The Faceless Megathread ("Autotheism" available 08.14.12)

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by The Dark Wolf, Apr 17, 2007.

1. squids

squids .

Where did you hear that? Thats hilarious considering i came on here to say “Ken sounds a lot like Derrick on spiraling void...”. If it really is Derrick though, they rerecorded him because it sounds a bit different than the old one, and im i know they rerecorded Keene’s vocals too. Interestingly enough, this is the first time i actually like the new spiraling void mix more than the original.

2. anomynous

anomynous SS.org Regular

On one of Ken's FB statuses someone asked if he did vocals on Blackstar & Spiraling Void. He replied "Blackstar" so I'm taking that as a no

3. BIG ND SWEATY

BIG ND SWEATY Edgy

I ordered the album on Itunes and its definitely still Derek's vocals on The Spiraling Void. That decision makes no sense to me, Ken is a monster vocalist (not as good as Derek IMO but still) so why not have him re-do the song? I mean he's already on every other song so...

takotakumi likes this.
  4. squids

squids .

I think Derek probably wrote the lyrics and shit so might as well keep him on it since it’s his “intellectual property”

5. Jonathan20022

Jonathan20022 Engineer

Just finished figuring this out, I've had this song on repeat since it came out. It's not as high up there as Spiraling Void for me, but I'm excited again for the album.

Lorcan Ward and squids like this.
  6. Lada The Great

Lada The Great SS.org Regular

7. marcwormjim

marcwormjim SS.org Regular

Link is dead now. Basically, The Faceless announced Inanimate Existance as an opening act just before rape allegations against an IE member broke, and are now attempting damage control by announcing that they’re dumped.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
  8. anomynous

anomynous SS.org Regular

I'm confused at the backlash against The Faceless over this. With everything going on right now in the entertainment industry, why wouldn't they drop them?

9. Sogradde

Sogradde SS.org Regular

Because "innocent until proven guilty" used to be a thing.

GenghisCoyne and exo like this.
  10. Dommak89

Dommak89 SS.org Regular

I understand, why they dropped the band, that is indeed damage control/marketing. I don't understand them trying to legitimize their decision. Someone on facebook already said it: Why not just say you drop the band and be done with it?

11. exo

exo SS.org Regular

Keene doesn't get that the fans see right thru the "I'm trying to cover my ass" bullshit...or that there was no NEED to try and play the "cover my ass" game in this situation. A much more direct statement along the lines of "a member of the opening act for the tour has had some VERY serious accusations leveled against him, and this tour can't be dealing with the fallout from that" would have gone over MUCH better.

12. anomynous

anomynous SS.org Regular

That’s basically what they did with the original post, but that wasn’t good enough apparently. Especially when Inanimate Existence then posted it was because they dab on the tour bus or something.

Jonathan20022 likes this.
  13. Jacksonluvr636

Jacksonluvr636 SS.org Regular

Then leave it at that and let the trolls troll. What you do not do is follow up the way Michael did.

The guy is literally a moron and should not be handling their social media.

14. ArtHam

ArtHam SS.org Regular

Doesn't work like that. Guy can't do anything right for some people. He left it at that initially and then was called out by people who dissed him for not announcing the seriousness of the allegations. Then he does and people complain about that too. Like most social media issues it's a lose/lose situation. Someone winds up getting pissed off.

Masoo2, Ordacleaphobia and oracles like this.
  15. oracles

oracles Australian in Canada

They seemingly can't do anything without having torches and pitchforks put at their throats, every single post they make is flooded with hundreds upon hundreds of troll comments and people shitting on them for literally anything. I'm sure someone somewhere blames Keene when it rains for fucks sake.

16. Jacksonluvr636

Jacksonluvr636 SS.org Regular

Eh,

I mean I get your point but he could have definitely left it with the first post and have been done with it and avoided raging and pissing off more fans.

But to each their own.

IMO the best way to deal with trolls is to either completely ignore them or just crack a joke.

Don't feed them.

17. squids

squids .

at this point i feel bad for them, when they announced the new album people were slinging shit all over the comments. honestly i dont understand what these trolls are even thinking, its pretty hard to spin this situation to make the faceless look bad and yet they find a way

18. Eptaceros

Eptaceros Wayfarer Contributor

19. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands greg rulz ok

20. Ordacleaphobia

Ordacleaphobia Can only power chord

Cam's post sounds genuine and I'm inclined to believe him.
    But I can't fault The Faceless for their decision to drop them. I don't know anything about an internet shitstorm or follow up posts or anything, but dropping the act makes sense from a PR perspective. With what's going on with Decapitated, and all the allegations floating around the entire entertainment industry, in addition to what Cam touches on 'even just an allegation can ruin opportunities; etc' I can totally see it being a perfectly valid panic response, because all it takes is for one guy to go "The Faceless are rape enablers because X said Y on Z tour raped her and they're sweeping it under the rug," and all of a sudden, now this is their problem.
    It sucks but that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Plus, you know, this is definitely a thing-