The First World Problem Thread...Voice Your Struggle

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by steinmetzify, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Edika

Edika SS.org Regular

After contemplating getting a specific instrument that I was lusting for a few weeks and decided to sell two guitars I don't want to sell to cover the cost, I decided to go for it.
    Last Monday was a bank holiday and the seller's dad was going to ship the guitar with thr Royal Mail courier, Parcelforce, with their 48h service. I get a notification on Wednesday that send the guitar is dispatched but he doesn't the tracking number and I'm waiting for it on Friday thinkingvI'll get it before the weekend to enjoy it. The guitar never arrived and I ask for the tracking number to see where it is. Turns out the guitar was collected on Thursday and as the seller didn't pay the extra amount for a Saturday delivery, I'm hoping the guitar arrive today before 13:00, as I'll be at work and my wife will be out. So most probably I'll get it tomorrow :(.

2. Edika

Edika SS.org Regular

After contemplating getting a specific instrument that I was lusting for a few weeks and decided to sell two guitars I don't want to sell to cover the cost, I decided to go for it.
    Last Monday was a bank holiday and the seller's dad was going to ship the guitar with thr Royal Mail courier, Parcelforce, with their 48h service. I get a notification on Wednesday that send the guitar is dispatched but he doesn't the tracking number and I'm waiting for it on Friday thinkingvI'll get it before the weekend to enjoy it. The guitar never arrived and I ask for the tracking number to see where it is. Turns out the guitar was collected on Thursday and as the seller didn't pay the extra amount for a Saturday delivery, I'm hoping the guitar arrive today before 13:00, as I'll be at work and my wife will be out. So most probably I'll get it tomorrow :(.

3. marcwormjim

marcwormjim SS.org Regular

That double-post meant I read his post twice on the toilet while clocked in!

4. Edika

Edika SS.org Regular

You're welcome :D!

5. marcwormjim

6. Edika

Edika SS.org Regular

And of course I can't edit or delete one of the double posts now that I'm on a computer. That will teach me to try and comment on an out dated android phone. Oh wait, here's another first world problem :D!

marcwormjim, that sounds like a really hard stool to pass. I feel for you man!

7. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

People keep offering me free home-cooked food, and it's mildly interrupting my intentionally thought-out diet.

8. bostjan

bostjan MicroMetal Contributor

No one I know face-to-face ever wants to talk about the shitty music I like.

9. Lemonbaby

Lemonbaby SS.org Regular

Get out of this thread - that's a REAL problem!

Edika, JD27, cult and 3 others like this.
  10. marcwormjim

Are you long-winded in real life, or something?

11. cult

cult SS.org Regular

I am offered a cake baked for my birthday and I can't decide which one I'd like :(

Ebony and Edika like this.
  12. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

There is a clean tone I love stored on my HD Pro but I only use my Kemper to record rhythms/solos.
    Having to use both for recording, when they are not both at my home, is inconvenient.

steinmetzify and Edika like this.
  13. Anquished

Anquished hhnice!

Went out 3 mins early on my lunch break to microwave my food. Someones already at the microwave - with 3 mins on the timer.

14. bostjan

bostjan MicroMetal Contributor

Very.

15. steinmetzify

steinmetzify CHUG & SLUDGE

Native Instruments is releasing a new line of MIDI controllers that get rid of that stupid touch strip they've used for pitch/mod...they're really deep front to back tho...gonna have to move some stuff off my desk. Crap.

16. steinmetzify

I feel for you. Can you profile it?

17. steinmetzify

Dudes on forums that you totally ignore...and then forget about when you hit a new forum and they're RIGHT FUCKING THERE SAYING THE SAME SHIT

Edika likes this.
  18. Church2224

Church2224 Guitar Whore

I have not had sex in 3 years...

Does that count?

steinmetzify, Ebony and Edika like this.
  19. A-Branger

A-Branger SS.org Regular

I live on a beach town, pretty cool place but I was struggling to work. Found a new full time job to work on an island resort, like an amazing tourist destination, with pretty low rent, great pay, and basically wont be using my car at all (only if I want to get out on a weekend on main land), plus 0 bills either, except for my phone.

Im complaining as I wont have a beach to surf anymore.

.....but also as I cant take my dog. I share her with my ex already as it was our dog, so shes gonna look after her, but still

my friends are all jealous and lik e"OMG lucky youuu to get to live thereeeee" Im like "meh"... aslo beacuse I already lived 2-3 years on a small tourist town before while I was studying and believe me you get tired of it sooooooo quick. Great for a couple of months but you can go crazy if you stay there for a long time. Also I guess with a full time job would be eassier

dont get me wrong I know how amazing it would be and Im doing it to save money for 1-2 years, but Im not as excited as I should. Mostly because i didnt wanted to move out from here..... I had a nice little cheap place close to everything, my dog, great beaches and camping spots, finally made a great group of friends, ect, ect, I jsut needed a steady income.... oh well

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
    steinmetzify likes this.
  20. Nikodroid

Nikodroid SS.org Regular

Trying to choose the right audio interface... The struggle is real.

Petar Bogdanov and steinmetzify like this.