The HAARP Machine is Back...

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by musicaldeath, Aug 1, 2016.

1. musicaldeath

musicaldeath Herald of Djod

nikt and jerm like this.
  2. abeigor

abeigor SS.org Regular

Wasn't there just a thread about sped-up performances? :lol:

3. Lorcan Ward

Lorcan Ward 7slinger

What the ****!!!??? :eek:

Looks like he's looking to get going again. That song is hard as hell but Kevin Heiderich would be perfect since he already did a video before.

4. erdiablo666

erdiablo666 Do not go Djently

Uhh yeah, this don't look right at all. I was happy until I saw the weird vid.

5. ArtHam

ArtHam SS.org Regular

Kevin used to be in the band for a bit or at least rehearse with them but he was fired or something. They only want UK musicians now.

6. 7 Strings of Hate

7 Strings of Hate Mid-Level Asshole Contributor

You were happy to hear a sped up hack untill you saw him being a sped up hack?:scratch:

Nothing redeeming about these guys. Dishonest .... like this gets my goat. Kids, don't buy into it.

7. ArtHam

ArtHam SS.org Regular

You left out the 'UK only' that's in there. Otherwise I would've seriously hoped they would get Danny Tunker. He could do it.

8. bloc

bloc tha vagina finda

The song in the video sounds terrible.

Pretty Strandberg though.

9. erdiablo666

erdiablo666 Do not go Djently

Well, I just found out about it...:noplease:

10. Lorcan Ward

Lorcan Ward 7slinger

Did you even watch the video? He's clearly playing. Not sure how you could possibly think thats sped up :scratch:

I know the album was recorded with a .... ton of editing just like Epitaph and nearly every tech metal album since then but the guy can really play.

Sorry must have removed that when I deleted the email address(not sure on forum rules here for that kind of thing!)

11. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands greg rulz ok

It doesn't look right. Everything he does looks really jittery.

12. MaxSwagger

MaxSwagger SS.org Regular

I dug the album back in the day but man this dude's tone is straight cardboard in this vid. The guy my band records with ran sound/lights for them for as much of the tour as he could stand and ig homeboy is a real sh1t bag to work with. Dig his riffs though

13. vansinn

vansinn SS.org Regular

I'm sorry, but it sounds like George Soros just refinanced the HAARP for a reboot..

14. silverabyss

silverabyss

I enjoy the music but I'm with everyone else with being skeptical/hesitant to give Al the benefit of doubt again

[​IMG]

15. Necropitated

Necropitated SS.org Regular

Yep, I was in the band, but was fired/let go or whatever you want to call it because, these are his words: "THM won't be happening soon but if/when it does I'd like to have a band in London for simplicity's sake". That was part of the e-mail I got in August 2015, after 1,5 years of complete silence.....
    I'll still record that one take LTP and send it to the e-mail though, if he can't find someone.....I'll also upload it on facebook and youtube, so everyone can see it. Recording a lot of videos lately and the whole Disclosure album is still on my bucket list.

thesnowdog likes this.
  16. Electric Wizard

Electric Wizard delightfully devilish

I don't see what's suspicious about his playing, Al Mumin is obviously a jedi now.

17. sharedEQ

sharedEQ SS.org Regular

I think what he does is has a camera with a really fast shutter speed, but less than 45fps. You dont see the normal blur and because of the lower fps you dont see everything. Beyond a certain speed, things start to look jumpy.

You sometimes see this effect when watching sports events from ten years ago.

Hes playing all the haters! Smart enough to give something controversial, get people talking.

Looks legit to me. Sounds interesting too, wish the video had higher audio quality.

18. Jacksonluvr636

Jacksonluvr636 SS.org Regular

That was pretty sick.

Dude was playing a backing track in front of a webcam or something so why worry about AAA production? I am sure the album will sound great.

I am unsure if the rumors are true or not but my take on it is this.....If you can actually play it live then who cares how it is tracked? You are going to want a 110% performance on your album, punch in's have been around forever and tons of people edit, punch, re-track parts and all of that all the time. The chances of 99.9% of all guitarists double tracking an entire album flawlessly is slim to none, lets be real. Especially if it is tech and yes, even if they wrote it themselves and can play it.

IMO there is absolutely nothing wrong with that but if it is a situation where the song is sped up AFTER tracking and is much slower live because the band cannot physically play the song up to speed than you suck balls and are a farce. 100% not ok.

Again, internet rumors are just that and idk which it is. Plus that is just my opinion and no one cares anyway :)

Sick song though nonetheless.

19. sharedEQ

sharedEQ SS.org Regular

Kinda agree, but what about metal singers from the 80s that couldnt hit all the album notes live?

20. Jacksonluvr636

Jacksonluvr636 SS.org Regular

Dang you quoted me before I got to edit my post BUT to answer your question......

Very good question , devil's advocate here lol...

It depends on how it was done.

example 1) If it was lets say autotune then no, they also suck and are a farce.

example 2) If they hit the note themselves in the studio, even if it took them 300 takes to get it than IMO they still did it and there is nothing wrong with that.

It is still a little lame to be let down live. No one is perfect and you can't play an entire set perfectly every single night for years and years. You are bound to miss a note at some point no matter how good you are.

On the flip side, the recent Guns and Roses live tour is a great example with Axl not hitting the super highs. I am not sure if it was him or a computer in the studio but I assume it was him so it would not be the same thing.

Speeding up your tracks after you track them because you physically can not do it is not the same thing as having to have many takes to get something perfect.