The First World Problem Thread...Voice Your Struggle

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by steinmetzify, Aug 31, 2017.

1. steinmetzify

steinmetzify CHUG & SLUDGE

Upgrade time on my phone.....can't decide between an 8 and a X, and I'm finding I really don't care at all. There's absolutely nothing wrong with my 6s, and even though that's the case I know that because I typed this it's gonna start fuckin up on me...

Edika likes this.
  2. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

I just did the jump from an iPhone 6 to an Android phone and the transition (to android) was a lot less painful than I expected - but the customer service I had to endure along the way was the worst, and the device I picked was probably a bad choice hardware-quality wise.

I played around with the 8 and X iPhones in stores and it didn't feel like something new. Just the usual incremental speed up, which wasn't enough to convince me to upgrade since the 6 still works just fine, and I didn't want to deal with the weird notch at the top of the phone. Also iOS 11 has been... less than good to me.

Edika likes this.
  3. AxeHappy

AxeHappy SS.org Regular

I only got to see the Bat out of Hell musical 3 times before it left Toronto.

The deductions on my most recent weekly pay cheque were a grand more than my monthly pay cheques were 8-9 years ago. I'm not bothered by this (I actually have extra tax taken off) but it is certainly a first world problem.

Edika likes this.
  4. Ebony

Ebony Drums

My local supermarket has begun selling whole, frozen trout without the guts. The guts is the entire point of baking whole trout in the oven, the stuffed onions are useless without the organ-fat. So now everytime I need to re-stock on frozen trout I have to travel 7km to the supermarket in the neighbor town. And I'm sure it's only a matter of time before they start doing it aswell. UGH!!!

5. Curt

Curt Where we're going we don't need neck pickups

Going to be buying a new guitar come February. And I'm stuck between a tried and true tool for me, a new 7 string. Or whether I should explore new territory with the 8. The only thing stopping me is worrying that I won't use the 8 practically enough. Don't really have a shop close enough to just go test one out, and the one I normally do go to rarely has an 8 string around. I've been bitching about it to my brother all week and said "lol first world problems" so I figured I'd post it here where people at least remotely understand. lol

Edika and steinmetzify like this.
  6. Seybsnilksz

Seybsnilksz SS.org Regular

There's a barely visible defect subpixel on my 2560x1440 monitor. That means there are 3686399 working pixels, but still.

Edika likes this.
  7. ramses

ramses Guitar/pizza regular Contributor

I fucking hate buying food labeled as organic, it is a scam, and it is every day becoming more difficult to avoid it.

Edika, AxeHappy and A-Branger like this.
  8. sezna

sezna undermotivated

I am going to work as a programmer soon three hours from my hometown and I'm excited but also scared that I'll just become another boring middle class worker being taken advantage of in a capitalistic society. Would love to have something, anything, unique about my life. Meh.

Edika likes this.
  9. HUGH JAYNUS

HUGH JAYNUS I’m a grown ass man

I hate my job driving cool trains that pays me over $19p/h to sit on my ass with zero physical labor

I dont know which hobby to concentrate on more: starting up my YouTube channel for Lets Play video games, building my old truck, learning welding, or getting back into writing music again for my solo album.

And i am too lazy to stick to my diet to lose a little weight.

Edika likes this.
  10. sezna

sezna undermotivated

Welding seems like the most likely to lead to a potential new career outside of driving trains...if a random internet stranger's input means anything to you.

Edika and HUGH JAYNUS like this.
  11. marcwormjim

marcwormjim SS.org Regular

It became a bit less oppressive once I left the Bay Area. Plus my living expenses are so much lower that overpaying for an organic shallot or whatever the store chose to stock isnt as cringeworthy.

ramses and Edika like this.
  12. HUGH JAYNUS

HUGH JAYNUS I’m a grown ass man

That’s very true. And that’s really the main reason i want to. But when i get home, couch and video games be callin me

13. bostjan

bostjan MicroMetal Contributor

If you loose too much weight, you might have to change your screen name, too. :lol:

Edika, marcwormjim and HUGH JAYNUS like this.
  14. vilk

vilk Very Regular

My wife and I also feel this way, but sometimes at the grocery I see her like going out of her way to avoid buying the organic food. I always say: Pick the produce that looks tastier. I mean barring that you're shopping at some kind of boutique gourmet heirloom vegetable stand, the price difference between organic or non is pretty negligible when one celery is spotty and falling apart and the other one is crisp and beautiful. Look, I know we both agree that we don't care if the food we eat isn't organic, but it's not like there's much point in actively trying to avoid organic food either.

ramses and Edika like this.
  15. bostjan

bostjan MicroMetal Contributor

Actually, just mildly amusing, I bought some peanut butter from the grocer yesterday, and the checkout clerk read the label out loud: "All natural peanut butter. ... Hmm, what's the other kind?!"

Edika likes this.
  16. Seybsnilksz

Seybsnilksz SS.org Regular

Can't decide what burger place to go to.

Edika likes this.
  17. Edika

Edika SS.org Regular

The stupidity of this labeling is that all vegetables are organic. Unless it's box of "vegetables" were they have been processed to hell and deep fried in some goop and served looking nothing like their original form, all fruit and veg are organic. Sometimes frozen vegetables will even preserve more nutrients than fresh.
    Now using less pesticides and not too much fertilizers to grow them fast, having the fruits and vegetables mature more on the trees and soil and being of local production might make them somewhat tastier and have more nutrients but that is not necessary the case.

ramses likes this.
  18. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

I made a realization a while back that most of my complaints about things come down to words. I hate how people use words.

Edika likes this.
  19. ramses

ramses Guitar/pizza regular Contributor

:-D

So many things would become less oppressive if I left, as James Hetfield himself noted some months ago in an interview about why he left the Bay Area. But I love my job, so I'll stay here for a while.

Haha ... I don't really obsess about it. Remember this is a lets-have-silly-fun thread.

Please note that this is a reason why "organics" are a scam. They do use pesticides, even "non-organics" pesticides, in addition to fertilizers. BS all the way through :)

20. Edika

Edika SS.org Regular

I know and I should have put an if before using. Without any type pesticides their production would be limited and fertilizers are a known way to help crops grow before industrial fertilizers. Just using good old manure.