disk 1 is good!:hbang:

Although... disks 2,3,4 AND! 5 are all fucked... how shit.:wallbash:

tried everything to get them working too, but the info on the disk is just flat out corrupt.

Bah!

14. DrewsifStalin

DrewsifStalin LOLKATYPERRYGUY

Mine had huge issues, had to copy some files onto my brothers laptop then flash drive them onto mine.

15. Hýrukante

Hýrukante SS.org Regular

I’m still hoping I can find a fix though.

I tried manually dragging and dropping the files from the disk into the folder but I get an error message at some point saying 'Invalid MS-DOS Function' or sometimes it will just freeze up.

Did you have any of these problems?

If so did using your brothers laptop help?

16. DrewsifStalin

DrewsifStalin LOLKATYPERRYGUY

The only issue i had was that it would say something to the effect of "this file is corrupt"

17. Hýrukante

Hýrukante SS.org Regular

i got it working! :hbang:

i had to take out my DVD-rom drive and replace it with a very old one i had lying around. no idea what is going on but it didn't seem to like the newer, and faster drive :S

it still wouldn't install on its own, but i was able to drag and drop the files into my Hard drive.

then i had to install the program with the basic package, because it wouldn't run unless i did. then i transferred the files i to the metal foundry 'sounds' folder and it worked like a charm.

i can't get over how amazing this sounds! some of the presets are seriously awesome!! the room mics bring it all to life in such a good way. it sound so much more natural and clear than what i'm used to hearing :bowdown: