The GTA V Thread

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by Scar Symmetry, May 21, 2011.

1. Cloudy

Cloudy Dunvegan Guitars Contributor

Finished the drug heist yesterday, super fun. Hilarious ending as well.

2. Carrion Rocket

Carrion Rocket Registered Lurker

I finally found a group competent enough to complete the Prison Break heist. Although one person did commit suicide skydiving to the beach on our fourth attempt and we then had to do three more.

Everyone I've ever played with (as well as myself) wipes out on the getaway bikes during the Pacific Standard heist.

3. Azyiu

Azyiu Triad Hitman

Back to single player for a bit... Caida Libre has to be one of the most frustrating missions, if you intended to get Gold in it!!

For those who remember this mission, you must shoot down a plane with the high power rifle Martin Madrazo provides you with in THREE shots! The problems are:

1) The game seems buggy, and you CANNOT zoom in with your rifle on your retry!
    2) Thanks to point #1, you must restart your retry from the top! And that drive from Madrazo's house to the observatory can be very boring after a few tries...

Thankfully I finally get gold in it after around 10 tries... one of the more frustrating and boring missions!!

4. Force

Force Jackson Addict

I'm done with this game online, too many bugs. I can't survive anything cause my guns won't fire, after a few rounds they stop as though they're out of ammo, but they're f**king not. Needless to say, I keep getting all shot up. That & the money losses are the worst but other things are just killing this for me, if I can't handle it, I need to get out, so that's what I'm doing.

5. Cloudy

GTA online is definitely riddled with bugs. Its a miracle I still recommend people buy it. I think the biggest thing keeping me from playing night and day 7 days a week is the lobby system. I have no idea what rockstar was thinking when they designed that train wreck. Seriously though, were they all on bath salts when they drew it up? Doing anything as a party is mind blowingly frusturating.

Its really a shame GTA Online has been so rocky. GTA V is easily one of my favourite games of all time when it's not anally penetrating all of its devote players.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2015
  6. Azyiu

Azyiu Triad Hitman

Probably no one would care, but I've just earned the Solid Gold trophy! :hbang: Earning 70 golds in missions were hard!

7. leftyguitarjoe

leftyguitarjoe Correct-handed

GTAV SSO STEAM GROUP!!

Steam Community :: Group :: SSOGTAV

I made a group for us so we can easily hop in and play with eachother when the game becomes available. We can make crews, plan heists, ect.

Send me a friend request @ leftyguitarjoe saying you're from the forum and I'll add you to the group.

8. Grand Moff Tim

Grand Moff Tim Some call me... Tim

Welp, it's out on Steam now. I'm tempted, especially now that it has first person mode (assuming the PC version comes with it), but I think I'll wait a bit. When GTA4 first got its PC release, it was a complete fucking mess, so riddled with bugs that some reviews dubbed it nearly unplayable. One would hope that Rockstar learned their lesson and released a game that isn't broke all to sh!t, but I'm not confident enough in that to buy it before waiting a couple weeks and reading a few reviews.

9. leftyguitarjoe

I got a little over an hour in last night on PC. I have everything maxed out and its running smooth as butter. They did an awesome job this time.

10. metal_sam14

metal_sam14 Tard

PC is definitely worth it, its night and day better than IV on PC.

11. Don Vito

Don Vito SS.org Regular

My friend bought and has played it for about 10 hours on an older machine(I think roughly 4-5 years old) of his. It should work fine for anyone who isn't sporting the most cutting edge hardware yet. And I haven't heard of any major game breaking glitches or anything like that.

12. Cloudy

Coming from PS4 to PC I have to say the new PC version is MUCH better, so smooth.

60fps on ultra looks ....ing amazing as well.

13. MicrobeSS

MicrobeSS SS.org Regular

PC version rocks, now someone needs to make an SSO crew

14. leftyguitarjoe

*cough*

15. MicrobeSS

MicrobeSS SS.org Regular

Steam groups a bit different from an in game crew. You get xp bonuses and such

16. leftyguitarjoe

I know. The steam group for us guys here can also be used for other games if we want too.

17. Cloudy

18. leftyguitarjoe

I made it invite only so that it stays exclusive to members of this forum. Invite sent btw.

I just got a high end apartment and can start doing heists.