The First World Problem Thread...Voice Your Struggle

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by steinmetzify, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Lemonbaby

Lemonbaby SS.org Regular

Ordered a new power board, but can't make sure there will be enough fresh snow in two weeks on my vacation in the Alps... :shrug:

Edika likes this.
  2. High Plains Drifter

High Plains Drifter SS.org Regular

Continually attempting to extract my pubes from the bar of soap in the shower has proved maddening... chasing them round... and around... and around. Not since trying to remove egg-shell fragments from a slippery bowl have I been so frustrated.

3. Edika

Edika SS.org Regular

I got a new trem for one of my old guitars, a Schaller Floyd Rose II, and two of the intonation screws seem to be discoloured like have more of a copper hue instead of black. I contacted the store through ebay about it as I'm not sure how normal this is for their trems of if it's actually an issue and it doesn't seem like it as the rest of the trem looks brand new, it was sold as brand new, but it's bugging me and I won't install it unless I get a reply from them.

4. Metropolis

Metropolis SS.org Regular

Downloading Ownhammer Heavy Hitters vol. 2 takes way too much time...

Edika likes this.
  5. MFB

MFB ExBendable

Tickets for Elton John's Farewell tour start at $400, and that's balcony seats :( Floor seats are going for as high as $2K, and box seats around between $7/800. Shit's ridiculous, but he's been putting out albums since '69, so it makes sense.

Edika likes this.
  6. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire gearwhoricus americanus

I can only buy the k-cups I like in 16 packs since amazon wants a fortune for bigger packs.

Edika likes this.
  7. bulb

bulb SS.org Regular

Too tired from NAMM to go and setup my Axefx III in my studio...

Humbuck and steinmetzify like this.
  8. Albake21

Albake21 "Just get a used Ibanez Prestige."

Wait... WHAT? How did I not even know about this?? As a huge Axe FX follower, this wen't way over my head. Do you plan on doing any write up or video on it?

9. steinmetzify

steinmetzify CHUG & SLUDGE

Birthday next week, just wanna be alone and work. People aren’t having it and apparently the fact that I’d rather make money makes me a fuckin asshole...

coffeeflush, Edika and Anquished like this.
  10. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

^ Birthdays always drive me nuts, very rarely get to spend it the way I'd like to. If that makes you an asshole, I say embrace it and be the asshole if you want to. :lol:

HeavyMetal4Ever and steinmetzify like this.
  11. A-Branger

A-Branger SS.org Regular

got the chance to get a new amazing guitar. Cant decide between two colos

Edika likes this.
  12. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

I ran into a guitar that I really don't need, but it just kinda spoke to me when I picked it up. Was in a used shop last weekend, and I wasn't the only one looking at it. Did a bunch of mental gymnastics to convince myself not to buy it. Now I've been thinking about it all week. And it's probably gone. :lol: But I'm fighting the urge to go back to the store and get it if it's still there, even though I know I'll buy it, play it once or twice, then it'll sit on a stand and do nothing but look cool.

It's an Epiphone "Negative" Explorer which is some kind of Long and Mcquade exclusive they did a while ago (2009 I think?) where it's finished to look like a photo negative of a standard explorer -> white paint, maple board, black pickguard and binding. Gah. I might have to go back there today.

Edika likes this.
  13. bulb

bulb SS.org Regular

because i set up an s-corp as a pass through i have to wait a little to buy an re-301

steinmetzify and Winspear like this.
  14. MFB

MFB ExBendable

Well, we ended up buying tickets last week. Cool $600 a person for loge seating, back row, with a direct view of the stage. It's gonna be great.

Bittersweet victory today, my TD account got hit via Paypal so someone charged $900 to it this week, but my card finally split the other day - so they shut that off, and now that I have no access to the acct I can switch my stuff over to my DCU account. I've been phasing out putting stuff on that card so I know exactly how much I can transfer, so I guess this will solve that. Luckily for me, I also switched my paycheck earlier this week so that'll go in to my new account as well.

15. Andrew Lloyd Webber

Andrew Lloyd Webber Part-time Elon Musk impersonator

The guy whose winning bid on a guitar I wanted was $100 over my own is reselling it in another country.

AxeHappy and Edika like this.
  16. steinmetzify

steinmetzify CHUG & SLUDGE

Brother got into music production....spent an hour on the phone last night helping him set up Reaper and Kontakt and he then sent me the doubles for plugins he got from buying hardware accessories. Too many new plugins to play with...

17. Andrew Lloyd Webber

A few things:

Can’t get to sleep after getting paid to watch cartoons and type that awful guitar review. I drank several beers, but they’re not helping!

My direct deposit was missing several days’ worth of pay. So not only do I only have enough money to pay all of my bills and live comfortably until the adjusted balance is included in my next pay, but I have to go collect three checks from people I did business with in January if I want more money in the meantime! God is truly dead.

18. Metropolis

Metropolis SS.org Regular

When you move to bigger apartment and have to buy more curtains, carpets and lighting.

coffeeflush likes this.
  19. Jinogalpa

Jinogalpa ESP fanatic Contributor

did a ride with my 2017 Mustang GT with new mounted Sport exhaust
    now its dusty and i have no time to wash it myself :bath:

20. Andrew Lloyd Webber

I was the only bidder on an eBay auction - My bid at or above the seller’s reserve price (a generous 10% under what he’d paid new), but he clearly wanted more than the reserve; and cancelled the auction an hour before it ended.

Here I am, wanting a pimp to feed this guy drain cleaner for the transgression of not letting me waste money on another redundant guitar.

BIG ND SWEATY likes this.