The GTA V Thread

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by Scar Symmetry, May 21, 2011.

1. Cloudy

Cloudy Dunvegan Guitars Contributor

Cost differences are going to be undeniably huge but a lot of people will argue the worth of an expensive computer rig. Someone whos dropping 1.5k+ on a computer is doing more then playing strictly GTA V. That being said, if the bottom line is you want to play GTA V and you kind of want 60FPS the most logical/rational response would be to pick up a next gen console and save the grand. :yesway:

ADDITIONALLY:
    1080p60fps first person gameplay

2. Stealth7

Stealth7 SS.org Irregular

Of course, then there will be mods that will make it look even better! #BestonPC

I'll probably break and buy it like I did with the console version. :lol:

3. Azyiu

Azyiu Triad Hitman

As said before, one of the few games I would double dip for.

4. Decon87

Decon87 SS.org Regular

Pretty glad I didn't buy this game the first time around. Now I can enjoy it my first time in glorious HD with fancy graphics. :yesway:

I'm really interested in this first person mode too. Might have to do two playthroughs. One in classic mode and one in first person.

5. Cloudy

Been downloading GTA V for awhile now. Still at 3%. Anyone else capped out at about 12mbps no matter what when downloading from the store?

Damn you shitty psn servers.

6. Ibzzus

Ibzzus Jangle/shoegaze-core

Damn, here in Pakistan we are grateful if we get 500kbps speed.

I would kill for 12mbps.

7. Cloudy

Woke up this morning and was at 9%, I cant imagine how bad you have it then man xD

8. mongey

mongey SS.org Regular

I played it on 360 last year but I am really tempted to grab it on ps4 for a 2nd playthrough

9. Vostre Roy

Vostre Roy Disciple of Djod

10. loqtrall

loqtrall Banned

Picked it up for Xbone. Online is still unplayable. Being peer-to-peer, it's quite the lagfest. I had several people in free roam approach me, freeze, then instantly shoot across the map. I had people teleporting all over the road as I chased them. Some people didn't even appear and nobody's dot on the map kept up with them. I tried TDM but the host lagged around and would one-shot me with an AK before I could even aim my weapon. A couple of my friends hopped on and we started a job, which ended in stuttering voice chat and them D/C'ing. Best part was that when they disconnected, my friends character turned into an NPC and kept driving with me in the car.

Not to mention the load times are attrocious. I had to wait through like 3 solid minutes of loading screens to character transfer, join online, join my friend's session, start a job, then back to free roam. I saw loading screens more than I actually played with my friends. It's incredibly frustrating and boring.

But the story mode is still fun and first-person mode is killer.

11. Cloudy

^ Thats unfortunate to hear.

I picked it up on the PS4 and I've only ran into a few connectivity problems and that was day 1/2. I kept getting booted from my crews matches but thats since been resolved as traffic slows down.

Load times are pretty awful though, especially going in/out of apartments and swapping between GTA/GTAO.

First Person mode is amazing! hope rockstar keeps it up and pumps out the heists finally...or maybe that rumored zombie dlc? that'd be pretty sweet. First person zombie bank robberies sound pretty metal to me.

12. loqtrall

loqtrall Banned

YES! First Person mode completely revitalized this game for me. It's literally like The Auto Scrolls: Grand Theft Skyrim. I can't get enough of it. Since starting the story mode I haven't used third-person modes at all. Shooting pursuers from the passenger seat of a car is particularly entertaining, flying planes as well!

13. Dooky

Dooky SS.org Regular

I haven't really had any connectivity problems so far. I bought it last night and it's been playing pretty smoothly for me. Also find the load times a huge improvement from what I remember of the PS3 version.

14. loqtrall

loqtrall Banned

Yeah, my friends and I finally figured it out. From now on, since I have a 70mbps internet connection, I'll just host a lobby, invite everyone, and then work from there. Turns out I'm an excellent host. Ever since I started hosting competitive matches and lobbies, I've had no lag, and nobody on the "server" has complained about lag.

It just turns out that GTA Online doesn't have a "regional" hosting system. Meaning that when you join a game, your host could be from anywhere. I've had plenty of instances where I join a free-roam lobby where NOBODY is speaking English, or any language I recognize for that matter. So, since I'm on the US East Coast, I could be connected to hosts from Europe, Asia, Australia, etc, which in turn lags me out like a son of a bitch.

Glad I got it all sorted out. It's actually pretty fun when it's possible to DO anything.

15. kevdes93

kevdes93 Sassy

just picked this up for ps4, 1st person is absolutely what the GTA series needed. i find driving in 1st person kinda tough but im getting the hang of it

16. Churchie777

Churchie777 Contributor

i was so stoked for the first person view but when I tried it I didn't like it one bit and I love my FPS's I guess I missed to greater view you get in 3rd person :guns: Also is anyone else's country trying to get this off the shelves? once again good ol Australia is on the GTA bash wagon

17. Cloudy

Seems like thats where Australia shines in the video game sector lol :lol:

Arent they trying to ban Evil Within and Dying Light as well?

18. MoshJosh

MoshJosh SS.org Regular

^^^ I like the first person view, it can be fun to mess around in, but I tend prefer to play in 3rd person.

I thinks its a bit easier to drive and gives you a better view of how amazing the world looks. I also couldn't find a FPS control layout that I loved, was hoping for straight up CoD controls and well that didn't happen, so I just play the regular control scheme which, in my opinion, doesn't offer any advantages to playin in first person.

Still FREAKING awesome game and I'm loving it so far

19. loqtrall

loqtrall Banned

Seems GTA online just isn't my cup of tea. It seem horridly unbalanced, unfairly rewarding to higher level'd players, glitchy, and with Cash Cards it seems a bit Pay-2-Win in most aspects.

For instance, yesterday a rank 120 guy was abusing me, following me and running around. I finally got the drop on him, as he had his back turned I shot him nearly point-blank with a sawed-off shotgun, he didn't die, he turned around and I shot him again, still didn't die, he then two-shotted me with a pistol even though I was using body armor. Then there was a rank 150~ guy who kept trying to kill me from his car as I drove by. I saw him leave his car and went after him. I must have run him over 15 times before he got up and one-shotted me with an AR. Then there's the several instances of people shooting me through concrete and solid metal walls that I'm hiding behind even though there's NO ....ing way they could hit or see me.

And don't even get me started on the rank 1000+ hackers that can't be killed except by headshot and can one-shot you with any weapon.

Unless you're rank 50+, fighting players is almost always a lost cause.

20. Cloudy

The trick is to whore level through races and martinez missions until you hit rank 80~