The Mass Effect 3 Thread

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by ShadowFactoryX, Sep 22, 2011.

1. BlackMastodon

BlackMastodon \m/ (゚Д゚) \m/ Contributor

I don't think they ever discuss it in the games. Like you said it's probably just to add mystery because clear visor or not, they still need their suits so long as they are not on Rannoch.

2. Varcolac

Varcolac Frets? What frets?

Still need them there as well; the crappy immune system means it'll take years to acclimatize to even their homeworld. Any other system, they're talking decades. It was in the ME2 flotilla missions (Tali's loyalty mission) when you're talking to the admirals. Shep can be like "y u no take another planet?" and they're all like "immune system bro." No word on the clear/unclear visor. Technical issue (polygon count on game models) and the whole "mysterious space gypsy" thing are the most likely reasons.

I unlocked the Krogan shaman adept yesterday. Fun times abound. Even with only three ranks in Rage he's got 1350 shields/health (double what the other adepts have), and 30% damage reduction from Barrier. Cooldowns on Warp and Shockwave not up? HEADBUTT!

Only classes I haven't unlocked are the N7 adept and the Battlefield and Turian Havok soldiers. I spend far too much time with this game. :cool:

3. BlackMastodon

Fixed that for you. :cool: And the Havoc is an awesome class! I gotta rebuild mine to up his melee damage though.

4. BlackMastodon

Fixed that for you. :cool: And the Havoc is an awesome class! I gotta rebuild mine to up his melee damage, though.

5. Gothic Headhunter

Gothic Headhunter Born on a Monday

Not sure if this has been brought up before, but...

This was also talked about in one of the IT documentaries.

6. Captain Shoggoth

Captain Shoggoth SIGN YO REP

holy shit combining wintersun with ME

this is the greatest

7. philkilla

philkilla Jesus Saves Contributor

Finally got around to beating ME3 what with deployment and all. Guess I was lucky to experience it with the extended ending for my first playthrough.

I chose the destroy endingm because turning everyone into a robot sounded like a bad idea, and taking control of the reapers seems like it could lead to a dangerous evolution..just my opinion.

The biggest surprise for me though...SHEPARD LIVING!!! All along I figured there was no other way this could end except for him giving his life to save the galaxy..low and behold with enough military strength my entire crew survived (except mordin, legion and edi of course).

I was really blown away that the possibility to unite the geth and quarians was available too...even though the geth died in the long run.

I'm very glad I abstained from any spoilers all along....I really liked this series a lot.

8. WaffleTheEpic

WaffleTheEpic Banned

I've actually been looking for a good place to put this picture... Don't know if anyone else has posted this, either, but I'm going to because I've wanted to post it somewhere. ;)

For those of you that might not have followed through on the romance plots, I romanced Tali. And, as some of you guys know, when you fulfill a romance plot, they give you a present in your bedroom (and I don't mean the sex, lol), which turns out to be a picture of them...

Tali actually gives you a picture of her face and hair, without the helmet on.

[​IMG]

Yeah, it's not a full face photo, but it's good enough. :p

9. philkilla

philkilla Jesus Saves Contributor

And here I thought you never get to see it.

10. Captain Shoggoth

nope, you do. I got it.

11. Treeunit212

Treeunit212 Not your bro, bro.

She... Looks... Human...?

Hot. But human. With tentacles. :scratch:

I'm still trying to work on my superultramegarenegade redhead. I've virtually killed half the crew so far and I hate it so much. :noplease:

Still, the contrast is very interesting to see, considering the choices made.

12. Jakke

Jakke Pretty wisdomous

Where do you see the tentacles?:scratch:

13. Treeunit212

Treeunit212 Not your bro, bro.

Three long fingers. Basically tentacles.

Just imagine how that handy would feel... :lol:

14. pink freud

pink freud SS.org Regular

That's not Tali.

Not saying this as a fanboi or anything, but that stockphoto chick wouldn't fit inside Tali's helmet. Especially the hair.

15. Jakke

Jakke Pretty wisdomous

I see:lol:

Well, I can imagine it being something like a wrench...

Have you seen that muslim women make room for all their hair under a veil? Set and match my friend
    Islam: 1
    Atheism: 0

Wait... What were we talking about again?:scratch:

16. Captain Shoggoth

doesn't she wear that headscarf thing, I assumed the hair went in there

it wasn't the best Bioware could have done with a Tali reveal but meh it was good enough for me

17. WaffleTheEpic

WaffleTheEpic Banned

Look at the back of a male Quarian's helmet, there's like a huge space for I would assume their hair or something, not to mention that females have that veil, which could hide a larger helmet for more hair. Considering they don't take their suits off often, I would assume they don't cut their hair

18. AxeHappy

AxeHappy SS.org Regular

I just managed to finish soloing my first Silver match.

Easier than some Gold matches I've played with a, "team,"...but fucking intense as hell.

19. BlackMastodon

Damn man, I never soloed a silver but I can definitely get what you mean by the terrible gold matches. It's even worse when only one person survives the round and the whole thing ends up taking 45 minutes and you don't pass wave 10 so you only get a bit more money than 1 silver match which takes less than half the time. :squint: It can be quite frustrating.

I got the Krogan Vanguard the other week and holy crap is he awesome. Never die and just melee the shit out of everything. Tons of fun. :lol:

20. AxeHappy

AxeHappy SS.org Regular

Yup! Krogan Vanguard is my go to for, "WE WILL WIN THIS GOLD MATCH," and for Soloing.

Although the Vorcha soldier and Batarian Vanguard (Speced out for Pure Melee) slay bronze match soloing. The Turain Soldier, with marksmen spec'd for rate of fire and the Geth SMG is pretty intense too, but he is a bit of a glass cannon.