The Division

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by leftyguitarjoe, Jan 16, 2016.

1. MoshJosh

MoshJosh SS.org Regular

FINALLY GOT A HIGH END HYPE! (well excluding the Damascus) got The Liberator last night, haven't used it yet, but I'm stoked!

2. rifftrauma

rifftrauma Trapped in time...

So I'm currently sitting at DZ Rank 54 and I've hit a wall as far as game progression. Unfortunately you can't craft High End Division Tech, which is required for all DZ Blueprints, both Item level 30 and 31. You can only find it... so at this point the end game is me doing a route through DZ trying to open chests in hopes of having a High End Div Tech drop... frustrating. Hopefully incursions will fix this soon.

3. kootenay

kootenay SS.org Regular

Nice, I crafted the HE AK, but I am not sure I like it over my purple AUG. I'll have to take it into a mission and see how it does.

I also really want to get a good shotgun and see how I can do with that. After getting just murdered by shotguns in challenge mode so many times I feel like I want to return the favour!

4. QuantumCybin

QuantumCybin Lost In Thought

Yeah, I'm kind of in the same boat. Still having a lot of fun just destroying people in the dark zone haha

5. IChuckFinleyI

IChuckFinleyI Banned

My HE AK is absolutely ridiculous. Head shots are 30k, critical hits are nearly 60k. I got lucky and got 40% stability as a perk, add in some good mods (especially the 100% mag increase and crit hit chance) and it barely even moves. A few trolls have tried jumping in front of me to make me rogue so they can kill me, but that hasn't worked in their favor at all. I've smoked three full 4 man squads alone with that thing lol

6. QuantumCybin

Can't wait for the big update this month; gonna have the new operations, gear sets, and I think they're adding something to the dark zone. Gonna be suh-weeeeet.

7. xvultures

xvultures Cognizance

Just picked up this game. Cannot stop playing. Finally had a group to roll with in the Dark Zone and it was awesome.

8. rifftrauma

rifftrauma Trapped in time...

I'd check the most recent patch notes and make sure you upgrade all your crafting items before next Tuesday.

9. MoshJosh

MoshJosh SS.org Regular

Some people should at me on PS4 because I need teammates for DZ and challenge modes

Name is:
    pinkmystink

I'm usually on at like 9ish

10. toiletstand

toiletstand /\'...'/\

i hate this game. also im trying to hit rank 50 in the dark zone.

also my ps4 tag is: toiletstand

11. QuantumCybin

Hadn't played in almost two weeks, was busy with work and EVE online. That new patch is pretty nice, they added the first raid, daily and weekly challenges, gear sets, item trading, random air drops in the dark zone, and gear score, which is similar to light level from Destiny. Looking forward to playing with some buddies on my off days :wavey:

12. Jarmake

Jarmake Frost Giant

i got this game yesterday... It came with my new gpu. I'll have to try it out someday.

13. QuantumCybin

If you've never played it, now would be the time. It's got a good story, solid mechanics, and it's just a lot of fun to play. Do yourself a favor and at least give it a shot; if you're into action RPG's its a safe bet you'll at least get some enjoyment out of it.

14. Jarmake

Jarmake Frost Giant

I actually had some time to try it out today... I created my character and tried one side mission where I had to get some food rations back from people who stole them. It's quite nice looking game for sure and the gameplay seems to be quite solid with it's cover based system. Only gripe with my lightning fast test drive was that the enemies take a ....load of bullets before falling down. I'll have to try some more, but I'm interested to see what's this all about.

Weird to see other living players on a story driven game like this. I've never tried any mmo's.

15. QuantumCybin

Well, the thing to remember is this game is an RPG first and a shooter second. The enemies become ridiculous bullet sponges by the time you hit level 30. Definitely use matchmaking and pair up with people, this game becomes exponentially more fun with friends. If you can approach the game understanding what kind of game it's primarily trying to be, you'll be good to go. I think because of the Tom Clancy label, people assume the game is another Ghost Recon or Rainbow Six in terms of its realism, but it's quite the opposite.

16. MoshJosh

MoshJosh SS.org Regular

Someone please play the incursion with me. Noone I know is ever online when I'm on. . . PSN: pinkmystink

17. MoshJosh

MoshJosh SS.org Regular

So damn they increased the high end drop rate (well increased as in made it a guarantee for the daily missions). . . before the update my only high end weapon was the Liberator that I had to build. . . after the update in like a few days of play I have 7 high end weapons and almost all high end gear!

After missions people are literally dropping high ends that they don't want haha.

Still haven't played the incursion though.

18. jacksonguitar1111

jacksonguitar1111 SS.org Regular

General question: How buggy is this game?

19. beneharris

beneharris SS.org Regular

It is all the buggy.

20. leftyguitarjoe

leftyguitarjoe Correct-handed

Dont buy it