The GTA V Thread

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by Scar Symmetry, May 21, 2011.

1. Churchie777

Churchie777 Contributor

Wouldnt doubt it man they are shocking here Target and Big W here have already pulled the game of the shelves because ......." reported yesterday on a change.org petition launched by a group of former sex workers slamming the game for encouraging players to “commit sexual violence and kill women” news stations ate it up :lol:

2. Carrion Rocket

Carrion Rocket Registered Lurker

I got the PS4 version yesterday and I have to ask if anyone else is having issues with getting trophies earned on the PS3 version to pop. I've had some random online ones unlock but nothing else.

3. Carrion Rocket

Heists finally have a release date, March 10.

Not sure about anybody else but I stopped playing GTA over two months ago.

4. Vostre Roy

Vostre Roy Disciple of Djod

Yup, level 206 I think, still playing that stupid game. I have a local crew so its still pretty fun to me, but I don't play as much as before for sure

5. Azyiu

Azyiu Triad Hitman

I am just replaying old single player missions, and am trying to get as many golds as possible.

6. loqtrall

loqtrall Banned

Heists are out. They're pretty fun, really encourage teamwork.

Been spamming the mortal fvck out of the first one, and now I'm rich as ..... I'd say they're worth it.

EDIT: 1,000th post.

7. Vostre Roy

I expected the servers to have issue today. It was even worse than anticipated lol

Seriously, Rockstar's servers are the worse, they need to upgrade that

8. ST3MOCON

ST3MOCON Precursor

Looking for players for a heist we have 3 players ready - Stemocon

9. ST3MOCON

ST3MOCON Precursor

Forgot to mention PS4

10. Vostre Roy

Oh yeah, if anyone wants to add me on PS3, my PSN username is Vostre-Roy and I'm level 221 as I write that.

Down for heists and missions, but mostly heists right now lol

11. loqtrall

loqtrall Banned

Well, I'll tell you this so far about heists. Play with people you know and that you have direct communication with.

My brother and I were playing with some randoms, and dear lord were they bad and doing all sorts of game-ruining bullshit.

The last time we tried it before we gave up and waited for one of our friends to get online, I was supposed to escape from some other baddies without getting my car damaged, when the random pops his head out the window and starts blowing them up with sticky bombs, which gave me a 3-star wanted level, so I then had to escape the police and baddies without getting the vehicle messed up, when he decides to start blowing up the police with sticky bombs. All of that happened on Hard Mode.

I almost threw my controller at the wall.

12. Carrion Rocket

The problem I have with heists is that they require 2 or 4 players so you're always waiting for someone else to join so you can finally play the damn thing.

13. Cloudy

Cloudy Dunvegan Guitars Contributor

Servers have been dicey these last couple of days so I haven't really been able to play much GTA Online

My brother and I managed to get through the Fleeca job last night, really fun. We attempted to do the next heist (prison break?) and man oh man are randoms annoying to play with :(. Kept leaving and dying left and right, which forces you back to freemode not just the lobby. Three seperate times while trying to secure that Vargo plane I had someone leave the match half way through sending us to freemode out in sandy shores. Had to drive all the way back to Los Santos to restart the heist.

I love GTA online but man does the lobby system suck, especially with a group. They try their absolute hardest to split everyone up and drop you as far away from where you want to be as possible when the game crashes or someone leaves sending you back to freemode.

14. loqtrall

loqtrall Banned

I completed the Prison Break heist last night on Very Hard. My tip: Be the plane pilot. The randoms I was playing with had more trouble and were cursing at each other more vigorously than I was doing anything. You literally fly a plane around dodging a jet's missiles (fly behind the jet, it can't shoot at you), then you land, pick up the guys, and lose the cops. Bam, job done. I got $250,000 for doing that? Yes, please.

15. Vostre Roy

Ahaha yeah I've found the same trick with the plane. Also done it being the prisoner and the guard, no clue what the demolition guy does but it seems quite easy too lol

Also completed the Humane Lab one, driving the armored truck and smashing vehicles is my new hobby :cool:

16. loqtrall

loqtrall Banned

Randoms who don't know what they're doing inside the prison totally ruins the Prison Break heist. They die 3-4 times and then rage quit because of their own failure, leaving us royally screwed.

Best way I found to get into heists literally nearly instantly is to join the IGN crew. There are so many members that your screen will constantly be filled with green crew invites for different heists, just accept the one you want.

17. Force

Force Jackson Addict

WTF is going on with online, every time i i get on my bank balance is zero. I deposit every dollar as soon as i get it. Ive lost a few hundred grand in the last week.

Rockstar, sort your shit out.

18. Cloudy

Cloudy Dunvegan Guitars Contributor

Ive heard a lot of stories of people losing their money and levels, hasnt' happen to me or anyone I know though. Hopefully its been fixed now.

On a better note, I finally finished the Prison Bank job last night. Really exciting finale. With an actual 4 man crew I can see this being REALLY fun. Unfortunately we had to toss a random in the mix which is always stress inducing but what can you do :(

19. Carrion Rocket

It's been a week and I still haven't completed a full heist since the 10th. Every attempt ends in some random rage quitting either after getting killed or in the middle of the job.

20. Neilzord

Neilzord .Metal.

Still not completed heists after the 1st one as it takes so f'in long to get enough people in the room that I quit out of bordem before I have more than 2 people.

My Xbox 360 Gamertag is "NEILZORD GK" If anyone wants to add me up and get some Heists & missions on!!!!