The Mass Effect 3 Thread

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by ShadowFactoryX, Sep 22, 2011.

1. BlackMastodon

BlackMastodon \m/ (゚Д゚) \m/ Contributor

I like the Vorcha Sentinel and Soldier too, that flamer is just ridiculously powerful along with the regen. I started using the Batarian Sentinel and it's a lot of fun, too. Haven't gotten too many Vanguards.

The Volus are hilarious, though. :lol: I actually wreck with the Volus Merchant.

2. Captain Shoggoth

Captain Shoggoth SIGN YO REP

Vorcha Soldier is legendary, if you leave the vorcha-hulkrage thing on permanently you can pretty much avoid death on bronze entirely provided you're not an idiot, with the only consequence being slower power regen

Holding out for Krogan Soldier because KROGAN SMASH

3. AxeHappy

AxeHappy SS.org Regular

I actually find the Krogan Soldier to be the weakest of the Krogan character options.

Which I also find to be hilarious.

4. AxeHappy

AxeHappy SS.org Regular

Must. Unlock. New. Krogan. Warlord.

5. BlackMastodon

I got him with my first reserve pack. :D Fucking beastly man. So much fun. The new characters are really cool, got the Cabal vanguard and the AIU infiltrator (EDI Jr.). My buddy got the Geth Juggernaut and it just never dies. 4300 shield when you upgrade it. :eek:

6. AxeHappy

AxeHappy SS.org Regular

I got EDI Jr. in my first reserve pack but haven't managed to unlock any of the others yet. I still don't have any of the N7 ones either. Frustrating!

7. BlackMastodon

Awwww dude for real? That's rough. I have all the N7's aside from the Slayer vanguard and Destroyer soldier. I just play silver matches and after about 4 of them you can afford a reserve pack. It's a real piss off when you only get weapons or gear bonuses in the reserve pack, though. :squint:

8. AxeHappy

AxeHappy SS.org Regular

No Kidding. Unless I've recently promoted a Class I tend to run Gold matches. Some of the weaker classes I will run silver though.

Still haven't made it past wave 4 of a platinum match though.

I have almost all the other classes unlocked (Love the Turian Havoc Solider) and now that I think about it I think I have the N7 Shadow, but I really want the Destroyer! Dammit! Hahaha.

Edit:
    What's your Origin Tag anyways? I'm AxeHappy!!

9. BlackMastodon

I can honestly say I don't remember my Origin account info; I haven't used it since last year when I got the game. :lol: Are you on PC or 360?

And the N7 Shadow is incredible for gold when you build her properly, it might take a couple times to figure it out but when you get that sweet combo you are basically unstoppable. Unfortunately I don't do too well in gold matches, usually because I don't know it's a gold match until there are 4 Geth primes on wave 3 and I don't prepare for it.

10. AxeHappy

AxeHappy SS.org Regular

Haha! I'm a PC Gamer! Don't even own a console of any type.

I've been having good luck with just specing her out for Shadow Strike with maximum sword and power damage/recharge time boosts and 200% power recharge weapon weight.

Just shadow strike non-stop. Haha.

I welcome any advice though.

I normally don't even equip special gear going into gold matches anymore as I tend to play "Random Map, Random Enemy" and never know whom I will be fighting. If I'm trying to solo or know what I'm up against I will do it but other than that.

11. AxeHappy

AxeHappy SS.org Regular

Just finished my first Platinum match. I failed to extract but 2 others on the team got out.

Sweet Fuck. That is intense. Like 120000 cash though.

12. pink freud

pink freud SS.org Regular

Shadow Strike is awesome. Equip only a pistol with the +melee mod. With the Cloak->Strike combo you 1 shot just about any grunt.

I still find some of the older classes the best though. Human Engineer with AOE Overload, Stun-Drone and AOE Incinerate makes for some nice CC (and guaranteed Gold Assist medal).

13. BlackMastodon

AxeHappy that's exactly how you build her, but like pink Freud said, I just throw in the melee bonus on a pistol.

14. Captain Shoggoth

HOOOOLY SHIT.

if anybody is on the fence about the Citadel DLC, it gets a wholehearted 11/10 recommendation from me. Granted I'm a fanboy, BUT I thought Leviathan was lacklustre and didn't even buy Omega. This has eclipsed LotSB as best DLC of the trilogy for me-it's done much better than the actual ending of the game, and it's really clear that Bioware put their all into this, credit to them. Action, nostalgia, LOTS of laughs, fan-service out the arsehole and Wrex as squadmate to boot.

Actually amazing-not perfect of course, still finished the main part of it in one sitting so it's pretty damn short, but it has a cool new "hub" location that's there permanently unlike some others *coughcoughOmegacoughcough*, best parts of which are a kickass apartment and a cool combat arena (think multiplayer-lite, with holograms). Reminded me of ME2 more than anything else, atmospherically, and the little side-vignettes with old squadmates after the main mission (esp. Zaeed and Traynor's) seriously cracked me up.
    And the Tali romance scene is too cute hahahahaha :3

p.s. If anyone else is as stupid as me to actually sit there and do the pullup challenge (yes ingame) then you earn an e-high five :lol:

Oh also, been playing a lot of multiplayer lately (dat Krogan Warlord), so if anyone plays on 360, add me, GT: chops027

15. AxeHappy

AxeHappy SS.org Regular

The only reason I haven't bought it yet is because I have ridiculously expensive guitars to pay for.

Wrex as a squadmate again was really all I needed to know.

Also:
    Apparently my origin tag is Thromgrim not AxeHappy. Which is odd. But there ya go.

16. BlackMastodon

I believe it. Just watching the trailer gave me chills and made me feel super nostalgic. I just love Shepard and company. It's all I want. :lol:

I think I'm gonna buy the 3 DLCs and play through them for my second playthrough. Might as well I figure.

17. Captain Shoggoth

some quick amendments to the earlier post-VERY MILD SPOILERS, concerning what ISN'T in the DLC (rather than what is).

I stated the "main" part as being short (about 3-4 hours) but in all honesty it's only about half of the DLC-a lot of the absolute best stuff in fact coming after. I'd put it at totaling somewhere between 6-10 hours depending on how fast you play (I came up around the high end, I play like a snail!)-we're not talking Elder Scrolls-esque full expansion here, but it gives enough bang for your buck, content-wise (it's a good deal longer than LotSB, about twice as long even)

If you don't like fanservice (although meh fanservice rocks IMO) then you might find the whole thing a bit contrite, there is literally fanservice everywhere. I mean everywhere. References to big and small things across the trilogy.

Every squadmate (and a few non-squad allied characters who are in ME3) is either physically present at some point in the DLC or at the very least represented in some capacity (assuming they're actually alive, of course) with the SOLE exceptions of:
    Legion
    Whoever died on Virmire
    Morinth (lol)
    who are not even mentioned, to the best of my knowledge.

Honestly I'd say that this, along with From Ashes, are REQUIRED for a vanilla ME3 playthrough. It increases the enjoyment factor that much more-and the latter part of it REALLY nicely provides a break to the otherwise nigh-unbearable (for me anyway) Thessia-Horizon-Cronos Station-Earth slog.

I'll now stop fanranting about this DLC as I've finished it (until I replay the trilogy for the 3rd time this summer bahahahaha)

18. BlackMastodon

No Legion? For why? :(

19. Captain Shoggoth

Best guess I have is that the DLC can be initiated any time between the attempted Cerberus coup on the Citadel and Cronos Station, so I'd presume it assumes Legion is dead regardless, given the fact that there is no option where he survives Priority: Rannoch.

20. hairychris

hairychris Hairy Old Bloke

Not got the Citadel DLC, Leviathan was a bit hmm, am on the final fight for Omega but haven't played for a while.

Am trying to get used to cloaking as am playing an Infiltrator and never use it normally because of how I run a squad. Solo fighting needs a different approach! :lol: