The Division

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by leftyguitarjoe, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

Really torn on this game, as the reviews seem to be very mixed, plus having the time to invest back into a game like this (I'm starting to feel like if I did go back to this type of game, it would be to give Destiny another chance). I may wait to see if this whole busniess of online play being cross platform comes to fuition, as I'm a PS4 player and I have a bunch of friends who paly on Xbox One.

2. kootenay

kootenay SS.org Regular

I have been enjoying it, but I can already see that my interest will be fading quickly as its already rinse and repeat daily's for loot etc.

3. QuantumCybin

QuantumCybin Lost In Thought

4. leftyguitarjoe

leftyguitarjoe Correct-handed

I wish I could refund this game. I am fully decked out in HE gear and there is nothing else to do. You just run the same missions over and over. I should have known better than to buy an Ubisoft game. All looks, no sustenance.

5. beneharris

beneharris SS.org Regular

You must buy DLC. mwahahahahaha.

Yeah, screw them. Its fun to play with friends, but its by no means a great game. For $60, I've gotten my moneys worth.

6. QuantumCybin

So the 100 hours you just put into it wasn't worth the $60 you paid? Any kind of loot based game like this has a similar end game. Look at Diablo (granted, Diablo has a better loot system, but they've changed it from when the game first came out) or Destiny. I would hardly say the game has no sustenance. Cool story, tons of missions, and now with this new patch people are finally PvP'ing in the dark zone.

7. leftyguitarjoe

49 hours and I'm spec'd to the max. I'm done all the missions. Where do I progress from here?

I never played Diablo and Destiny isn't on PC so I cant play it.

8. QuantumCybin

Well, the raid content is coming out in a few weeks, so there's that. For right now, most people are just farming phoenix credits and trying to craft the best possible gear; as your crafting recipe is essentially a dice roll, you can craft the same thing twenty times and get twenty different levels of quality off of this gear. That's where this game feels like Diablo, it is very much a carrot-on-a-stick type of game. You get PLENTY of loot, but you'll always want that one piece that's just slightly better lol

Personally, I've been doing a couple challenge missions (I don't even bother with russian consulate, people are too stupid lol) and going in the dark zone. That's crazy you're at 49 hours and you're maxed out. I'm at over 100 and still have to finish the encounters and get all the intel :lol:

9. leftyguitarjoe

If you do the story missions and side missions you'll hit 30. I got all my HE gear from challenge missions. The DZ had such abysmal drop rates it wasnt really worth it. I dont wear jackets so collecting the intel wont do anything for me.

10. kootenay

kootenay SS.org Regular

I am not sure my hours, maybe 40 ish, but I only have like 3 or 4 HE gear and I feel like they are still the weaker ones. I have about 20% left of then Intel and still haven't even been into one of the zones. I go into a random group with some Russian dude in the DZ and we were clearing all sorts of .... and heliing the gear out, it was lots of fun. I didn't get anything spectacular, but it turned into a lot of crafting mats! I thought I was going to burn out as I was going hard, but I haven't played in like 3 days due to the gym and Jiu-jitsu so I am excited to get back in there.

11. MoshJosh

MoshJosh SS.org Regular

I must admit I'm sort of burnt out for the moment. Think I have 30 hours in, so even if I completely stopped playing I'd say I got my moneys worth, especially considering the length of other games out there. . . But still with the free and payed DLCs to come, I'm sure I'll hop back on soon

12. leftyguitarjoe

I'd like to get 100+ hours out of full priced games. What The Division really needs are classic PVP gametypes like CTF, king of the hill, and deathmatches. The game is set up for awesome squad-based combat but doesnt make much use for it.

13. QuantumCybin

That would definitely be awesome. The skills could really make some cool classes and varied scenarios. I think people forget that Ubisoft is just the publisher; Massive is very active in talking with the community; a lot of things that pop up on the Reddit community have been implemented, for example. I think the game holds a lot of promise, hopefully Ubisoft doesn't step on Massive's toes too much.

14. QuantumCybin

Sorry for the double post but I wanted to share me being a total troll in the Dark Zone. I crafted a new Vector and holy balls this thing eats health for breakfast. I get too much enjoyment out of launching a sticky bomb at the extraction point and then finishing people off :lol:

15. kootenay

kootenay SS.org Regular

I just finished all the missions tonight and got all the intel. Now I just need to work on my DZ level and my HE gear. I am still interested at this point, but more so if I play ever other day or so.

16. leftyguitarjoe

Challenge missions are a much better source of HE gear. You'll get chewed up in the DZ with less than 50K health and 80K dps. First, run the last mission a few times on hard mode so you're decked out in purples.

17. kootenay

kootenay SS.org Regular

Thanks for the tip! I am around 100k dps and not sure on my health, maybe 50k ish. I have about 3-4 HE at the moment, but everything needs improving. I am not even unlocking all the bonuses on my guns at the moment.

18. kootenay

kootenay SS.org Regular

Dear lord did you chew those guys up...haha. Oddly I am yet to be attacked in the DZ at all.

19. MoshJosh

MoshJosh SS.org Regular

Played a bit more last night, and got a few good superiors in the DZ. Also f*ck the Russian Consulate on challenge mode, made it almost to the end after like 2 hours of play, then someone quit our fire team. . . It felt impossible with 3 haha needless to say we didn't finish the mission

20. Maybrick

Maybrick SS.org Regular

Im finding the game quite fun. I find the single player stuff a tad boring, seems to be a 'clear this area' then rinse and repeat but the dark zone stuff is really fun. Played about 20 hours so far but have no intention of stopping.

Should be renamed to Tom Clancy: Incoming Hostiles Simulator